Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Alex Smith going from rehab to GM instantly is not a splash move. If he hires Aikman he gets the news cycle for a while and constant national media attention for a season or more. That’s the kind of move he wants to put butts in seats and change the narrative.

Do you really think Troy Aikman would take that job?

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Do you really think Troy Aikman would take that job?

Absolutely. He has talked about becoming a GM quite a bit recently. Snyder could easily close him and the media attention would instantly change the dynamic. It’s a crazy splash move. Only problem is Fox has the super bowl this year so if they were to do it I don’t think he can walk away from that until super bowl officially.

No way Aikman is a consideration, that's silly talk.  He's way to all about Dallas....

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/washington-redskins/troy-aikman-redskins-are-more-dysfunctional-kardashians

“Somebody compared the Redskins to the Kardashians," Aikman says. "Saying they’re the Kardashians of the NFL. I don’t think that’s fair. I don’t think the Kardashians are nearly as dysfunctional."

9 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Absolutely. He has talked about becoming a GM quite a bit recently. Snyder could easily close him and the media attention would instantly change the dynamic. It’s a crazy splash move. Only problem is Fox has the super bowl this year so if they were to do it I don’t think he can walk away from that until super bowl officially.

Yeah idk man...I dont see him taking the job for a few reasons....ex cowboy..enough said there..and to much dysfunction here

Breer

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/12/09/49ers-saints-jimmy-garoppolo-nfc-playoffs-patriots-chiefs-officiating-mmqb-nfl-week-14

The Redskins have a keeper in WR Terry McLaurin. But who will be coaching him next year? That may depend on what the organization looks like structurally. Several high-profile candidates (or their reps) have told the club that they won’t go there if the organization remains the way it is. Which means Dan Snyder might have more decisions to make than he anticipated. Does he go for a second-chancer like Mike McCarthy or Marvin Lewis under the current setup? Or does he blow it up? Stay tuned for that one.

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If Bruce is really gone, his replacement Will leave you dissapointed.

I disagree. I’ve always thought if named GM, Kyle Smith would be pretty good. Wouldn’t at all mind seeing what he can do. Have him go out and get his head coach, let them decide what to do at QB, and try to fix things here 

7 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I disagree. I’ve always thought if named GM, Kyle Smith would be pretty good. Wouldn’t at all mind seeing what he can do. Have him go out and get his head coach, let them decide what to do at QB, and try to fix things here 

Dan will be looking for his next buddy.

1 hour ago, Veretax said:

Why is it everyone is acting like this game was some kind of special moment?

Green Bay is likely NFC Title Berth bound.  Their defense is pretty strong, and their offense is multi purpose, for once.

We didn't have the horses to compete once we got behind... period.

It was a "special" moment because it was the game that officially finished the Redskins' playoff hopes. It was a longshot, but it was also the only shot.

28 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Dan will be looking for his next buddy.

What if his next buddy ends up competent?  You never know.   The closest he came to that was Gibbs who he was close to it.  Gibbs set a good example.  Vinny and Bruce didn't. 

Just now, Boss_Hogg said:

Doc Walker just said he expects Bruce to be back in 2020

He might be right but I never have seen Doc as that plugged in. 

32 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

What if his next buddy ends up competent?  You never know.   The closest he came to that was Gibbs who he was close to it.  Gibbs set a good example.  Vinny and Bruce didn't. 

Competent or not if he's his best buddy then who do you think will be making roster decisions when he sees a guy who "can't miss" on sportscenter?

fcc3ed16f5394865fb29bd755120c370_crop_no

34 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He might be right but I never have seen Doc as that plugged in. 

Dan and Joe were drinking buddys?

Archived