Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Washington Redskins

[December 27] According to Allbright and Pauline, it is likely that the Redskins will fire Bruce Allen at the end of the 2019 season. However, sources did not give names to Pauline in regard to who will replace Allen.

When it comes to the coaching staff, Allbright is hearing that the interim staff will be let go on Black Monday, with the possible exception of offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell. Word within league circles is that owner Dan Snyder wants to move quickly on selecting his next head coach. As Allbright has reported here, Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy appears to be one of the early frontrunners on the Redskins list of head coach candidates. But you can also add one more to the mix – former Panthers head coach Ron Rivera.

Allbright is hearing that Snyder has largely gone about the head coach search in a private manner, but has sought input from Urban Meyer.

[December 26] The Redskins will begin their process in earnest following Week 17’s matchup against the New York Giants. There have been whispers regarding the status of President Bruce Allen, but no decision has been made. According to Allbright, absolutely no decision on the future head coach has been made at this point.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2019-season-nfl-black-monday-rumors-news-head-coach-gm-fired/

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Sorry - I don't think the Dallas game will have any impact on the decisions he's going to make. Bruce's fate has been decided one way or the other already. 

I hope you're right.  I just have so little faith in Dan that I find it hard to believe he won't try to use a win against Dallas for all its worth.

I'm not even worried about the Scot thing... it was Brian LaFemina being fired that really was the "Hunh... ?!?" moment for me. It let me know Bruce was going to go to his buddy and strongarm people into showing them who had Danny's little ears.

That is why Bruce has to be out of that building in any way, shape or form and can't even be allowed in, near or have any contact with anyone there.

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You all are going to be depressed when Bruce is the one speaking at that press conference.

Bruce will announce a new 10 year deal for himself and a pay raise.

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You all are going to be depressed when Bruce is the one speaking at that press conference.

The dark comedy aspect of it would be epic.  If that happens, I'd bet on a new classic Bruce line goes down for the ages -- some sort of we are close comment round 2.

Maybe "the future is now and this is a SB roster" and when prodded about it he talks about Haskins progress and what would have happened if it were not for the injuries, etc.  

If bruce stays it ****ing sucks balls..cash in your fan card, jump ship, no longer be a fan or stay a fan and support the team...

Marvin lewis or Callahan is my choice for coach than/then. Fingers crossed Allen is canned and new management is put in place..not so thrilled about Meyer..Rivera definitely maybe dude from k.c..Eric B.

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

If bruce stays it ****ing sucks balls..cash in your fan card jump **** no longer be a fan or stay a fan and support the team...

Marvin lewis or Callahan is my choice for coach than/then. Fingers crossed Allen is canned and new management is put in place..not so thrilled about Meyer..Rivera definitely maybe dude from k.c..Eric B.

I have to know. Why in the world would Marvin Lewis be a want when he is in the Jeff Fisher mold but hasn't achieved as much as JEFF FRICKEN LOSER FISHER.

What if alex made manager and k smith is promoted?..allen put on back burner/still employed?..that would be a continuing nightmare...it would be...lol...hahaha poopouri..lol the ole man just found out about that stuff.."say huh?".." ya spray it in the toilet before ****ting?"..lol..

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

If bruce stays it ****ing sucks balls..cash in your fan card, jump ship, no longer be a fan or stay a fan and support the team...

Will Rakim be an assistant on Eric's staff?

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

This is what I was wondering about. Who did the negotiations

Yes, it gives us hope that Bruce has been removed from the process but it was a no brainer extension so maybe that's typical protocol.

This entire thread is a mind ****, I wish we could get this over with.

2 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I have to know. Why in the world would Marvin Lewis be a want when he is in the Jeff Fisher mold but hasn't achieved as much as JEFF FRICKEN LOSER FISHER.

Marvin Lewis was a great frickin coach that got long in the tooth with an owner worse than the skins..

Archived