Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

Foster Friess, GOP megadonor who was running for the GOP Governor nomination in Wyoming, lost his bid last night.

What makes it significant is that he was a Trump backed candidate thus breaking Trump's streak of wins.

The Dem candidate has no chance there, but it's interesting to see Wyoming go with their status quo conservative rather than a Trump MAGAt.

Politico: I Just Hacked a State Election. I’m 17. And I’m Not Even a Very Good Hacker.

First, I wrote down the IP address of the server hosting the competition, no different than the first step a foreign agent would take. Then, I accessed the DEF CON-hosted website from a secure Wi-Fi spot and Googled a list of common MySQL commands. The whole thing, from search to shutdown, took me less than five minutes.

10 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

The politico article doesn't explicitly say so. (Al least in the part I read). But other reports about that event say that contestants hacked replicas of the web servers that state agencies use to announce their election results. Not the actual vote counts. 

Which could still cause a lot of people to freak. But it's not what the article is trying to push. 

13 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Politico: I Just Hacked a State Election. I’m 17. And I’m Not Even a Very Good Hacker.

First, I wrote down the IP address of the server hosting the competition, no different than the first step a foreign agent would take. Then, I accessed the DEF CON-hosted website from a secure Wi-Fi spot and Googled a list of common MySQL commands. The whole thing, from search to shutdown, took me less than five minutes.

Image result for jurassic park i know this gif

Just now, Larry said:

The politico article doesn't explicitly say so. (Al least in the part I read). But other reports about that event say that contestants hacked replicas of the web servers that state agencies use to announce their election results. Not the actual vote counts. 

Which could still cause a lot of people to freak. But it's not what the article is trying to push. 

It said that it was a replica site and the hacker said he actually crashed the website.

re: voter suppression in GA

keep the poor blacks under the heel...still a popular american pastime in many places

as has long been the case---and long denied by the gop---the conservative side is where our national racism goes for succor and refuge if it goes to one..the alt right indeed...nationalists indeed...boy they be all over the gop and WH these days, that is awesome----britebart's now serious journalism to an ever wider slice of the gop....britebart...what had been the lobotomy-friendly racist equivalent of fox and friends... just a few years ago it was widely considered to be mainly a sick and crazy pit of losers and rejects reflecting all the bubbly brain lunacy of the"fringe" right---esp. racists---that now seems to be about 45% of the actual gop body, minimum, and the people at the top---bannon/mercers etc.-- -who want to utilize them as a resource

the "face" of the gop has always decried this claim of harboring the racist contingents as an unjust lefty obsession...and that has long been a blind and stupid and wrong and deceitful response

understand nowhere near "all" republican voters are actual racists...just a  large contingent are :P... and the rest on this matter, minus a comparatively small percentage that will include numerous never-trumpers, run from lesser degrees of racial bigotry to simply enabling the racist element by denial and providing cover...nice work, esp. the uber-xtiany patriots...heyzeus is all smiles, i'm sure

What the GOP says to black voters: "Stop voting for Dems, they just take advantage of you and take you for granted....vote for us.....!"

What the GOP actions says to black voters: "You know what? On second thought? Don't even vote. In fact, let's just make a few changes so that you can't vote."

15 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

the democrats arm of law enforcement..................

Nothing matters anymore. They can get away with this kind of stupidity because the base allows it. People with a functioning brain would never stand for being treated this way by their elected reps.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/corey-stewart-campaigns-alone-in-virginia-as-other-republicans-keep-their-distance/2018/08/22/52ee4300-a550-11e8-b76b-d513a40042f6_story.html?utm_term=.a18c3234a8d0

Corey Stewart campaigns alone in Virginia as other Republicans keep their distance

Thomas Oh knew he faced an uphill battle in his bid this November to unseat Rep. Don Beyer (D) in a Northern Virginia district that hasn’t sent a Republican to Congress in 28 years.

But being called a Nazi hasn’t helped.

Last week, Oh publicly distanced himself from Corey A. Stewart, a Senate candidate at the top of the GOP ticket who has associated with white supremacists, after several voters voiced disgust because Oh’s campaign signs were near Stewart’s signs at public events.

“We were at a farmers market in the McLean area and a woman did not let her kids take candy from our stand, saying, ‘Don’t take candy from a Nazi,’ and I was like: What the heck?” said Oh, 26, whose parents are Korean immigrants.

Oh, who disagrees with Stewart’s hard line on immigration and his desire to preserve Confederate monuments, has asked volunteers to keep his campaign materials at a distance from Stewart’s signs and palm cards, a move first reported by the Richmond Times Dispatch.

TL;DR, Republicans don’t want to be mentioned along with Stewart, few of them will actually say anything bad about him. 

Of couurse, Barbara Comstock is being her usual profile in courage:

In Northern Virginia, Rep. Barbara Comstock (R), who is battling for reelection against state Sen. Jennifer Wexton (D), has been pointedly silent about whether she supports Stewart’s campaign.

It's still amazing how Fox News/right wing radio have convinced 30% of the population that a bunch of life-long Republicans are actually Democrats that have been working in collusion with Obama & Hillary to get Trump out of office.  This is some Alex Jones level kind of BS.

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

It's still amazing how Fox News/right wing radio have convinced 30% of the population that a bunch of life-long Republicans are actually Democrats that have been working in collusion with Obama & Hillary to get Trump out of office.  This is some Alex Jones level kind of BS.

The first step was creating a segregated source of "news". 

On 8/22/2018 at 7:17 PM, No Excuses said:

Nothing matters anymore. They can get away with this kind of stupidity because the base allows it. People with a functioning brain would never stand for being treated this way by their elected reps.

I loved this column a few days ago by Alexandra Petri from WaPo (after Rudi's "truth is not truth" whopper).

Rudy Giuliani does not exist

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I loved this column a few days ago by Alexandra Petro from WaPo (after Rudi's "truth is not truth" whopper).

Rudy Giuliani does not exist

My fav part:

The only thing keeping Merrick Garland off the Supreme Court is his belief that he is not on the Supreme Court.

Don’t you see? You are trapped in a prison created by your own mind, is what I would like to tell the children at the border, who, again, do not exist, and are only stimuli generated by a bored demon tormenting my mind in a jar.

Archived