Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYP: Troubling details emerge about Toronto attack suspect’s private life (Incel Thread)

China

Troubling details emerge about Toronto attack suspect’s private life

The man who mowed down two dozen Toronto pedestrians after proclaiming his allegiance to a misogynistic killer mostly struck women, police revealed Tuesday.

Alek Minassian’s victims — 10 of whom died — were “predominantly female,’’ according to Toronto police Sgt. Graham Gibson.

Still, authorities aren’t sure that the socially awkward killer, 25, who was charged with 10 counts of first-degree murder Tuesday, intentionally targeted women as he mowed his rented white van along a crowded sidewalk Monday afternoon.

But part of their investigation into Minassian’s motive is focused on a “cryptic” Facebook post that he wrote shortly before the massacre, in which he identified himself as part of the “Incel Rebellion.”

“Incel” — short for “involuntarily celibate” — gained popularity in some strange corners of the internet following the rampage of infamous mass murderer Elliot Rodger, who killed six and wounded 13 in a 2014 shooting and stabbing spree near the University of California, Santa Barbara.

Rodger’s spree, which ended when he took his own life, was fueled by a lifetime hatred of women for rejecting him romantically.

“We will overthrow all the Chads and Stacys,” Minassian proclaimed in his Facebook rant, using pejorative slang for men and women who follow social norms and lead active sex lives.

“All hail the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!” Minassian added.

The accused killer showed little emotion during his brief court appearance.

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China

He was an incel.  If you want to find someone who is distached from reality, look up some incel forums.  They have their own vocabulary.

I imagine them as all ugly, overweight white guys who make barely enough money to get by.

They blame women for their lack of success and believe that they are somehow super intelligent.

See also: “Neckbeards” and “nice guys”

Oh, and a “Chad” is apparently a normal dude who has no problem getting laid.  A “Stacy” is a normal woman who is sexually active, just not with some incel.

...I’ve spent too much time on reddit.

and another thing.  My guess is that 90% of these incels are also hard right republicans.

Edited by Springfield

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

When they thought it was some brown terrorist, the right wing media machine went into over drive.

When it turns out he was an Alt-Right prototype, they are ghost.

You'll probably never hear him bring it up ever again

• Like 2

After Toronto attack, online misogynists praise suspect as 'new saint'

Before allegedly killing 10 people with a van in Toronto, Alek Minassian appeared to have posted a message on Facebook that linked him to a toxic online community of misogynists that has become the source of a growing pattern of violence.

The Facebook post, which authorities who spoke with NBC News believe came from Minassian, links Minassian to an online community known as “incels,” short for involuntary celibates. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation also reported that Facebook confirmed the authenticity of the post.

Self-described incels congregate mostly online, meeting in forums and message boards like Reddit and 4chan, and its offshoot site 8chan, to discuss their hopelessness with women in posts that are peppered with racist and misogynistic rants. “Chads” are incel-speak for good-looking men, who incels believe can’t be one of them. “Stacys” are the women who find “Chads” attractive.

The Facebook message also refers admiringly to Elliot Rodger, who killed six people in Isla Vista, California, in 2014, and left behind a manifesto and videos detailing his sexual frustration as the motivation for his violence.

Rodger has since emerged as a source of inspiration among the incel community.

“Private (Recruit) Minassian Infantry 00010, wishing to speak to Sgt 4chan please. C23249161. The Incel Rebellion has already begun! We will overthrow all the Chads and Stacys! All hail the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!” Minassian allegedly posted.

Minassian’s post spread quickly among the incel community, many of whom rushed to embrace him.

“I hope this guy wrote a manifesto because he could be our next new saint,” one poster wrote on incel.me, a forum where incels congregate.

While some posters questioned whether Minassian, 25, was a “fakecel” — the term for someone whose average looks disqualifies him from community membership — most hailed him as a hero of the movement.

“Spread that name, speak of his sacrifice for our cause, worship him for he gave his life for our future,” one poster wrote.

Click on the link for the full article

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This is a group of people that is possible only because of the internet.

Man, this may seem weird even saying this since I'm 29, but back in my day, we just called these people "losers".  Now they all finding each other and in urban dictionary.  For better or worse, its easier then ever to find people with a like mindset to your own now.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Man, this may seem weird even saying this since I'm 29, but back in my day, we just called these people "losers".  Now they all finding each other and in urban dictionary.  For better or worse, its easier then ever to find people with a like mindset to your own now.

Agreed.  

People like this have community, which is a shame.  It's easier for them to grow their little group and attract people who can remain anonymous but cultivate their feelings and beliefs.

Kinda like Redskins fans, actually.  

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I think we had one of these incel fellas posting on here recently.

No way homeboy was getting laid.

"I don't believe in the G Spot or Male Orgasm.  That's just a fairy tail the government invented to convince people sex was fun. Open your minds, people!!!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

This was posted on FB, I think from a forum (not here!) account. This is using women as an object of entertainment, however, how long before someone with this mindset escalates into actual sexual assault, and then to keep from getting discovered, kill their victim.

FB_IMG_1524745543268.jpg

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Even more disturbing. Thanks for that. We now live in a world where people live out the part of a horror film villain and are proud of it on Facebook.

I just wish his name wasn't blacked out. Let me catch him doing that to my wife or daughter (or any woman really). He'd have even a harder time getting girls after I was done.

Edited by Zguy28
  • Like 1