Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

JOE Gotta Go...... To Canton, HOF

SWFLSkins

11 minutes ago, Paul Cumberland said:

IIRC, it was Larry Michael this year...   His Skinstangables obviously were not enough to sway the committee...

Actually, I talked with Larry about this back in Dallas this past season. Even then, he knew it was going to be tough to get him in. Though if both Jacoby & Bethard got in, he fully expected us to get the HOF game this year. 

3 minutes ago, TK said:

Actually, I talked with Larry about this back in Dallas this past season. Even then, he knew it was going to be tough to get him in. Though if both Jacoby & Bethard got in, he fully expected us to get the HOF game this year. 

Had heard the same rumor...  and even more recently it would have been against the Raiders as a Gruden Bowl matchup...  

As an aside, l hope Owens TO’s the **** out of the HOF. I hope he embarrasses the hell out of them, uses his status as an HOF’er in a way that only he can(cash-money), and just makes a complete mockery of the entire organization. It’s nothing less than they deserve. 

The HOF is nothing but a joke.

The players who deserve to get in, don't, and its the loudmouth ones, the ones who stir up more controversy than playing skills, or the ones who are in the spotlight, are the ones who do get in.

Honestly, I'm surprised as hell that Beathard got in!

Dawkins. Yes, he was a good player, but how many SB Championships does he own? Did he change the game, so to speak? No. His claim to fame was coming out of the tunnel on all fours hopping around like a crackhead.

Don't even get me started on Terrell Owens. The epitome of loud mouth loser. Yes, a good WR, but wasn't HOF material.

Jerry Kramer? Of course the HOF has to put in as many Green Bay Packer players as possible. The entire 60's team is in there for pete's sake!! Not taking anything away from him, but the HOF is putting in 2 old timers when its usually 1, but hell, they needed a reason to keep out players who deserve it like Jacoby, Clark, even Mark Moseley!  In his time, he was the NFL MVP, set a record for most consecutive FGs, 2 SB appearances, and other accomplishments/ awards.

If you need any further proof, look back when Darrell Green was elected into the HOF. Yes, he deserved it outright; had he NOT made it, there would have been a huge uproar. But, in the background, was Art Monk. A sure-fire first ballot HOF man if there ever was one, yet because a couple guys on the HOF committee didn't like him, they kept voting him out, year after year, and it was the most unjust thing to do to a player of his caliber that I can remember.

Then, it was said, a comment by one of these 'haters' was something to the effect of ' oh hell, I'm tired of hearing about Monk, lets just get him in and get it over with '.  Is that any way for a committee member to act? Its flat out disgusting. To this day, I still hate the ground that those 2 assholes walk on and hope they get a bad case of malaria.

Sorry for venting so much, I try to understand the entire situation and base my opinions over it, but it does seem that there's some inside thing about keeping Redskin players out. The "Hogs" were the most dominating offensive line in football, and would easily walk over GBs o-line, and YES, they DID change the way football was played; other teams began signing larger players for their o-lines, so yes they did have an influence, a big one, on the NFL.

13 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Honestly, I'm surprised as hell that Beathard got in!

Beathard got in as a contributor inductee. I don't believe that is part of the straight-up voting, though I'm not sure.

Brazile and Kramer got in on senior ballots. Not part of the regular voting.

You look at all the other inductees. All players (who were great, no doubt), but many were controversial players that gave the sports media a lot to write about and all of them are loud mouth players who made a lot of noise in the media.

And that is who you have to be to get into the HoF these days. You have to be someone who draws a lot of attention to yourself or is a huge loudmouth in the media.

Players that work hard at having HoF careers, but are quiet (like Jacoby) are often ignored, or even being punished by the asshole sports writers for not being more of a media type.

Monk was a perfect example of that.

Undrafted and balled out. Pace and Boselli were #1s so should be up for a nom. Jake was undrated and signed to play DL and look at his career. NFL HOF is as bad as rock n roll HOF. 

Bull****.  Maybe the vet voters are over 25 so know Jake’s game. 

Beathard should make a huge portion of his speech about unearthing gems who turned out to be the best players in the league (which is what he was really good at with the glory year skins) and then make a dramatic point about how one of the best udfa and best offensive line players in NFL history was Joe Jacoby.

So another year passes and there is no Jacoby in the HOF. But I have a feeling that politics is playing more of a role in Joe not being inducted than anything else. I've said this many times......**** the HOF for giving these weasel ass reporters such power! I refuse to even watch that dog and pony bull**** (particular this year, knowing that Lewis is going to get up there and embarrass every person that's ever gone to school). 

For once, I agree with Steven Czaban (but probably with a few more cuss words) who tweeted this:

Joe Jacoby stiffed from Hall of Fame. Again. This committee of 48 un-elected, biased, buffet grazing, never played, know nothing, petty, grudge-holding, secret meeting members remains a disgrace to sports. Self-respecting members would have resigned long ago. Not these clowns.

I'm beginning to wonder if "the name" is playing a role in this? I mean times have changed, people are extremely sensitive and reporters love to keep that **** going. Hell, the Washington post regularly brings that **** up.

But here's the list of these 48 grude-holdin bamas thats been keepin' Joe out:

Pro Football Hall of Fame Selection Committee
Arizona Kent Somers, Arizona Republic
Atlanta Darryl Ledbetter, Atlanta Journal - Constitution
Baltimore Scott Garceau, WMAR-TV
Buffalo Vic Carucci, Buffalo News
Carolina Darin Gantt, ProFootballTalk
Chicago Dan Pompei, Bleacher Report*
Cincinnati Geoff Hobson, Bengals.com
Cleveland Tony Grossi, ESPNCleveland.com/WKNR Radio
Dallas Rick Gosselin, Dallas Morning News*#
Denver Jeff Legwold, ESPN/ESPN.com*
Detroit Dave Birkett, Detroit Free Press
Green Bay Pete Dougherty, Green Bay Press-Gazette
Houston John McClain, Houston Chronicle*
Indianapolis Mike Chappell, RTV6 - ABC Affiliate Indianapolis
Jacksonville Sam Kouvaris, WJXT-TV
Kansas City Terez Paylor, Kansas City Star
Los Angeles TBD
Miami Armando Salguero, Miami Herald
Minnesota Mark Craig, The Minneapolis Star-Tribune
New England Ron Borges, Boston Herald*
New Orleans Jeff Duncan, Times-Picayune
New York (Giants) Bob Glauber, Newsday
New York (Jets) Gary Myers, New York Daily News
Oakland Frank Cooney, The Sports Xchange*
Philadelphia Paul Domowitch, Philadelphia Daily News
Pittsburgh Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
San Diego Kevin Acee, San Diego Union Tribune
San Francisco Matt Maiocco, CSNBayArea.com
Seattle Mike Sando, ESPN.com
Tampa Bay Ira Kaufman, JoeBucsFan.com
Tennessee Paul Kuharsky, ESPN.com
Washington Larry Michael, Washing Redskins Broadcast Network
PFWA Mary Kay Cabot, The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer
At Large Howard Balzer, The Sports Xchange#
At Large Jarrett Bell, USA Today#
At Large John Clayton, ESPN#
At Large Jason Cole, BleacherReport.com
At Large John Czarnecki, FOXSports.com*
At Large Dan Fouts, CBS (Hall of Famer)
At Large Clark Judge, Talk of Fame Network and Yahoo Sports Radio#
At Large Peter King, Sports Illustrated#
At Large James Lofton, CBS Sports (Hall of Famer)
At Large Ira Miller, The Sports Xchange*
At Large Sal Paolantonio, ESPN#
At Large Vito Stellino, Florida Times Union
At Large Jim Trotter, ESPN#
At Large Charean Williams, Ft. Worth Star Telegram#
At Large Barry Wilner, Associated Press

Hold up......WTF, Larry!!! You need to tell the fans what the deal is!! Its probably one or a group of voters on this list that **** it for Joe every year. 

1 hour ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

They couldn't vote for Joe because they were too busy sucking up to murder accomplice and general human piece of trash Ray Lewis.

I wouldn't walk across the street to see Ray Lewis let alone drive to Canton Ohio 

What an absolute joke

has larry been the skins elective to give the sales pitch every year? I mean c'mon are you seriously telling me that with stats like that year after year he couldn't close the deal?! what a shame...on a side note, how long until people start ****ing about the lack of females on that media voting list

16 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It's Urlacher that irks me. He was a nice player, probably a HOFer. But did he need to be a first-ballot guy? No way. 

The fact that someone could be a voter and decide to bypass the best Hog in his final year so he could make sure Urlacher was a first-ballot Hall of Famer just proves how terrible those voters are.

It bothers me also that the committee thinks that every modern player needs to a first ballot HOFer. 

Just another thing the NFL has just done to turn me off from the league. 

Glad Beathard got in.

3 hours ago, RabidFan said:

Undrafted and balled out. Pace and Boselli were #1s so should be up for a nom. Jake was undrated and signed to play DL and look at his career. NFL HOF is as bad as rock n roll HOF. 

Bull****.  Maybe the vet voters are over 25 so know Jake’s game. 

Joe wasn't signed to be DL, Gibbs just thought he must have been a DL when he met him

isn't the seniors committee members of the Hall of Fame?  Maybe they'll correct it next year

2 hours ago, Killer Rob said:

has larry been the skins elective to give the sales pitch every year? 

No. David Elfin had the position for years but since he's no longer working/published media the slot came open & they voted Larry into it. 

Archived