Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

1 hour ago, Sandy Monk said:

Could end up a blessing for the team, really. We'll see. I hope this opens the door wide for Mo Harris or even some other unproven WR. 

Harris has been invisible as well. First two games, I realize he was still dealing with the after effects of a concussion but the game vs. GB he should have shown some flashes.

40 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Harris has been invisible as well. First two games, I realize he was still dealing with the after effects of a concussion but the game vs. GB he should have shown some flashes.

Maybe. I'm not seeing any 2018 targets to him yet, unless not updated or I am looking in the wrong places. 

Looks like he had 9 total snaps last week. Anyone remember him being targeted? 

https://www.redskins.com/news/snap-counts-redskins-packers-week-3

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A healthy Mo Harris is probably the 8th or 9th guy in line for touches.

AP

CT

Reed

Crowder

Richardson

Davis

Doctson

Id like to see Mo get a few garcon type catches a game, move the sticks, go tough over the middle ... but hes pretty far down in the feeding totem pole imo. Probably a bad indication is hes taking 50+% of O snaps.

2 hours ago, bird_1972 said:

I guess you should have looked closer to the sideline, you would probably have seen Mo Harris in street clothes as he was inactive the first two games...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

Could end up a blessing for the team, really. We'll see. I hope this opens the door wide for Mo Harris or even some other unproven WR. 

Look, i’m as frustrated as anyone with Doctson, but imagine any other NFL team HOPING their 25 year old, 1st round drafted receiver gets hurt to open up more reps for....Mo Harris. Who are these other mystery unproven WRs you speak of? Because they sure as hell aren’t on our roster right now. 

I mean Jesus Christ this is why we don’t deserve nice things as a fan base.

52 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I guess you should have looked closer to the sideline, you would probably have seen Mo Harris in street clothes as he was inactive the first two games...

And i guess you missed the part where I mentioned that I realized he was still dealing with a concussion the first two games. The implication there is that I understand why he was in street clothes the first two games. It still doesn't explain what happened vs. Green Bay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It'sCampbellJasonCampbell said:

Look, i’m as frustrated as anyone with Doctson, but imagine any other NFL team HOPING their 25 year old, 1st round drafted receiver gets hurt to open up more reps for....Mo Harris. Who are these other mystery unproven WRs you speak of? Because they sure as hell aren’t on our roster right now. 

I mean Jesus Christ this is why we don’t deserve nice things as a fan base.

I'm looking at it like this. 

Mo Harris would have a cheap contract for 2 years (including his RFA). 

Doctson is affordable now, though 3 mil next year and then it would balloon greatly if talking 5th yr option of his deal.

So at this point? I'm looking at this as two guys available, and I don't care where they were drafted. Makes zero difference between them. One of them stood out, granted in the preseason.. the other continues to be underwhelming. 

So yeah, if nice things do not present themselves in one package.. could be time to open a different one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bird_1972 said:

And i guess you missed the part where I mentioned that I realized he was still dealing with a concussion the first two games. The implication there is that I understand why he was in street clothes the first two games. It still doesn't explain what happened vs. Green Bay.

Well he was inactive because he was labeled as injured and in concussion protocol. Not inactive because not good enough.

Then GB, well, he's WR #4. And was on the field for 9 snaps. Which is not much...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sandy Monk said:

So at this point? I'm looking at this as two guys available, and I don't care where they were drafted. Makes zero difference between them. One of them stood out, granted in the preseason.. the other continues to be underwhelming. 

Its not that I don’t understand your point, or where you’re coming from, it’s just that hoping a guy who’s inability to stay healthy has hampered his development goes on injured reserve seems...counterproductive to hoping for our success?

I hope Doctson’s value rises to the point of where we can’t afford him. At least that means he’s produced to some extent. Despite how bad Doctson has been, shouldn’t we trust our coaching staff that if he’s still playing over Mo Harris & the other unproven WRs that it’s because he might just be more talented?  

11 minutes ago, It'sCampbellJasonCampbell said:

Its not that I don’t understand your point, or where you’re coming from, it’s just that hoping a guy who’s inability to stay healthy has hampered his development goes on injured reserve seems...counterproductive to hoping for our success?

I'm not hoping for any such thing. Never said I hope Doc is broken. What I was saying is that if he does happen to be broken, I hope this will swing the door wide for a guy like MO to take opportunity in. I don't ever hope for players to be injured. I will try to find a silver lining in it happening though. 

11 minutes ago, It'sCampbellJasonCampbell said:

shouldn’t we trust our coaching staff

Of course.. but nothing wrong with having some preferences earlier to their decisions.

Edited by Sandy Monk
  • Like 1

Doctson is now a bust.  He's been suspect for many reason and now he's back with another 'loser's limp'.   He's taking reps away from other receivers at this point. His route running is horrible. He plays slow.  Does not draw double coverage and isn't a consideration in the game until they get to the redzone. 

• Like 1