Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

7 minutes ago, dyst said:

...and thats the last we’ll probably hear for Harmon. I liked his toughness too.

I think he sticks around.  He can definitely play a valuable role with his size and blocking ability.  It's definitely a bummer for him to not have his sophomore season to grow as a wr, but I think he will still be an asset for us in the future.

13 minutes ago, dyst said:

...and thats the last we’ll probably hear for Harmon. I liked his toughness too.

Really? You actually think he won’t even have a chance to play on the team in 2021? He’s young and if he comes back healthy he can help the team. He’ll be back 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It wasn’t. Didn’t you see the follow up tweets? It’s about Santos and Mann being fired for non-football reasons 

I know.  I'm just being hopeful they don't have all the info.  They said buckle up yesterday and it went down like this years Free Agency.  I just want good news not followed up by bad for once.

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Apparently the injury happened a month ago, and it was kept private until today. 

why does info like that get kept private for about a month before being released though? Same thing happened with Emmanuel Hall, tore his ACL in May, wasn’t reported until June

Because there are no reporters on the scene anywhere. It was probably quite easy.

This is a huge blow. We have very little depth at WR and the cupboard is bare at TE. Harmon was most likely our starting WR opposite McLaurin and clearly had great chemistry with the other 2nd year wideouts. Haskins actually said he had the best chemistry with Harmon out of all of them going back to knowing each other from high school. He’s no stud but I think can be a solid possession guy and great blocker, was our starter and now done. 

We’ve seen enough to know trey Quinn doesn’t belong so that leaves McLaurin and Sims with a bunch of backup scrubs and all of us praying AGG can translate well...and quickly, with a jacked up offseason 😕

Really? You actually think he won’t even have a chance to play on the team in 2021? He’s young and if he comes back healthy he can help the team. He’ll be back 

At first I thought I read achilles, so felt he was done for. Since it's an ACL, I agree, I think he can be back. He wasn't a speedster anyways so it shouldn't hurt him too much. Or so I hope.

Apparently the injury happened a month ago, and it was kept private until today. 

why does info like that get kept private for about a month before being released though? Same thing happened with Emmanuel Hall, tore his ACL in May, wasn’t reported until June

interestingly there was a picture of him with the other receivers and Haskins about a week ago in the Haskins thread. Could have been an old pic though, or the injury was being covered....

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

One word......COVID

Welp....looks like AG or AGG is going to have to step it up. I still think the Redskins are looking for a vet presence to play opposite McLaurin. Just don't think they'll have time as it stands. Not to mention, if the season is cut short, you've a got a vet on a one year contract getting paid a full season after the first game played (I think). Additionally, things are not in place with the PA right now, so player movement might be sparse. Hey, why not pick Reed back up? I mean the curse is lifted ain't it?

30 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

This is one reason why it wouldn't have been a good idea for a knee-jerk release of Latimer.

Latimer has, what, 6 career receptions? J/k. I just looked it up. He’s a 6 year veteran and in his best season had 24 receptions. That’s 1.5 per game. 

Totally didn’t matter if we cut him or not. He’s a depth player. If you expect him to be your #2 or #3 receiver, then you’ll be disappointed.  He’s the perfect guy to cut to send a message about decision making and character. 

Only sub 4.4 speed allowed or twitch guys allowed to replace Harmon. Make it happen FO.

Make the game easier on Haskins with dudes who can get to 15-25 yards of depth in a blink, stretching out coverages vertically and horizontally, opening the quick passing game and dump offs. 

Maximize this cannon of an arm during his rookie deal. 

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Latimer has, what, 6 career receptions? J/k. I just looked it up. He’s a 6 year veteran and in his best season had 24 receptions. That’s 1.5 per game. 

Totally didn’t matter if we cut him or not. He’s a depth player. If you expect him to be your #2 or #3 receiver, then you’ll be disappointed.  He’s the perfect guy to cut to send a message about decision making and character. 

Maybe he's here for a veteran presence, which by itself is worth something ; and also cannot be measured by receptions. If you stop and count the year(s) of NFL experience of each of the remaining receivers on our roster, none of them have even played a full 2 years. And then there's also the Special Teams factor.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository