Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

2 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Wonder how long this rebuild is gonna take. Took ATL, what? 5 min?

Shouldn't take too long, with that curse being gone and all...

Oh it's still here. The Caps Cup allowed it to double down on the Nationals misery

14 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Wonder how long this rebuild is gonna take. Took ATL, what? 5 min?

Shouldn't take too long, with that curse being gone and all...

The Astros had a similarly miserable season the year before winning it all.

Baseball can be very swingy.

I still stand by my "it's still too early to press the panic button" position but I also stand by my "it is entirely reasonable to be concerned" position, too - even if they manage to win this thing. This team was nearly no hit two days in a row by a sub-.500 team. Yes, lack of rest, after a late game Sunday but it is hard to stay optimistic right now. 

It took us 87 games to get shut out once last year. We've been shut out 8 times this month.

Since June 1, we've won 2 series: a 2 game home sweep of the Rays, and 2 of 3 from the Orioles. We've lost series to **** teams Tampa, Toronto, San Fran; and division rivals Phillies and Braves.

This is where I don't want the calm manager after a 2nd shutout in a row talking about how they need to keep grinding and hits will come.

I want the pissed manager who says he's not happy with himself, the players, and his coaches. "When Eaton and Murphy get back.....", whatever.

Heads Out Of Asses Time

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

FP is absolutely right--this team needs to have a sense of urgency. This is the same bull**** we heard all 2015, then the Mets put us in their dust. We're about to get the same from both Philly and Atlanta.

Ray Knight pretty much called MAT soft after the game, unintentionally, but it was there all the same

Archived