Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

when we talk about "the money" supporting candidates/races, outside the grass roots/everyday people donations

we all know about kochs, soros, mercers, and maybe a few other names and "dark money" etc.---the idea that there's any "gotcha" behind noting it re: a given candidate is a move i don't place much value in...to me it's significantly more pertinent as a general part of the system and culture that you think should be changed or not

and another item to be factored into how  much cost for tv time in a campaign--fox news.....while msnbc and cnn will give their share of air time to candidates, fox will offer the right ones an unending free platform....desantis is a prime example...he's actually received the equivalent of several million $ in free adverts being on hours per week each week for many months...

15 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

when we talk about "the money" supporting candidates/races, outside the grass roots/everyday people donations

we all know about kochs, soros, mercers, and maybe a few other names and "dark money" etc.---the idea that there's any "gotcha" behind noting it re: a given candidate is a move i don't place much value in...to me it's significantly more pertinent as a general part of the system and culture that you think should be changed or not

and another item to be factored into how  much cost for tv time in a campaign--fox news.....while msnbc and cnn will give their share of air time to candidates, fox will offer the right ones an unending free platform....desantis is a prime example...he's actually received the equivalent of several million $ in free adverts being on hours per week each week for many months...

Sure.  But I was responding to the tweet that made it seem like the Dems in Fl were making a calculated decision.  I'm saying the same thing you are.  Money is going to have influence.  That's what won it for Gillum in the end.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

. I'm saying the same thing you are.  

I know. People who take witness may begin to understand the extent of my powers.

I'll stop now. You're free to resume what you'd normally do.

A few days old, and probably already posted here in some fashion, but of course the Republican candidate was very concerned that the previous Dem candidate that he had beaten by 23 points was being railroaded by the Democrats, so he had to have his staffers step in to help. That makes perfect sense.

Now they're being investigated for possible felonies. ?

Also, from the Pilot

Cruz went to college with my brother. 

Apparently everyone hated him. Libtards and righties (my bro being a big one) alike. Like totally depised. 

Also, he lost a ton of money in poker than ratted out the other players and they all almost got kicked out.

13 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Cruz went to college with my brother. 

Apparently everyone hated him. Libtards and righties (my bro being a big one) alike. Like totally depised. 

Also, he lost a ton of money in poker than ratted out the other players and they all almost got kicked out.

I am shocked that Theodore couldn’t muster a strong poker face.

ted_cruz.png

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

We get it, Beto is cool and Ted Cruz is a big 'ole nerd.

Not sure I'd use the word "nerd". But if I'm casting a movie and I've got a part for a creepy child molesting uncle, .....

2 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

Sure.  But I was responding to the tweet that made it seem like the Dems in Fl were making a calculated decision.  I'm saying the same thing you are.  Money is going to have influence.  That's what won it for Gillum in the end.

I was under the impression that he spent like a tenth of his opponents. 

8 minutes ago, Larry said:

Not sure I'd use the word "nerd". But if I'm casting a movie and I've got a part for a creepy child molesting uncle, .....

I was under the impression that he spent like a tenth of his opponents. 

He did. But spent more over the final weeks. 

Archived