Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

1 minute ago, Skin'emAlive said:

no he wasn’t. 

Yes he was...the Bengals were in the playoffs every year..alot of 11 plus win seasons..had palmer not been cheap shotted by that philthy steeler player the bengals would have won the superbowl

Tell me how Marvin Lewis wasnt a great coach..or at least even a good coach.

1 minute ago, bakedtater1 said:

Yes he was...the Bengals were in the playoffs every year..alot of 11 plus win seasons..had palmer not been cheap shotted by that philthy steeler player the bengals would have won the superbowl

They lost every single time. His entire coaching career, he’s never won a big game.  The only guy more of a career loser than Kirk Cousins is Marvin. 

Because he taught his defensive players to play mean and aggressive?..because he kept a rivalry going that's been going scince before cooleyfan was a twinkle in his daddy's eye in the Steelers Bengals rivalry?..a rivalry we dreamed we still had with dallass..yeah, I'd love marvin lewis.

8 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Marvin Lewis was a great frickin coach that got long in the tooth with an owner worse than the skins..

I guess my issue is I don't want a coach who was good a decade ago. Seems like it has passed him by. And while he was a good DC, I think the evidence points more to him being a bad HC.

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

They lost every single time. His entire coaching career, he’s never won a big game.  The only guy more of a career loser than Kirk Cousins is Marvin. 

AGAIN!...had palmer not been knocked out they would have won...sooooo you wouldnt touch Andy Reid with a ten foot pole?...john elway says hold my Coors light

2 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I guess my issue is I don't want a coach who was good a decade ago. Seems like it has passed him by. And while he was a good DC, I think the evidence points more to him being a bad HC.

Nahh not sure about a bad coach..no kiddin..its been ten years?..ehhh that's a head scratcher there..yeah kinda concerning

3 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

AGAIN!...had palmer not been knocked out they would have won..

Wow. Damn the rotten luck! A guy who never won a playoff game would have definitely won that one apart from the one injury? I mean, that's just astounding that we know that for a fact that he definitely would have gotten his one win but for that bad break. Poor guy!

5 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Wow. Damn the rotten luck! A guy who never won a playoff game would have definitely won that one apart from the one injury? I mean, that's just astounding that we know that for a fact that he definitely would have gotten his one win but for that bad break. Poor guy!

I must have been the only one watching...I guess... the bengals were mauling the steelers and when palmer went down the Steelers came from behind and won...still...nothing to prove to me lewis was a bad coach

7 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I think this is really unfair simply because he was in one of the toughest divisions in football. He was competing against the Ravens and Steelers every year and doing well. 

2018: 1-3

2017: 1-3

2016: 1-3

2015: 3-1

2014: 2-2

2013: 2-2

2012: 2-2

2011: 0-4

2010: 1-3

2009: 4-0

2008: 0-4

2007: 2-2

2006: 2-2

2005: 3-1

2004: 1-3

2003: 2-2

Total Record: 27-37 against two of the best teams in the NFL over the last 17 years. I don't discount that as him not winning big games. And its not like they had his number or anything, his teams were competing. 

And I'd add to that the fact that he's had some good assistant coaches over his coaching time. What does that mean for us? I think it means that we could see him find some talented guys who are line coaches and assistants who could get promotions (he found Jay Gruden and made him an OC). It also means he has connections and can hire a guy like a Mike Zimmer or a Leslie Frazier. 

7 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Because he taught his defensive players to play mean and aggressive?..because he kept a rivalry going that's been going scince before cooleyfan was a twinkle in his daddy's eye in the Steelers Bengals rivalry?..a rivalry we dreamed we still had with dallass..yeah, I'd love marvin lewis.

You and Cooleyfan are the same guy, and your points usually make no sense. 

Marvin made his bed with a bunch of low iq, cheap shot, imbeciles that routinely got punked by the far superior Baltimore and Pittsburgh franchises. In addition, he was a guarantee to get out coached in the second half of every important game. 

Marvin Lewis is 61 years old.  I don't believe that we would/should hire a 61 year old coach to come in and take over a rebuild project. It would make zero sense.  Lets just assume that in 3 - 4 years we've got all the pieces in place and are ready to compete. You've got a coach in his mid 60's who's ready to ride off into the sunset.  Not happening!! 

1 minute ago, Thinking Skins said:

I think this is really unfair simply because he was in one of the toughest divisions in football. He was competing against the Ravens and Steelers every year and doing well. 

2018: 1-3

2017: 1-3

2016: 1-3

2015: 3-1

2014: 2-2

2013: 2-2

2012: 2-2

2011: 0-4

2010: 1-3

2009: 4-0

2008: 0-4

2007: 2-2

2006: 2-2

2005: 3-1

2004: 1-3

2003: 2-2

Total Record: 27-37 against two of the best teams in the NFL over the last 17 years. I don't discount that as him not winning big games. And its not like they had his number or anything, his teams were competing. 

And I'd add to that the fact that he's had some good assistant coaches over his coaching time. What does that mean for us? I think it means that we could see him find some talented guys who are line coaches and assistants who could get promotions (he found Jay Gruden and made him an OC). It also means he has connections and can hire a guy like a Mike Zimmer or a Leslie Frazier. 

Leslie Frazier is a better DC than Lewis

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

You and Cooleyfan are the same guy, and your points usually make no sense. 

Marvin made his bed with a bunch of low iq, cheap shot, imbeciles that routinely got punked by the far superior Baltimore and Pittsburgh franchises. In addition, he was a guarantee to get out coached in the second half of every important game. 

Now ya pissed me the **** off..talk about being skinned alive..how frickin dare you?!?!?!.

Me and cooleyfan the same person???!!!...thems fighting words lol

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Yes, you were the only one watching that game. Since the rest of us were watching a game that was 0-0 when Palmer got hurt. 

See, I was wrong..I can make up stuff in my mind..its just not ok I put the ideas out there lol..thanks

13 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Judging a coach over a 16 year career based on number of playoff wins is a good metric, but its not the ultimate metric. We have to look at this and say that over that time period he made the playoffs 7 times which is just under half the years he coached. In fact he made the playoffs 7 out of the first 13 years he coached in the NFL. So there's a question of how good of a coach was he to be able to actually make that number of playoffs? 

Then we can compare him to other coaches, and I think the one that is Marty Schottenheimer who was famous for having really good regular season teams but never being able to win in the playoffs. His record was 5-13, including finishing it on a 0-5 run. 

29 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

he is 500 in the regular season.  I like him but he was not "great"

2 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Judging a coach over a 16 year career based on number of playoff wins is a good metric, but its not the ultimate metric. We have to look at this and say that over that time period he made the playoffs 7 times which is just under half the years he coached. In fact he made the playoffs 7 out of the first 13 years he coached in the NFL. So there's a question of how good of a coach was he to be able to actually make that number of playoffs? 

Then we can compare him to other coaches, and I think the one that is Marty Schottenheimer who was famous for having really good regular season teams but never being able to win in the playoffs. His record was 5-13, including finishing it on a 0-5 run. 

Largely I agree. But sometimes it’s the only metric that matters. It’s the same argument as the Cousins argument. 

Archived