What to do at LG?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What should Skins do at LG?

• In Kouandjio we trust
    • Move Ty Nsekhe
    • Find Vet to compete with Kouandjio- best man wins
    • Our starting LG is not currently on the roster

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2018 at 04:55 PM

14 hours ago, goskins10 said:

So since a bunch of other guys do it but don't get caught, that makes it OK for him. That is what you are saying. You can only take action on what you know. The team knows he is a POS. No reason to bring him in. There are other guys who can play LG that are not garbage. 

The item above can be had but giving enough money. He wants to play football so he is making it look good. Not to mention, the lesson he learned from being bullied? Don't hate a guy just because he bullies you! Get to know them as they are just misunderstood! Especially since when he had the chance he then bullied someone else! 

What a role model! Not sure why you are defending this piece of human waste. 

I literally said “Doesn’t make it right, but he’s not unique“ in my post. Get off your high horse. 

I’m not defending him. I’m just not a SJW that needs to virtue signal at every opportunity. If they bring him in. Great. If they don’t. Great. 

1 hour ago, Master Blaster said:

I literally said “Doesn’t make it right, but he’s not unique“ in my post. Get off your high horse. 

I’m not defending him. I’m just not a SJW that needs to virtue signal at every opportunity. If they bring him in. Great. If they don’t. Great. 

Saying it’s not right but accepting it and tolerating it anyways isn’t a good look man. You may not be defending him but you are supportive of him being on this team. 

And what’s up with trying to act like caring about a person’s character is some bad thing? What the hell is a virtue signal and if what he’s saying is a virtue signal what kind of signal are you sending? 

I rather be a social justice warrior than an anti-social corruption warrior or whatever the hell the opposite of a SJW is supposed to be. 

2 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

Of course you are defending him.  You pointed out the messages he sent to Martin, and how he was tight with Shady, "a black guy", and how Martin was the only teammate to complain about him you are most definitely defending him.  

4 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Of course you are defending him.  You pointed out the messages he sent to Martin, and how he was tight with Shady, "a black guy", and how Martin was the only teammate to complain about him you are most definitely defending him.  

Yes in response to other posts because it is untrue. Did you read the text messages?

I’m indifferent to him coming here, I just don’t attempt to gain moral superiority through virtue signaling. 

None of you have the slightest idea what kind of person Incognito is in his day to day life. 

7 hours ago, Master Blaster said:

You can try to run from it if you want - but you were and still are defending him. If you were not defending him then why post the anti bullying thing?  And why even bring up that others do it?  

You can say all you want that you said it’s not right, but it is over shadowed by “if they bring him in, great.”

If Expecting people to have common courtesy and treat others with respect is being on a “high horse”, I guess that’s just a cross I will have to bear. 

If Incoginito came in, met with the coaches, and he checked out, then I'm all for signing him; our issue at LG is a real one. Also, I don't know how anyone could worry about him acting up as long as TW is on the team...

We all know about the Martin bullying thing, which was effed up, but the guy isn't a racist. After that Jags game where he was accused of saying racist sh*t, his black teammates, fellow OL who were right next to him, came to his defense. In this thinskinned era, everyone should do their due diligence before believing headlines. Hell, we know first hand, look at how bad the Redskins cheerleader story was twisted.

56 minutes ago, CTskin said:

If Incoginito came in, met with the coaches, and he checked out, then I'm all for signing him; our issue at LG is a real one. Also, I don't know how anyone could worry about him acting up as long as TW is on the team...

We all know about the Martin bullying thing, which was effed up, but the guy isn't a racist. After that Jags game where he was accused of saying racist sh*t, his black teammates, fellow OL who were right next to him, came to his defense. In this thinskinned era, everyone should do their due diligence before believing headlines. Hell, we know first hand, look at how bad the Redskins cheerleader story was twisted.

I hear you. Just don't use that argument defending Bruce or Dan. Ok?

10 hours ago, CTskin said:

I can promise you I have done my own "due diligence". It tells me this guy is a total piece of ****. Maybe it's Ok for you and some others if the team brings him in. It is not for me and will be a major appointment and step back for me with this team. 

At least for now it looks lie the team agrees. There have been no reports of the team even looking at him. I for one am very glad. 

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I can promise you I have done my own "due diligence". It tells me this guy is a total piece of ****. Maybe it's Ok for you and some others if the team brings him in. It is not for me and will be a major appointment and step back for me with this team. 

At least for now it looks lie the team agrees. There have been no reports of the team even looking at him. I for one am very glad. 

Agreed. Headcase/Piece of ****, yes. Racist, no. 

Take a step back and look at Incognito vs Luavao, talent-wise, it isn't even close. Who knows what the coaches are thinking, maybe they have high hopes for Kalis/Catalina or will do something with Nsekhe. But, I'd much prefer to give Callahan better, proven talent to work with. We'll see what the camp cuts offer, but Incognito should be on the radar. He reminds me of Bill Romanowski; not the best player, but a mean sonofa**** who people really don't want to go up against. If you ask me, we could use some of that.

11 hours ago, joeken24 said:

I hear you. Just don't use that argument defending Bruce or Dan. Ok?

I'm not defending Bruce or Dan, I'm defending the team. What that agenda-driven journalist tried to twist on this team was wrong. What the media tried to twist on Incognito about being a racist was wrong. Same argument works for both.

49 minutes ago, skinsfan212689 said:

Is guard Jeff Allen whom was recently released from the Texans worth a look?

Damaged goods! sad he is only 28 and it looks like his career is over.

Veteran offensive lineman Jeff Allen's Texans career is over after just two years in Houston.

The Texans released Allen from the reserve/physically unable to perform list with an injury settlement, the team announced Friday.

Allen missed the final two games of the 2017 season with a concussion. Still recovering from multiple ankle injuries, he was placed on the PUP list in May.

12 hours ago, CTskin said:

I'm not defending Bruce or Dan, I'm defending the team. What that agenda-driven journalist tried to twist on this team was wrong. What the media tried to twist on Incognito about being a racist was wrong. Same argument works for both.

I am with you CT. I was alluding to an argument I made a while back about not believing everything you hear from the media.

On 7/16/2018 at 8:50 AM, CTskin said:

Agreed. Headcase/Piece of ****, yes. Racist, no. 

Take a step back and look at Incognito vs Luavao, talent-wise, it isn't even close. Who knows what the coaches are thinking, maybe they have high hopes for Kalis/Catalina or will do something with Nsekhe. But, I'd much prefer to give Callahan better, proven talent to work with. We'll see what the camp cuts offer, but Incognito should be on the radar. He reminds me of Bill Romanowski; not the best player, but a mean sonofa**** who people really don't want to go up against. If you ask me, we could use some of that.

Neither of us know to a certainty if he is or not.  I have seen enough to believe he is also racist. You don’t and clearly that’s up to you. But as I said already that keeps being missed, let’s just assume he is not.  He is still in your own words a head case POS.  So are we saying the line we draw is being a racist?  You can be a total POS in every other way and thats ok if he helps the team win?  

Sorry, I will never be there. That POS should not be any part of this teams plans, period.  

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/116749-now-or-never-year-joshua-garnett/

So, I have been a big a fan of Kalis and think he can work into the line-up. However, I was a big fan of Garrett and this article intrigues me. He lost some weight to play in the ZBS, so maybe he sticks with 49ers. If he doesn't, I'd trade a pick to get his rookie contract and give him a shot.

No matter what we do at LG, I want to see him and Trent in that set play we see occasionally, with both of them teeing off on hapless defenders downfield.  I know I am not the only one that loves those play(s).  How they hell do we have 2 OL running free down field!  What are those plays called? 

Zig zag pancakes screen left break

MOAR!

14 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Maybe because Ryan Grant is so slow, so it's easy for OL to get ahead of him :P

jk....good play for almost everyone involved

Tre' errr Lauvao whiffed on his block but if he and trent weren't looking at double teaming a lowly corner, maybe he would have had an easier time finding someone to block. He got turned about looking to cut off the backside with (somehow) no one in front of him. Great play design.

I think it was 3 years ago, we saw that same play design a few times early to start the season. IIRC then SL got injured and for whatever reason, that play got largely shelved. It's one of my favorite plays we run, because we get to see Trent mauling at max dominance. Trent is a badass but not a traditional mauler, he is close to the ultimate finesse LT out there. These plays get the most out of him.

14 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Tre' errr Lauvao whiffed on his block but if he and trent weren't looking at double teaming a lowly corner, maybe he would have had an easier time finding someone to block. He got turned about looking to cut off the backside with (somehow) no one in front of him. Great play design.

I think it was 3 years ago, we saw that same play design a few times early to start the season. IIRC then SL got injured and for whatever reason, that play got largely shelved. It's one of my favorite plays we run, because we get to see Trent mauling at max dominance. Trent is a badass but not a traditional mauler, he is close to the ultimate finesse LT out there. These plays get the most out of him.

Lauvao whiffed is an understatement lol.  He had 3 guys in front of him and didnt get a hand any on any of them.... lol 

I do like that play, I just wish Lauvao would have been looking DOWN FIELD and trying to attack. 

42 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Lauvao whiffed is an understatement lol.  He had 3 guys in front of him and didnt get a hand any on any of them.... lol 

I do like that play, I just wish Lauvao would have been looking DOWN FIELD and trying to attack. 

When SL was at the 30, who was ahead of him? Ahh you mean once he turned.

The only fault I can find is that he got caught flat footed.  The play may be for him to cut off the backside but when he got to his spot and turned, pursuit was at full speed. These 300 guys cant turn back and maintain their mo!

Maybe he needed to turn sooner. Or was stunned there was no one downfield to block, so turned.

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

When SL was at the 30, who was ahead of him? Ahh you mean once he turned.

The only fault I can find is that he got caught flat footed.  But the play may be for him to cut off the backside but when he got to his spot and turned, pursuit was at full speed.

VERY possible.  It does look like he was keyed on 23 but saw 53 flash and tried to beat him to the point but got blown by.  If he attacks 23 and even knocks him off his angle, 53 still looks like he's gonna run Grant down (good lord that dude is fast) but i'm just nitpicking.  

7 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

VERY possible.  It does look like he was keyed on 23 but saw 53 flash and tried to beat him to the point but got blown by.  If he attacks 23 and even knocks him off his angle, 53 still looks like he's gonna run Grant down (good lord that dude is fast) but i'm just nitpicking.  

I was going to say the same thing but you beat me to it. 53 was hauling ass!  I'd guess he had blown his assignment on Grant or in the flat.  

Looking at our roster, I don't see much competition for Lauvao.  Every year we want an upgrade and every year no one can beat him out. I do think Alex Smith is going make to all our OL look better by being strong in the pocket.

Archived