Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sycophants of Smith (Merged & M.E.T.)

MahomesII

23 hours ago, Mannix said:

On another note I would be more bullish on Smith’s chances in DC if Reed were more reliable (health).  Has he always been so injury prone or was it just this year?  Your offensive line when healthy seems pretty good.  Is that assessment shared by skins fans

Reed has consistently been an injury question mark.

When healthy I'd say the Skins OL is top 5. Trent Williams is the best lineman (and possibly athlete) in the NFL, and Brandon Scherff will eat your facemask and arms. Don't mess with these guys.

9 hours ago, caldera said:

First of all, when Alex arrived we heard stories that the 49er board had to create a separate forum for Alex Smith fights. The same thing happened at the Chiefs board (they didn't create a seperate forum but the fights started to wreck every thread). Smith inspires a certain amount of people to be so deranged with hate that they never stop posting about how much they hate him, and he also inspires a smaller number of people to love him so much that they never stop defending him, even when it's indefensible. If you aren't careful the Alex Smith storm will consume everything else here so your mods should get a handle on it quickly. The haters can't help but make everything about him and his apologists can't stay away. 

LOL - we had RGIII versus Kirk. Comparing Alex Smith fights to RGIII/KC fights is like comparing junior high girls field hockey to the NFL. I think our mods (and members) will be good. :ols:

On 2/1/2018 at 1:51 AM, emaw1979 said:

LOS-9 yards

• Between hashes 84.8 rating
  • Right of hash 84.5 rating

10-19 yards

• Between the hashes 88.9 rating
  • Right of hash 79.9 rating

He is generally considered accurate on short throws and last years newly found deep pass was out of this world good. His weakness however is the intermediate throws, especially outside the hashes, because he doesn't have the arm strength to fire it in their unless the WR's are very wide open. Last season, he attempted only 4.7 intermediate throws per game. 

Thanks. Any stats on his Smith's red zone performance?  One of my frustrations about Cousins was in this area - particularly his inability to throw the fade which usually means the corners of the end zone (Flag and post routes) were off limits.  Thus, allowing the defense to focus on clogging the passing lanes in the middle of the end zone.

I think both QBs are fine between the 20's - with Cousins likely having the edge. But, it's TDs that win games not yards-per-game.

27 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

LOL - we had RGIII versus Kirk. Comparing Alex Smith fights to RGIII/KC fights is like comparing junior high girls field hockey to the NFL. I think our mods (and members) will be good. :ols:

People thought RG3 was going to be good? 

I have a question, Although i think you came here to answer everything negatively but ill ask anyway....

Thinking back to the first day of training camp or first snap of preseason in a chiefs uniform 5 years ago to his last pass against the Titans, Judging the 5 years as a WHOLE, Did #11 Meet your expectations? Exceed your expectations? Or completely let you down in every way possible?

Chiefs must have had some real stinkers at QB through the years , here is a list of Alex Smith's team records

• Most rushing yards by a quarterback, season: 498 (2015), previously: 431 (2013)
  • Most passing touchdowns, playoff game: 4 (2013–14 divisional playoffs vs Colts)
  • Most consecutive passes without an interception: 312 (Week 3–Week 14, 2015) 2nd all-time in NFL history
  • Most wins by a quarterback through first three seasons.
  • Highest passer rating, career (min. 500 attempts): 92.2
  • Highest completion percentage, career (min. 500 attempts): 64.5
  • Highest completion percentage, season (min. 200 attempts): 67.1 (2016)
  • Highest completion percentage, playoff game: 77.3 (vs Texans 2015–16 Wildcard Playoffs)
  • Lowest percentage passes had intercepted, career (min. 500 attempts): 1.5
  • Highest completion percentage In a game (minimum 20 passes) : 86.4 (Week 6 2016 vs Raiders

2 hours ago, Mannix said:

They had some problems running in a few games during their mid-season swoon but Hunt was the leading rusher in yards for the league.  

I noticed Hunt only went over 100 yards 2 times after week 5 and averaged 65.5 yards per game in those last 11 games.

Something was going on.

On 2/2/2018 at 10:10 AM, Mannix said:

They had some problems running in a few games during their mid-season swoon but Hunt was the leading rusher in yards for the league.  

Nah man, there run offense was below average for last 10 games or so. There offense as a whole was it seemed, but it appeared from afar defenses caught up to Reid’s scheme. 

Just curious to what a Chief fan would have to say as far as pieces of a percentage pie is concerned. 

These are WR who primarily line up outside (less than half of receptions from slot).

Average separation 2017 league rank

1 Wilson KC
2 Hill KC

3 Ginn NO
4 Benjamin LAC
5 Anderson NYJ

The Chiefs two outside WR ranked 1 and 2 in the NFL in average separation.  Smith had a 124.1 passer rating when targeting Wilson and Hill, and a 94.9 rating to the other Chiefs.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/receiving#average-separation

• TK changed the title to The Sycophants of Smith (Merged & M.E.T.)
On 2/2/2018 at 8:47 AM, JaxJoe said:

Thanks. Any stats on his Smith's red zone performance?  One of my frustrations about Cousins was in this area - particularly his inability to throw the fade which usually means the corners of the end zone (Flag and post routes) were off limits.  Thus, allowing the defense to focus on clogging the passing lanes in the middle of the end zone.

Smith completed 46.5% of his red zone passes, which ranked 31st among the 32 QB with the most red zone attempts.

Only 21 of the Chiefs' 50 red zone possessions ended in a touchdown (42.0%), which also ranked 31st in the NFL in 2017.

On 2/2/2018 at 9:24 AM, MassSkinsFan said:

Dude, that’s got nothing on the Jason Campbell/anyone else Agenda Boyz fights from back in the day. Scorched earth, I’m telling you.

On 1/31/2018 at 1:56 PM, dahibachi said:

This is a guy who has had two excellent offensive minded coaches in Harbaugh and Reid, he’s had amazing running games with guys like Frank Gore, Jamaal Charles and Kareem Hunt, he’s had guys like Travis Kelce, Vernon Davis (prime), Tyreek Hill, Michael Crabtree to throw to. Not to mention, both the niners and the chiefs have had top 10 defenses (except this past season). We don’t have any of this. And I don’t trust this FO to get any of this for Smith. 

Healthy Reed.. v Davis, c Thompson, Doctson and him will gel. Crowder and throw in Jarvis Landry..why not?

Remember the time the Chiefs played the Colts in Arrowhead in the playoffs and led 38-10 in the 3rd quarter and then proceeded to lose the game 45-44?

Guess who was the Chiefs QB that day? 

:rofl89:

And Redskins fans get on Kirk because of the way that Saints game ended after the refs blew a couple calls and Gruden called the dumbest run call I've seen in years.

That was still Kirk's fault for not "putting the team on his back".

:rofl89:

On 2/3/2018 at 4:23 PM, The Batman said:

Dude, that’s got nothing on the Jason Campbell/anyone else Agenda Boyz fights from back in the day. Scorched earth, I’m telling you.

I%20Like%20Billy.jpg

On 2/2/2018 at 9:52 AM, caldera said:

People thought RG3 was going to be good? 

Look at the 2012 highlights and you'll see why people thought he could change things. What a career: break multiple all-time records in your first year, then gradually fade into complete obscurity. I'd feel bad for him is he wasn't such a dick.

On 2/2/2018 at 8:57 AM, wit33 said:

The Chiefs were horrible running the football in more games than not this past year and the scheme became predictable in early down situations:

What was Alex Smith’s role in all this? 

He was a key part of it.  The Steelers played cover 2 and Smith couldnt get the ball over it.  Stack the box, and concede the deep part of the field and dare Alex to beat it.  He couldn't for a stretch because everyone copied the steelers game plan.  Once he started stretching the field a little more it kept defenses back and honest.  

Archived