Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2018 Thread (An Adult Finally Has the Gavel)

PleaseBlitz

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I'll root for O'Rourke 2020 to make @twa happy.  Cause that means Cruz wins 2018 right?  I mean wouldn't that be a fair trade off?  We get six more years of Senator Cruz, but get President O'Rourke in 2020?

I'd rather Beto win in November. But a President Beto don't sound bad. I don't think Trump would like the juxtaposition of him and Beto on a stage together.

11 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I'd rather Beto win in November. But a President Beto don't sound bad. I don't think Trump would like the juxtaposition of him and Beto on a stage together.

How are Wendy and Castro doing?.....hope springs eternal.

Straight ticket or not, Gary Johnson isn't winning in the race. It's hard for me to get mad about this. The article even says she was campaigning on it. Just looking back the Republican SOS did the same right before the 2012 elections.

Texas is getting rid of straight ticket in 2019. Twa, you excited to be voting for your boy this time?

10 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Texas is getting rid of straight ticket in 2019. Twa, you excited to be voting for your boy this time?

Sweet, have to see what loser ya'll put up 

8 minutes ago, twa said:

Sweet, have to see what loser ya'll put up 

Sure. Hope you let your flag fly come 2020. Embrace voting for your boy.

23 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Did no one vet this guy?

Hide contents

He joined in April! Can't even say I joined years ago and forgot I was part of the group.

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Noticing how his endorsements are all the same. Meaning....nothing specific. Crime, Borders, 2nd, Military, Vets. 

Rinse repeat. 

5 time draft dodger who is a wannabe thug mob boss and whose latest model wife might have been working here illegally...yeah makes sense.

Trump Republicans are incredibly gullible.

While I don't love unilateral decision making, is there any specific thing that reinststing straight party voting does to limit voting one candidate at a time, aside from letting lazy voters be lazy?

Like I feel like Gary Johnson is not in the best position to gripe because, as a gubernatorial candidate, he is pretty well known.  His supporters are going to be motivated to vote for him because he's in the governor box.

I feel like down ballot 3rd party cadidates would have a more legitimate grievance but even then not by much.

Like voters generally fall into two categories on a given race; 1) has researched it and knows who they like and are motivated to vote for that person, and 2) hasn't researchded and is likely to go by party.

Imagining a scenario where a democrat is voting for all dems except for governor, where they're voting Gary Johnson, why would that person suddenly be inclined to vote straight ticket and not vote for Gary?

Is the extra work of filling in a couple boxes so onerous that it overrides a person's desire to vote for their preferred candidate?  I feel like that's a weak argument.

The only major issue I could foresee would be if the instructions were ambiguous or confusing, but so long as they are well explained I don't really see the problem.

13 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Did no one vet this guy?

First one has nsfw language. So I will spoiler it.

Hide contents

12 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Sure. Hope you let your flag fly come 2020. Embrace voting for your boy.

He joined in April! Can't even say I joined years ago and forgot I was part of the group.

Surprise .Corey Stewart, Virginia GOP candidate for governor is also listed as a moderator on the site.

35 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

So was Kelli Ward...but it was an unverified Kelli Ward..so I guess maybe there's a possibility that there is another bat**** crazy evil Kelli Ward out there...

TEG:  Want your day ruined:

Spoiler

She's a Mountaineer.

Archived