Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

2 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Whatever it is, Soto's surely broken it by now. They want nothing to do with him. 

On the broadcast I think they said that Soto is 3 shy of the record.  They didn't say who the record holder is (or I missed it - watching on the sly at work).  I bet its Harper...

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I'm still a little confused on why Rodriguez only went 5 innings and 60 pitches.  Is it another Hellickson kind of deal?  (i.e. - don't let the batters see him the third time)

They left him in for the sixth, but as soon as a batter got on, Davey pulled the plug.  I think he figured they had a lead, get the kid out and let the experience guys protect the lead.  

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

They left him in for the sixth, but as soon as a batter got on, Davey pulled the plug.  I think he figured they had a lead, get the kid out and let the experience guys protect the lead.  

I thought that Grace started off the top of the 6th?  They showed Grace warming up in the bottom of the 5th and I don't think Rodriguez came back after the 5th inning.

6 minutes ago, bushwack said:

I thought that Grace started off the top of the 6th?  They showed Grace warming up in the bottom of the 5th and I don't think Rodriguez came back after the 5th inning.

I was watching while working, (shhhh) so you could be right.  Was Grace before Miller?

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

If we split this 4 game set, that's a win. Especially when we're starting 2 AAAA pitchers and Gio.

Still. You steal one in the early game and only manage a first inning solo HR with Scherzer on the mound. 

7 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I had absolutely no faith in Herrera to get that done

He hasn’t been right since he came over. I’m not sure he ever looked good with the Nats. Nats should sue for their prospects back. Worth it to find out if the Royals knew something was up with him physically. 

Archived