What to do at LG?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What should Skins do at LG?

• In Kouandjio we trust
    • Move Ty Nsekhe
    • Find Vet to compete with Kouandjio- best man wins
    • Our starting LG is not currently on the roster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2018 at 04:55 PM

9 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

@skinny21 Arie was always a distraction from the eventual plan of Luavao as the starter.

There might have been a camp competition.  But the winner had already been chosen.

You may be right... but they didn’t sign Lauvao until Kouandijo went down, right? Eh, doesn’t matter - we have Lauvao and basically no one else.  I will say that if Roullier performs well enough, perhaps we leave him at LG and see what Dunn can do at C.  Or maybe we just see improvement from cohesion with our current lineup.  Of course, far more likely Lauvao is starting at LG as soon as he’s healthy (until he’s injured again).  :(

I wonder if Gruden's philosophy of position versatility hurts us here because maybe we could be looking for a really good guard but don't sign him because he can't play center or ot. I think about Kalis last year for this. 

That said, i also just wonder if our philosophy of teaching young players but not playing them is a good one. I like it and i think it protects them, but what's the ceiling on Dunn or Christian?or Alexander at CB? Will they even be here next year? If not shouldn't we think of replacing them with people with higher ceilings? We did that with Lanier so I doubt that we're not considering it. 

Archived