Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Maybe it's just me, but with such a solid group of guys in the minors and this season on life support, I'm not sure this disappointing, injury-riddled season under new management is the one to get busy with trades. 

18 minutes ago, Bacon said:

Maybe it's just me, but with such a solid group of guys in the minors and this season on life support, I'm not sure this disappointing, injury-riddled season under new management is the one to get busy with trades. 

I don't disagree--I'm not advocating a sell-the-farm move. Keep Soto, Robles, or Kieboom (who is approaching untouchable) I just remember the effect getting Cespedes had on the Mets in '15. Of course, literally everyone else in that lineup post-July went on a career-best tear. I am not sure this band of choking dogs has that in them...

17 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The standard move here is to fire the hitting coach.  

Nats haven't done that mid-season I think. Not that I can remember.

I would advocate that right now. When there are multiple players with the same issue, I don't get rid of all of them. I look at who is coaching them. That's an easier move, and plenty loud.

Glad they're getting the day off today. This month, especially after the gala, has been absolutely brutal (only won 4 times since the 9th; two of those came against the O's; been shut out 6 times - including two back-to-back in Tampa). 

Obviously, I doubt the gala did it but boy, the team fell of in a might hurry after that Saturday Night (especially after a really gutsy win against the Giants that afternoon with Lord Stanely in the house).

4 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

only won 4 times since the 9th; two of those came against the O's; been shut out 6 times - including two back-to-back in Tampa

This almost the exact same pattern as 2015--start slow, get on a hot streak, then sputter. Bad pitching, bad hitting, questionable bullpen outside of 1-2 relievers, injuries, underperformance. It's almost a carbon copy

So Sergio Romo was butt hurt that Michael A. Taylor stole third on him in a game three weeks ago.  The Nationals won that game 11-2.  But Taylor stole the base in the 6th inning, when the score was only 6-2. 

What's Spanish for "jackass"?

13 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Taylor is what he is: a good 4th OF. Plays good defense and has the occasional hot power surge offensively, but can't be relied upon as a full time starter.

Any interest in Adam Jones?  Orioles should be having a garage sale pretty soon.  Of course the O's jackass owner might not approve a trade to the Nats out of spite.  :)  

23 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Any interest in Adam Jones?  Orioles should be having a garage sale pretty soon.  Of course the O's jackass owner might not approve a trade to the Nats out of spite.  :)  

You're probably right. Even when the team's playing poorly, it's nice to have them here as a consistent display of spite to Peter Angelos and everyone else who tried to keep baseball out of Washington.

As a matter of fact - let's start a list of things we're actually grateful for right now since the team's in a terrible slump:

-Soto

-Scherzer 

-Rizzo

-Wide open window (even if we go full-2015 this year)

-The Angelos Family's consistent supply of salt over baseball coming back to Washington 

10 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

As a matter of fact - let's start a list of things we're actually grateful for right now since the team's in a terrible slump:

-Soto

-Scherzer 

-Rizzo

-Wide open window (even if we go full-2015 this year)

-The Angelos Family's consistent supply of salt over baseball coming back to Washington 

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Rendon's quiet consistency.  

Five dollar pregame beers on the right field concourse.

Archived