Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

I think the WR corp is fine moving  into 2020. 

This team can add vets when they know what they have for certain at each slot. 

The QB will benefit from real NFL coaching that wasn't there last year.  The WR have already proven they can play. 

If there is a place where it is obvious there's an issue it's at TE.  They will need to get creative to overcome that deficiency. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Anything. I'm not sure about him not being right unless he is with a football team, evidenced by all of his issues while he's been on football teams. I also do not trust to him to respect his teammates,  or his QB who is basically a kid.

Nope. Not here. Not for a can of spam and some paper clips. Our team being dragged through the mud (again) and our new, respected coaches authority/character under fire (again) is not worth the few weeks he'd spend him catching TD's (maybe) before he lost it again.

All fair.

I want to clarify that I don't think he can get right without one of these billion dollar franchises in his corner, not that he's been right on any team last couple seasons.

This dude is lost, the case to pass is stronger then case to try.  I would still give him one last shot and if it goes south, cut him quick.

He won't be in a position of power and we'll have all the leverage.  Think it's only matter of time his name runs across the bottom ticker on ESPN as dead, so I get not even wanting to bother.

Last chance. He needs help and we need help.

Telling it like it is; If DH take the next step so will our young WR's. I have no doubt that T-Mac, Sims Jr, Latimer, AGG and the other kids will all be able to get open and catch the ball. Will there ever be a more anticipated pre-season than this years, especially if Bryce Love, Reuben Foster are ready to roll?

• Like 2

AB is a HoF talent, but I don't think he can hold down a job any more.  He is probably suffering from some kind of traumatic brain injury because his personality dramatically changed after that Vontaze Burfict cheap shot.  His erratic and aggressive and destructive behavior is reminiscent of vets with PTSD who suffered brain injuries in combat.  It's sad to see.

We shouldn't sign him.  He needs treatment and therapy or something other than football, where he is likely to reinjure his brain.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

AB is a HoF talent, but I don't think he can hold down a job any more.  He is probably suffering from some kind of traumatic brain injury because his personality dramatically changed after that Vontaze Burfict cheap shot.  His erratic and aggressive and destructive behavior is reminiscent of vets with PTSD who suffered brain injuries in combat.  It's sad to see.

We shouldn't sign him.  He needs treatment and therapy or something other than football, where he is likely to reinjure his brain.

I just watched the hit, wow!  Burfict was headhunting.  Dirty play imo.

On 6/19/2020 at 8:37 PM, Riggo#44 said:

Those thinking we don't have weapons on offense aren't paying attention. We have unproven weapons, not untalented. A big difference.

I agree, and if DH steps up it's all gonna show. Tell me which set of skill players you'd rather have moving forward:

Eagles: Wentz, Miles Sanders, Marquise Goodwin, DeSean Jackson, Zach Ertz, Dallas Goedert, Jaelen Reagor (rookie WR), Alshon Jeffrey (injured, unlikely to start season)

Skins: Haskins, Guice, AP, Bryce Love, McKissic, T-Mac, Sims Jr, Gandy-Golden (rookie), Gibson (rookie), Harmon, Moss (rookie).

Most of the Skins talent is unproven but they are younger and more expolosive than what the Eagles have...Add in that Wentz can't stay healthy for a full season and it gets even closer. 

Coach em up and draw up the plays, I expect a win in week one vs. the Beagles. 

• Like 1

The one thing people seem to underestimate is our defense.  We will be so much better this season, given Del Rio's philosophy.  No more weak ass soft coverages.  We're coming after you. And Chase Young, the man's gonna eat.  

20 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

The one thing people seem to underestimate is our defense.  We will be so much better this season, given Del Rio's philosophy.  No more weak ass soft coverages.  We're coming after you. And Chase Young, the man's gonna eat.  

No question about it and the returning players are gonna play with a new purpose, some hope and drive. I expect Allen, Ion and Payne to dominate with the edge rushers we have now. 

On 6/19/2020 at 8:37 PM, Riggo#44 said:

Those thinking we don't have weapons on offense aren't paying attention. We have unproven weapons, not untalented. A big difference.

Yeah I said the same thing a while back in regards to a story posted that ranked our WR corps being one of the worst (if not the worst, can't remember off the top of my head) in the NFL this season. I disagreed, but I'd agree that they're one of the most unknown. It's an extremely young group with one guy that is likely on his way to being an elite NFL WR in McLaurin, and others like Sims who showed flashes of really good play. Hopefully we'll get at least one good receiver out of Antonio Gibson or AGG. If that happens and Sims or Harmon continued to improve we could go from way down low to closer to the top.

Even in a situation where McLaurin ends up being a top 3 WR and the other guys just end up being "ok" we'd still be in a pretty decent position because not many teams have that true top tier #1 WR who can beat you with speed, route running, and contested ball abilities and that a defense has to account for on every play. 

Other then when we had Garcon and DJax, our WRs are nothing but hope and potential. McLaurin looks to be legit which is awesome. Sims should be good if he starts catching more passes that head his way and he's electric with the ball. Other than that we have nothing at WR or TE. 

That said I really like our WRs and think one of our TEs will step up. I like Harmon as a chain mover and a blocker. I like Sims as a slot. I think our offense will be really good this season, but of course we're rated as the worst. Outside of a great rookie year for one player, we have nobody.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Other then when we had Garcon and DJax, our WRs are nothing but hope and potential. McLaurin looks to be legit which is awesome. Sims should be good if he starts catching more passes that head his way and he's electric with the ball. Other than that we have nothing at WR or TE. 

That said I really like our WRs and think one of our TEs will step up. I like Harmon as a chain mover and a blocker. I like Sims as a slot. I think our offense will be really good this season, but of course we're rated as the worst. Outside of a great rookie year for one player, we have nobody.

If McLaurin is a top 10 receiver and Sims is a legit number two, we won’t be flush with talent, but should be ok. 

I’d love to see an influx of offensive talent however. If we could put up some points, it would help our defense enormously. Imagine our DL playing in Kansas City with Mahommes. You know the other team has to pass to keep up and you can just pin your ears back. 

38 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Give me McLaurin, Harmon, Sims, Gibson, and AGG over the Giants receivers (TE not included)

53 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

If McLaurin is a top 10 receiver and Sims is a legit number two, we won’t be flush with talent, but should be ok. 

I’d love to see an influx of offensive talent however. If we could put up some points, it would help our defense enormously. Imagine our DL playing in Kansas City with Mahommes. You know the other team has to pass to keep up and you can just pin your ears back. 

I think our offense is going to be nasty. I love what I saw from Turner at the end of the year, Haskins too. I think we have enough moving pieces on the offense to really play around and keep opposing defenses on their heels. At least to start the season, until Haskins can get comfortable and start leading the team. 

41 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Give me McLaurin, Harmon, Sims, Gibson, and AGG over the Giants receivers (TE not included)

I'll admit I don't really know who they have, but we're both still bottom dwellers as far as proven talent.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think our offense is going to be nasty. I love what I saw from Turner at the end of the year, Haskins too. I think we have enough moving pieces on the offense to really play around and keep opposing defenses on their heels. At least to start the season, until Haskins can get comfortable and start leading the team. 

I'll admit I don't really know who they have, but we're both still bottom dwellers as far as proven talent.

Slayton is solid, but not as good as McLaurin, Sterling Shepherd was decent--but only averaged 10.7 YPC, and Golden Tate, and then...Shepherd is also 27

Edited by Riggo#44

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Slayton is solid, but not as good as McLaurin, Sterling Shepherd was decent--but only averaged 10.7 YPC, and Golden Tate, and then...Shepherd is also 27

27 is a great age for a WR. I can see an argument for that being a better top 3.

13 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

27 is a great age for a WR. I can see an argument for that being a better top 3.

He's 27, how much more is he going to improve? He's never cracked 900 yards in 4 years (yes, better than anyone other than Mclaurin on our staff, but I'm banking on our potential). By the end of the year, I think I'll take our receivers. They don't have anyone like McLaurin, they don't have a target like AGG, I think Sims can easily surpass both Tate and Shepherd.

That, and **** the Giants. 

• Haha 1

In a vacuum, we have a good group.  But compared to other teams across the league, there's no doubt that our weapons are below average.

It's easy for the excitement over our youth and potential at WR to turn us into being complete homers.  But until we're proven, it's just hope at this point.  Even Sims has to fix his issue with drops before we can feel comfortable calling him some stud slot WR.  

I don't think we are going to have the Chiefs offense or anything--but I think the combination of a good staff, with a lot of young, talented players is easy to root for. Would you take any of the other NFC East staffs over ours right now?

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 2:24 PM, Riggo#44 said:

I don't think we are going to have the Chiefs offense or anything--but I think the combination of a good staff, with a lot of young, talented players is easy to root for. Would you take any of the other NFC East staffs over ours right now?

Not a chance in hell... Giants HC is an unproven ST coach (they're hoping for another John Harbaugh), Mike McCarthy doesn't scare me without Aaron Rodgers - Dak is decent, but he's no Aaron Rodgers and their line took a major step back this offseason, and the Eagles are the perennial "Could Be" team, kinda like the Browns.  Their draft sure didn't inspire confidence. Doug Pederson caught lightning in a bottle two  years ago - I don't see it happening again.  

• Like 1