Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

34 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Is our receiving situation desperate enough to bring back Paul Richardson ?

Or even Brian Quick  😛

I just dont see the benefit to bringin in ANY vet guy.  Every dollar we spend now is less that we can carry over into next season, and it's also an occupied roster spot.  I'd rather go 5 WRs (McLaurin, Sims, Inman, Gandy-Golden, -insert 5th guy here between Cam Sims and Isaiah Wright for ST-), and 5 RBs than add a vet guy who likely is not 'the difference' when it comes to our offense.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I just dont see the benefit to bringin in ANY vet guy.  Every dollar we spend now is less that we can carry over into next season, and it's also an occupied roster spot.  I'd rather go 5 WRs (McLaurin, Sims, Inman, Gandy-Golden, -insert 5th guy here between Cam Sims and Isaiah Wright for ST-), and 5 RBs than add a vet guy who likely is not 'the difference' when it comes to our offense.  

Who is Inman? Where's he from? I don't think I've ever heard his name before yesterday.

13 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Who is Inman? Where's he from? I don't think I've ever heard his name before yesterday.

He's basically a journeyman WR who we signed a few weeks ago.

In my opinion, we signed him to replace Latimer.

He may not be anything spectacular, but he brings a veteran aspect to the WR room, that we both need and lack, especially with the loss of Latimer.

He has some things in common with Latimer, but I think he's actually an upgrade over Latimer. He's also been having such a good camp, that he may have vaulted into a starting position. Again, his experience, while it may be the journeyman type, is helpful in a room full of 1st and 2nd year guys.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He may not be anything spectacular, but he brings a veteran aspect to the WR room, that we both need and lack, especially with the loss of Latimer.

He has some things in common with Latimer, but I think he's actually an upgrade over Latimer. He's also been having such a good camp, that he may have vaulted into a starting position. Again, his experience, while it may be the journeyman type, is helpful in a room full of 1st and 2nd round guys.

Thanks bro, thought I was taking crazy pills being the only one who didn't know him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

He has some things in common with Latimer, but I think he's actually an upgrade over Latimer. He's also been having such a good camp, that he may have vaulted into a starting position. Again, his experience, while it may be the journeyman type, is helpful in a room full of 1st and 2nd round guys.

Exactly.

At 6'3 205 he's a little longer than what we've got too.  He's only ever played 16 games in 1 season of his 6 year career, but almost always averages over 10 yards per reception.  He ran ~4.5 coming out of college (last time he was really recorded) so he's not really a burner.... he just seems to not be able to catch on.    

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 11:24 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

McLaurin is probably the one player we can least afford to have injured this year.

If McLaurin goes down for an extended period of time, this season is finished. The offense won't be able to keep up with anyone, without him.

Probably bad enough to be in the Lawrence or Sewell sweepstakes

I know who I’d take with zero hesitation in that scenario...

Sure our wide receiver group is fairly unproven but I’m fairly optimistic especially if AGG comes of age. I predicted Sims would be our best option at the slot when we first signed him as a undrafted rookie. I think AGG will finally be our possession receiver who can actually win the one on one battles. If God forbid TMac gets hurt I think AG moves full time to wide receiver. 

And don’t forget about LT. Guys still learning but think he can make an impact. 

5 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Sure our wide receiver group is fairly unproven but I’m fairly optimistic especially if AGG comes of age. I predicted Sims would be our best option at the slot when we first signed him as a undrafted rookie. I think AGG will finally be our possession receiver who can actually win the one on one battles. If God forbid TMac gets hurt I think AG moves full time to wide receiver. 

And don’t forget about LT. Guys still learning but think he can make an impact. 

McLaurin was not the norm as a rookie.  Neither was Sims Jr for that matter.  Usually it takes a few seasons to breakout in the NFL at WR.  I would think minor production out of AGG wouldn't mean much.  Look to Inman for possessions and filling the role Harmin did last season.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

In today’s NFL rookie wideouts can develop quick. TMac is not an exception. Look all over the NFL there were plenty of receivers who made an impact their first year! Look at KC and San Fran as just an example. Ever heard of a guy named AJ Brown.  Heck even DK Metcalf who people said wasnt NFL ready came in and played very well. 

The days of a receiver needing 3 years to develop are a thing of the past. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, skinsfan93 said:

In today’s NFL rookie wideouts can develop quick. TMac is not an exception. Look all over the NFL there were plenty of receivers who made an impact their first year! Look at KC and San Fran as just an example. Ever heard of a guy named AJ Brown.  Heck even DK Metcalf who people said wasnt NFL ready came in and played very well. 

The days of a receiver needing 3 years to develop are a thing of the past. 

For the most part good players at any position succeed right away. Or at the very least, show flashes of being impact players.