Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So if you look at the latest report regarding Latimer, it may not be such a sure thing that he's a goner.

Do you have a link to an article or something? I did a quick search and nothing comes up. WHat are you hearing and from where? 

4 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Do you have a link to an article or something? I did a quick search and nothing comes up. WHat are you hearing and from where? 

Allegedly, the beef started after Latimer's 4 year old was sexually assaulted, sometime around the card game.

It's a pretty tangled story with some important details missing, so it's hard to pinpoint much evidence for certain.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29191363/cody-lar-arrest-came-poker-game-argument-police-report-says?platform=amp

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's relevant because Latimer is a receiver, and this is a receiver thread.

Whatever is going on with Latimer, including whether he may or may not be cut, is connected to the receiver room.

I don't see how the 2 can be separated.

By keeping the specific commentary about his situation in that thread and linking to that thread when necessary if someone stumbles into a larger conversation here with a specific question about it. That's just my opinion, the same info and conversation doesn't need to be posted in two threads simultaneously imo. Latimer chatter comprised roughly 2% of this thread's discussion before this all happened, it's safe to leave the non-football part of it in the other thread imo. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

On 5/18/2020 at 1:11 PM, bakedtater1 said:

I wanna ask who's our big body guy that can get up and get that ball..and I keep going back to Mclaurin tho he's not the big body type but he sure plays like one.

On 5/18/2020 at 6:21 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

AGG for sure, if he develops well and gains some chemistry with Haskins.

Even though he may not physically be big-bodied, Harmon "plays bigger" than he actually is, and I think he can fill that role, at least part of the time.

It's not always about height. He can make those contested catches, has great hands, and is not afraid to battle it out with defenders in tight spaces.

I've seen him reach high and make "true" one-handed catches, with literally no assistance from his 2nd hand, as a pro.

I have confidence in him sucking that ball in, when he's sandwiched by defenders.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Even though he may not physically be big-bodied, Harmon "plays bigger" than he actually is, and I think he can fill that role, at least part of the time.

It's not always about height. He can make those contested catches, has great hands, and is not afraid to battle it out with defenders in tight spaces.

I've seen him reach high and make "true" one-handed catches, with literally no assistance from his 2nd hand, as a pro.

I have confidence in him sucking that ball in, when he's sandwiched by defenders.

For sure...curious to what agg can do as well...qarcon was a tough sob here..with Mclaurin and Harmon I'm beginning to forget about qarcon...I know qarcon wasn't a big body person but he played physical and fought his ass off for the ball..so does harmon and Mclaurin 

• Like 1

I'd just like to see Harmon get in the end zone more.

He had zero TD's last year, compared to 5 by our UDFA Rookie, who had 4 Receiving, and 1 KR, for TD's.

But he'll get every chance to fully develop though.

And I could easily see him as a chain-mover, as opposed to a scoring machine.

And that's fine too. Somebody has to get the 1st downs, before you get the TD

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

On 5/19/2020 at 8:42 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Chris Chambers is a guy that comes to mind.  I always felt like he was 6'3ish, but I'm not sure he was even  6 feet. Just had that "above the rim" sort of playstyle that made him play bigger than he was.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

Here’s my guess on the depth chart on skilled players at least for right now. 

RB - AP, Barber, JD, Guice or Love

TE - Logan, Rodgers, Sprinkle or Moss

WR - Tmac, Sims, Harmon, AGG, Gibson, Latimer or someone who impresses in camp

No way Ron cuts AP, wouldn’t go over well in the locker room.  Peyton isn’t flashy but he’s reliable and stays healthy and Ron had many backs like that in Carolina, JD is our 3rd down back. As much as I love Guice him and Love will need to show something.  I don’t think we carry 5 backs. Neither guy was drafted by this staff. They have no loyalty to him. 

Logan will be our receiving TE and Rodgers is our blocking TE. Sprinkle needs to step it up and Moss is still an undrafted rookie. I’m rooting for him but it’s a long climb. 

Tmac and Sims are locks.  Harmon needs to step up in his 2nd year. I don’t think Haskins trust him.  Prior to his arrest I thought Latimer was gonna start for Harmon. Now I’m not sure. If AGG impresses then Latimer is out. I think AGG has the ability to cut into Harmons time. He’s that tall guy we need in the lineup. Remember Ron had Funchess and Benjamin. To me Gibson is our jack knife player. Plays in the slot, comes out of the backfield, run reverses, etc.  However like AGG, he’s a rookie so who knows how much either can really contribute this year especially with no training camp. 

On 5/19/2020 at 9:10 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

If I were to do a depth chart, instead of separating RB's and WR's, I would combine them all in one group, into the RB/WR group, due to crossover.

Instead of saying, "Well I think we keep 6 WR's and 4 RB's", instead I will say "We are going to keep 10 RB/WR's's"

Or... 4 RBs, 5 WRs, 1 Weapon. 

• Like 2

On 5/25/2020 at 1:58 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

I’m gonna toot my own horn on Sims. If you look at a post I made after we signed him as an undrafted free agent and while everyone was so high on Trey Quinn, I said Sims would be the ideal slot receiver. I thought he had that certain twitch that position requires. With his continued development and drafting of Gibson, I just don’t see how Quinn makes the team. 

Here is my post back from May 17th 2019. 

Why is everyone assuming Trey Quinn is our starter at the slot? He was a 7th round pick and did very little last year when not hurt. I’m rooting for him because he might turn out to be our Edelman but he’s closer to being on the streets than a starting wide receiver on an NFL team. I actually like that Steven Sims to be a better option as a slot based on his quickness and sudden movement. I believe his 40 was not good which is why he went undrafted. 

I think what’s more likely is either Richardson or McLaurin plays the slot with the other as our z receiver. Sims Harmon Quick and whoever else are high on potential but haven’t shown anything yet. Our wideout group will depend on their development. I’m crossing my fingers that one or two of them steps up this year. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2020 at 6:34 PM, dyst said:

Trey Quinn played 3 games and had 9 catches his rookie year. Let that sink in and you’ll be flabbergasted as to why so much hope was put on him smh. Just ****ing crazy really.

Fans lost their ****ing minds when the Saints signed Simmie Cobbs off our practice squad, and he was undrafted and never caught a single pass for the Skins. Or for the Saints, either, it turns out. He tried out for the XFL but got cut before the season started, then finally got an actual roster spot on another XFL team...where he proceeded to catch one pass. Quinn's 35 catches and 2 TDs over that same timespan is practically HOF-worthy by comparison lol...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Fans lost their ****ing minds when the Saints signed Simmie Cobbs off our practice squad, and he was undrafted and never caught a single pass for the Skins. Or for the Saints, either, it turns out. He tried out for the XFL but got cut before the season started, then finally got an actual roster spot on another XFL team...where he proceeded to catch one pass. Quinn's 35 catches and 2 TDs over that same timespan is practically HOF-worthy by comparison lol...

All this time, Cam Sims was supposed to be HOF bound, but once again, he also was left in the dust, by the Mighty Quinn

On 5/26/2020 at 9:34 PM, dyst said:

Trey Quinn played 3 games and had 9 catches his rookie year. Let that sink in and you’ll be flabbergasted as to why so much hope was put on him smh. Just ****ing crazy really.

Well it's not like the coaching staff giving effusive praise about Quinn had anything to do with it.

1 hour ago, Rex Tomb said:

Well it's not like the coaching staff giving effusive praise about Quinn had anything to do with it.

Absolutely that contributed. Just surprised fans jump on the hype for a guy who barely played and even then, was barely making any plays.

3 hours ago, dyst said:

Absolutely that contributed. Just surprised fans jump on the hype for a guy who barely played and even then, was barely making any plays.

Well we're always on the hunt for that diamond in the rough, that Mr. Irrelevant turned all pro.  So, it's in our nature to jump on board when these coaching staff gushes about one of those late round prospects. I actually think he will be cut this year unless he absolutely balls out. He just doesn't contribute enough to the team. 

Edited by Rex Tomb