Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

2 hours ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Veto all of those options, I love Portis but he is an idiot and the last thing this team needs is a potential distraction in the locker room.  I would be a lot more interested in John Brown or Allen Robinson, team guys with potential upside.  For a wild card I would be interested in Eric Decker if Tennessee decides to go in another direction, a Peyton trained receiver like Garcon who could legitimately pair with Doctson.

John Brown is he over his issues? Seems he missed a bunch of games this year again. He was been a disappointment for the past two seasons. Don’t think anyone can rely on him.

ARob missed the whole season. No one knows yet if his injury will effect him long term or not. He’s going to be the top prize this year and don’t think he’s as trustable as Crabs yet. Immensely talented but horrible timing on that injury

Eric Decker is 31 years old before the season starts. Crabs is slightly younger. Wouldn’t invest much in anyone that old but think that Decker will cost more. Compared to the two guys this year Crabs out produced Decker. Think Crabs has more left in the tank and will be cheaper

47 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

You know, I've been thinking about the possibility of taking a shot at Bryant. It would be a bit of a chance, but if you think he's straightened himself out at all, then could be worth a gamble. With our cap limitations, he's attractive at virtually no money. 

Pitt likes to have a reliable TE. I wonder if we could get them to swap Bryant for Davis. Then we could look to add a TE who can block, which is a big need. Maybe someone like Luke Willson. 

Not necessarily what I would do, but I think it could be an interesting possible option.

Personally think that we should stay far far away from all the guys that are one failed test away from missing the entire season. Those guys are complete risks completely out of the teams control to keep out of trouble.

Now with that said if it didn’t cost too much on top I’d do that trade anytime because Vernon is so old and we need receivers. If we could get him for a late round pick and Davis sign me up. Would be worth the risk. On the other hand if they wanted a pick higher then that no way. Too risky

Just now, elkabong82 said:

Jsteelz on Twitter just said Kapri bibbs re-signed. Good stuff! Best RB on the roster after Chris Thompson 

Yeah... I'm going to wait for something a little more reliable than him and whomever Redskins today is.

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Even if you don't believe that he re-signed, Bibbs doesn't have enough service time to become a Restricted Free Agent, so all we have to do is renew his deal for the minimum and he's back. 

I think it's interesting we appear to be signing role players to multi-year deals.  I dig it.

2 hours ago, DC9 said:

Yeah... I'm going to wait for something a little more reliable than him and whomever Redskins today is.

*Kapri signing tweet*

"With Perine, Kelley, Thompson and Bibbs now the 4 main backs, Gruden may not even try to draft or sign a running back in free agency."

hahaha_no_transformers.gif

Even with Bibbs resigned I still hope that the team can pick up a true workhorse back. I keep coming back to the damning stat of 5 straight games without a 100 yard running back; Bibbs strikes me as a good third down option but neither him or Thompson are number 1 RBs

Re-signing Bibbs is a good move. The guy is versatile. He's also quick. May even be faster than Thompson. Those two will be a tough combo for a defense to contain over the course of entire game.

That said, they still need the feature back to be upgraded over Kelley/Perine.

I love the Bibbs re-signing and it shows that this front office is looking in other places than just the draft and offseason FAs to improve our team. While some guys like our third string tackle didn't look great out there, I'm glad to see us holding on to players that perform well (and better than Perine and Kelley) during the season. Not saying he solves the position or should go into camp ahead of anybody but I like seeing the reward here.

5 hours ago, wit33 said:

How the team went into the season expecting Thompson to play a big role and not have a backup is mind boggling. Old heads not getting with times. 

I don't know if that was the case back in August. The minor roles that Pryor, Crowder, Doctson  and Reed had kinda meant we were on our 5th option as far as looking for somebody to play key roles in the offense. And the fact that RBs are so easy to come by in this league, probably mean that replacing Thompson was easier than the other guys.

2 hours ago, bobandweave said:

For anyone looking for a good list of all free agents available this was posted today and a great source of that information

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/77018/309/2018-nfl-free-agent-tracker

Wow, there are some big names on that list. If we don't end up drafting a RB, I wouldn't mind us taking a shot at Isiah Crowell or Jerick McKinnon.  WRs, would love to see Landry or Moncrief, but they would probably command a pretty big salary. 

I dont really think we have that many "need to resign" players as at first glance.  I think on offense its maybe only Cousins if you dont have a plan for someone else.  I think on defense its just Zach Brown.

Apparently the coaches really like Chase at center, so I see them just letting Long go.  Ryan Grant I think they will sign if hes cheap, but otherwise despite being a pet project you can find cheap 500 yard receivers on the market easily. Niles Paul is just surplus now with Reed, Davis, Sprinkle, and the cost isnt worth it for a #3 or #4 TE. On defense Mason Foster might have been our 2nd best ILB, but he still isnt good.  Again he probably stays if hes cheap but hes by no means a need.  Breeland I think became surplus with the development of Fuller, who they love.  We drafted high round CBs in each of the last 2 years and resigned Dunbar to be the #4.  We arent devoting $40 million to our CBs.  Trent Murphy also became surplus with Preston Smith performing better, and us drafting Ryan Anderson.  We drafted Anderson already with an eye towards letting Murphy go, and Smith made that easier.  His season last season was very similar to Murphy's from the year prior.

IF we signed Kirk to a LTD, resigning the players we need to and then a few extras, such as Brown, Foster, Nsekhe, will leave us with about 17 million in cap space.  I think we likely target a RB in the draft, and probably DL and OL in the first 3 rounds(DT, and LG). That leaves us with 1 position that we actually need to spend money on in FA, and thats WR.  To be honest there doesnt appear to be much to spend that money on, unless Jarvis Landry ends up available.  He might be worth splashing the cash on, otherwise the best option might be Mike Wallace, not a #1 receiver, but a speedster a little faster than DeSean Jackson, helping take the top off defenses which we sorely missed.  If you only go the Wallace route, then you have enough space to pick up a good player if one happens to be available at a position such as ILB, pass rusher, Safety etc.

16 hours ago, zoony said:

Convert perine to te.  Or something.  Just please dont hand him the football

I kind of like bibbs

Remember Darrel Young came to us as a LB.  We made him a FB.

What if we try to make Perine a LB?

1 minute ago, DC9 said:

We made him a FB.

I actually wouldn't mind having an honest to goodness true FB on this roster rather than all of these converted hybrids they've been using at FB. 

I swear Baltimore has TEs and FBs out the ying yang and bring in a couple new ones each year, every year.

Let's just start with one, eh? 

Archived