Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins, Alex Smith

Burgold

I am now officially going to be following and rooting for AS11 and the Skins.

I was a 3rd Generation Die Hard Niners Fan,, the day they drafted Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers, I took a Will Clark Louisville Slugger and Smashed a brand new Sony Flat Screen, remember the 700 pound jobs that were around in 05'?  I HATED ALEX ****ING SMITH!!!.

I Watched his first 3 seasons and was violently angry the entire time, cursing the Niners all the way. Then his 5th season I watched an Eagles D.E. smash Smith into the ground and destroy his shoulder.  he kept playing. and dealing with a completely incompetent, dysfunctional Front office and bush league coaching hodgepodge.

After 7 O.C's and a carousel of Head Coaches Smith had to deal with and the toughness he endured throughout, I began respecting the hell out of him. Enter Harbaugh and Smith began to BALL OUT!  He beat Drew Brees in a Playoff Shootout and Beat the Giants in the 10' NFC Championship Game only to have Kyle "F__king" Williams fumble not 1, but 2 late game Punts to hand the G-Men the W en route to their S.B. W.

Then as he is leading the entire NFL in comp. %, he gets a concussion and is benched for Kippersnack. They promptly lose the S.B. to the Ravens. LOL.

Smith goes to K.C. and turns a 2-14 Team into perennial winners. Leads them to 4 Playoff appearances and won 3 Playoff games. 2 of them the Defense either gave the game to the opponent or the playcalling/game plan went to hell. Since 2010' AS11 is the 3-4 most winningest QB in the entire NFL. Dude, is a Mad Leader, Mad Baller, Supremely Intelligent, Athletic, Dude can scoot. He set records last year. Lead the entire NFL in QBR. and TD-INT Ratio. I am just beginning to perform recon on the status of your Skins team: O.L. R.B., Receivers etc.  Obviously many of you true fans have way more history and knowledge than I. That being said. I know these empirical facts: AS11 is a HUGE upgrade over cousins. AS11 is a True Leader and with the right supporting cast will Win Many more Games for the Skins. He wont turn the ball over. He was the best QB in the entire NFL last year with deep ball completion %.  He instills confidence in his teammates. He is SMART.

He is a Coach on the Field and will change the culture of the O'. He and Old School Vernon Davis #85 have rapport.   He is a Winner.

Why the hell the skins ditched their stud young C.B. I cannot attest to. Dumb as hell.

I cannot wait to watch.

G-

15 minutes ago, G-Love said:

I am now officially going to be following and rooting for AS11 and the Skins.

I was a 3rd Generation Die Hard Niners Fan,, the day they drafted Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers, I took a Will Clark Louisville Slugger and Smashed a brand new Sony Flat Screen, remember the 700 pound jobs that were around in 05'?  I HATED ALEX ****ING SMITH!!!.

As a 'Skins living in Northern, CA. I was witness to all this too.  I saw Alex Smith endure an incompetent team and front office for a long time. The defense was slowly built and he finally got a few pieces around him.  Frank Gore helped transform the running game, Vernon Davis in his prime (nuff said)....etc etc etc.....

Going to the Chiefs was Smith's biggest test.  At the time I remember the masses thinking the 49ers had cut dead weight in favor of their new golden boy Colin Kaepernick.  OOPS. 

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

As a 'Skins living in Northern, CA. I was witness to all this too.  I saw Alex Smith endure an incompetent team and front office for a long time

I think it was 6 offensive coordinators he had in San Fran, it was some ridiculous number like that.

18 minutes ago, Mahomes said:

At what point is it the student and not the teachers?

I don't know, what I do know is under 2 solid coaches Smith has consistently won games (Harbaugh and Reid), your problem is Andy Reid cant win big games, I don't think it matters who you get on your team.

I would have used Colt and tanked the season but I'm embracing change. :)

Now that we have Alex Smith, and plenty of cap space, I can't wait to see who we target in free agency....gotta believe we're gonna grab a WR and hopefully another playmaker on defense. I love what I'm hearing about Alex Smith as a leader, gamer, competitor and overall positive team player. Just think how clean the air is gonna smell in August with all of the KC drama out of here. Smith is motivated and will do great things for us. Let's get some talent around him now. 

35 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Now that we have Alex Smith, and plenty of cap space, I can't wait to see who we target in free agency....gotta believe we're gonna grab a WR and hopefully another playmaker on defense. I love what I'm hearing about Alex Smith as a leader, gamer, competitor and overall positive team player. Just think how clean the air is gonna smell in August with all of the KC drama out of here. 

Don't worry. Peacetime never lasts around here very long.

But at least I don't have to hear anymore cha-chings or pac-man death sound effects in my head after every good/bad pass

56 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Now that we have Alex Smith, and plenty of cap space, I can't wait to see who we target in free agency....gotta believe we're gonna grab a WR and hopefully another playmaker on defense. I love what I'm hearing about Alex Smith as a leader, gamer, competitor and overall positive team player. Just think how clean the air is gonna smell in August with all of the KC drama out of here. Smith is motivated and will do great things for us. Let's get some talent around him now. 

We don't have tonnes of space but we have enough to grab Jarvis Landry I would think. That would be a huge get for us. A WR and a RB in the draft and this Offense will be decent. Agree with everything you say re: Smith - I'm looking forward to the new era.

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Landry is a slot guy. He catches a lot of passes but most of them are dink and dunkers. I don't think he's worth it. We need a WR who is explosive and can go over the top of a D.

I agree. Irony though is Alex got a semi-deep ball Landry's way in the pro bowl.  I was just watching highlights from Alex, it was deep ball after deep ball to Tyreek Hill.  Watching this -- it screams for who is going to be that guy?  

Good luck, brother. This franchise destroys quarterbacks like its their job and you're the latest in a long, long line of QBs that have wandered their way here in 25 years. Maybe you'll be different - but I doubt it.

Enjoy your checks, try not to get hurt, and welcome to D.C. 

This link is a documentary about Alex's rough start, through to his 2011 break-out season.  If you aren't interested in watching a 49ers vid... I don't blame you (Redskins board and all), just skip right over this post.  However, if you want to know why some folks continue to follow him, years after he was traded from the 9ers, and get a bit of the early history around your new signal caller, this video does a nice job of it.  (plenty of Vernon in here too fwiw).

The 2011 season, was the absolute most fun I've had as a fan of sports, any sports.  As  seen in the video, there were many on this team to thank for that, certainly not just A Smith... Harbaugh, Vernon Davis, Justin Smith, Goldson, Frank Gore, etc. etc. etc.  But none of them had been maligned and IMO, scape-goated as Smith had. 

I think this vid shows Smith's grit, effort and determination that I've enjoyed over the years.  The week following the Saints game, 2 fumbled punts would end what can only be described as a magical year, prematurely.  I followed Smith to KC, and I've followed him again to D.C., waiting for the proper end to this story.  I hope he finds it here. 

6 hours ago, Temper11 said:

I followed Smith to KC, and I've followed him again to D.C., waiting for the proper end to this story.  I hope he finds it here. 

You will be sorely disappointed and that's nothing on what Alex will be able to do or not. The Redskins have one of the worst front office in the league and they have an owner, who still interferes. Now, his does it behind the scenes but there's still some Snyder interference in personnel matters.

Also, the team really sucks at hiring good coaches.  

Alex may get a playoff or two before his tenure here ends but he won't win anything here. 

At the end of the season a coworker asked me what was going to happen with Cousins next season. I told him that if he doesn’t sign a LTD and wants to leave I hope we go after Alex Smith if he is released by the Chiefs. I watched a few games and he is good. I very happy that we have him and hope it works out. Welcome to the Redskins Alex. 

On 1/31/2018 at 5:09 PM, Killer Rob said:

sounds like he's glad to be here instead of cleveland...we saved him lol

Don’t tell that to people here. They have a lot of draft picks, a new GM and are destined for greatness. Never mind their cancerous owner and garbage head coach coming off an 0-16 season.

18 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

#10 would be wide open for Desean... and Desean would be running wide open for Smith, in whom I have greater confidence to air it out than Cousins!! ;)

19 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Alex Smith because DeSean can go back to #10.

No one would buy a 10 though. They’d just put tape on the nameplate. :ols:

Archived