Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

7 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

The Lerners will never learn. Go get a real closer for this team or continue to lose games in the 9th with two outs and two strikes.

If ONLY they had an all-star left handed closer with pinpoint control who has like a 1.45 ERA, with like a .536 WHIP, and striking out almost 12/9. Man now that would be awesome. Maybe he'd have a kick-ass big red beard too.

072217_mlb_wsh_ari_doolittle_k_med_26nvm

2 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I got off the Nationals narcotic weeks ago, you all should too.

I called this a snakebit season months ago and caught a lot of flack for it. I wanted to be wrong, but sometimes it's just not your year. We've been fortunate to "enjoy" as much October baseball as we have.

Depending on who the manager is, I have no doubt that we can bounce right back in 2019.

This was a tough year due to injuries, improvement to in division rivals, new manager, etc.  The real concern for me is whether Martinez is the right guy long term.  I know he was dealt a tough hand to deal with, but he has been far from impressive in his first year.

24 minutes ago, bearrock said:

This was a tough year due to injuries, improvement to in division rivals, new manager, etc.  The real concern for me is whether Martinez is the right guy long term.  I know he was dealt a tough hand to deal with, but he has been far from impressive in his first year.

It was said that he was pretty bad interview in the past and that was the main reason he didn't get a job until now. Hearing him talk in postgame pressers, I can see that being an issue if he's like that with the players as well

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

I called this a snakebit season months ago and caught a lot of flack for it. I wanted to be wrong, but sometimes it's just not your year. We've been fortunate to "enjoy" as much October baseball as we have.

Depending on who the manager is, I have no doubt that we can bounce right back in 2019.

The problem is that the Lerners love to do the 2-year thing with managers.  Martinez will probably be back for another year of learning the hard way on the job and then will be canned.  Joe Girardi would've been nice but they wanted to go with a Joe Maddon disciple 

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

It was said that he was pretty bad interview in the past and that was the main reason he didn't get a job until now. Hearing him talk in postgame pressers, I can see that being an issue if he's like that with the players as well

I’ve thought the same. 

As everyone knows, we all thought the 9 run comeback was a turning point, baseball is full of these kinds of reactionary games but they still count the same.  They still are playing near .600 ball since the ASB, it was .700 before the ATL series.  Just gotta keep churning and get that last wildcard. 

As I've said elsewhere (and maybe on this forum): the team isn't dead yet but they're on life support and the family is talking very seriously about hospice out in the waiting room. 

Another wasted Scherzer Day, too. That man should have or be near 20 wins by now. 

Archived