Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

Juan Soto is love

Juan Soto is life

that kid is just different, 19 and doesn't look phased in the slightest. Has a better approach at the plate than people 10 years his senior. Whoever found that guy needs a considerable bump in pay. Can't wait till him and Robles are in the same outfield

5 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

well i just found out a friend of mine is taking me to the ASG for free woohoo!!

my friends ain't **** lol

I've said this before and I'll say this again, our front office is absolutely boss mode in regards to getting young talent.  But I can't help but notice what looks like a developmental ceiling in pretty much all of them lately.  Seemed like we had a young phenom every year hitting, but I don't trust out our coaching staff to help them all get to thwir potential.  It's the one thing this front office in my opinion is not hitting on, a manager that cn show these guys how to get to the next level.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I've said this before and I'll say this again, our front office is absolutely boss mode in regards to getting young talent.  But I can't help but notice what looks like a developmental ceiling in pretty much all of them lately.  Seemed like we had a young phenom every year hitting, but I don't trust out our coaching staff to help them all get to thwir potential.  It's the one thing this front office in my opinion is not hitting on, a manager that cn show these guys how to get to the next level.

****, they ain't even here long enough to have a cup of coffee ?

41 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

****, they ain't even here long enough to have a cup of coffee ?

giphy.gif

Ya'll thought I was joking when I mention the manager looks the same age as Harper.  He's probably a great guy, but I'm not sure what we're doing here.  We had the guy who was bought, they guy who had been there, the popping cherry.  It's like we want Martinez to grow up with the team, I don't know, man, I feel like this manager thing is the only thing we haven't been hitting out the park and its killing us. 

They treat it like an autopilot/entry level position. But to be fair, same can be said for a lot of head guys in other sports. But 5 managers in 8 years? For a team that's been contending for most of that time? That's not normal

And it can definitely have an impact on your youngins

6 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They treat it like an autopilot/entry level position. But to be fair, same can be said for a lot of head guys in other sports. But 5 managers in 8 years? For a team that's been contending for most of that time? That's not normal

Well three of the Managers were older guys in Riggleman, Johnson, and Baker. Matt Williams was a shot at a younger guy and he was a disaster. I like Martinez, but we'll see regarding him. I think sometimes people put too much on coaches/managers. At some point, players gotta play.

It will take about 100 ABs for eaton and murphy to get back.  Basically before then they are worse than their replacement.  I think they are coming along and will make the lineup longer.  nats are only team in division able to play .700 ball for an extended period of time.  We really need a 40 game stretch where we go something like 28-12

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Well three of the Managers were older guys in Riggleman, Johnson, and Baker. Matt Williams was a shot at a younger guy and he was a disaster. I like Martinez, but we'll see regarding him. I think sometimes people put too much on coaches/managers. At some point, players gotta play.

I don't think it has to have anything to do with fault of coaches or players, just that it is odd to have so much constant turnover, regardless of the reason, and it's hard to really hard to put your stamp on anything when you're gone after a couple seasons. It's a constant adjustment.

11 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Dan Snyder would be proud :movefast:

I meant to say "old" instead of "bought" (stupid auto-correct), but that level of instability is something you expect from a franchise that isn't competing for championships.  I liked Dusty, but hey, whatever, and even though Riggleman is my favorite manager we've had, I can't help but notice he's basically been doing other people's laundry since he left.  I'd have to really look at options available, but ya, we replace Martinez to address this, that's too many coaching changes on top of too many coaching changes.  We're stuck in a bad place, but at least most of these cats are really young, so we can give Martinez like 2-3 years then try this again and not worry about too many of them being in their 30s.

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Probably the last time we came through in a clutch situation in a close game.

I know the ASG is at Nats Park this year, but there's no reason at all for him to be starting in that game.  He isn't worthy to be playing in that game

Archived