Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

Sheehan said he has this conclusion talking to some people at the FO.

A.  Dan-Bruce were convinced that this season they'd prove the world wrong.  They weren't shaken by the decline of fan attendance last year but seem shaken this year some.

B.  There is still some arrogance in that building, Bruce being chesty after the last two wins.  I couldn't tell if he was guessing on this point or was just speculating, 

C.  If they beat GB it likely saves Bruce's job.  They'd go nuts to win three in a row and the third would be a win in GB. 

D.  Losing in GB conversely might seal Bruce's fate.  

E. Playing off of point D.  There could be an announcement about Bruce as soon as the upcoming league meetings in Texas.

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Sheehan said he has this conclusion talking to some people at the FO.

A.  Dan-Bruce were convinced that this season they'd prove the world wrong.  They weren't shaken by the decline of fan attendance last year but seem shaken this year some.

B.  There is still some arrogance in that building, Bruce being chesty after the last two wins.  I couldn't tell if he was guessing on this point or was just speculating, 

C.  If they beat GB it likely saves Bruce's job.  They'd go nuts to win three in a row and the third would be a win in GB. 

D.  Losing in GB conversely might seal Bruce's fate.  

E. Playing off of point D.  There could be an announcement about Bruce as soon as the upcoming league meetings in Texas.

If D is true, it may be the first time in my life I actively root for a loss - not just any loss but a complete beat down. Through all the garbage this team has put me through I have never been able to get myself to root for losses. But this may finally be enough. 

Having said that - if they win, it does bode well for the team moving forward in spite of bruce. I mean at that point you have a 3 gm win streak including beating a sure PO - currently division leading team at their place with a HOF QB and the best D they have had in years. It would be hard to brush that off as a fluke. 

9 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Can we rebrand this site to EXTREMEPACK this week? GO PACK GO!!!!!

While your at it take a Lambo leap!

Ain't no way we stand a chance against the packers..yall know that right?..you'll get what ya want dont worry..the skins will continue to lose and bruce won't go any where....so why not have one of the two..Redskins win at least while bruce sticks around...unfortunately 

22 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

If D is true, it may be the first time in my life I actively root for a loss - not just any loss but a complete beat down. Through all the garbage this team has put me through I have never been able to get myself to root for losses. But this may finally be enough. 

Welcome home brother. Humiliating losses is the only thing that may save us. It may not, but it can't hurt at this point.

31 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Even before reading Sheehan's thoughts, my opinion already was that this weekend is a "must lose" scenario if we have any chance of getting rid of the Bruce Virus.

I haven't been watching much this season but I will this Sunday and I will be openly cheering for the Pack.

3 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

If the Redskins somehow pull one out of their ass this weekend, you can be assured Allen will be back. He will be able to push the we're close narrative...

I'm not so sure.  Just to play devil's advocate here.... 

The speak coming out of Ashburn when we tagged Callahan as the interim was that he said he would only do it if he's given final say.  I could see a scenario (which is why we heard rumors of Bruce's involvement with the team being analyzed AFTER our 1st win of the season) that Dan and Bruce have allowed Callahan to take over, and the team is progressing.  Dan and the minority owners very well could see what the team is doing WITHOUT Bruce being the figure head, and realize even further how much he's actually been holding them back.

Of course i'm going tin foil hat with that, and I fear that you're likely right.... that Allen is going to try and spin any potential wins to show how he influenced them.... but a guy can hope... right? 

I am trying to gauge how many years our team will be set back, with each meaningless win.

So I checked Vegas - no luck there. I am setting the O/U at 1 win = 1 additional year of the Snyder Allen clown show.

You know those 2 are quickly falling in love with the idea of Callahan at the helm.  Sticking with him is one less major headache they have to deal with. A headache, because no coach worth his resume will want to come here, unless he is a gold digger with no other options.

Shanny on the radio touting Kyle Smith big time.  But said you have to let him do his thing and get out of the way.  He made it clear as heck that he wonders if they would get out of his way.  He also likes Schaffer in the FO for the role he performs.

He said Kyle was with him for 2 years and was blown away.   He works his tail off.  He thinks he's special at what he does.

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Shanny on the radio touting Kyle Smith big time.  But said you have to let him do his thing and get out of the way.  He made it clear as heck that he wonders if they would get out of his way.  He also likes Schaffer in the FO for the role he performs.

He said Kyle was with him for 2 years and was blown away.   He works his tail off.  He thinks he's special at what he does.

I am still convinced if Allen stays, Smith will end up on another team and build a Super Bowl winner there.

I don't even know how this is a question. While the 'Skins may not get completely embarrassed, there's no way the team marches into GB and gets a win. GB is rolling and looking to solidify a hold on the NFCN. If the loss gets rid of Brucie, all the better.

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Vinny Cerrato wasn't fired until Dec 17, 2009. I still don't believe Allen will be gone and we'll have Callahan as HC next year with another terrible DC.

Different situation.

Shanny already had the coaching job, even though he wasn't officially hired until January.

If you are hiring a real gm, you want that guy place asap. There will be competition for head coaches. If the gm is hiring the new coach and isn't hired for 2-3 weeks; it puts us behind in the search for a new coach. So, that's why Bruce needs to go now; so we can get a jump on our gm search.

10 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If you are hiring a real gm, you want that guy place asap. There will be competition for head coaches. If the gm is hiring the new coach and isn't hired for 2-3 weeks; it puts us behind in the search for a new coach. So, that's why Bruce needs to go now; so we can get a jump on our gm search.

Oh, I have full confidence they will botch both potential searches, phenomenally. It would not surprise me in the least bit if Allen and Callahan were the pair next year--with another underwhelming DC hire.

8 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Yeah, especially if the cowboys win Thursday night.

If by some chance the bears are able to beat the cowboys (which I highly doubt) then we'd still have a miracle chance at the playoffs. 

Under that scenario I'd be wanting a win, but if (as I expect) the cowboys slaughter the bears then a win would just significantly worsen our draft position and at the same time give bruce and the current crop of coaches momentum for staying.

That would be the ultimate kick in pants which is why its probably what will happen. 

16 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I still don't believe Allen will be gone and we'll have Callahan as HC next year with another terrible DC.

I would be ok with this if it came with the condition that the division title must be won along with a playoff win ,if neither are accomplished , all three will be free to seek employment elsewhere 

31 minutes ago, c slag said:

I would be ok with this if it came with the condition that the division title must be won along with a playoff win ,if neither are accomplished , all three will be free to seek employment elsewhere 

I would have been fine with this in 2015 when they hired Calahan and then forced Gruden to design his offense around Calahans preference of RBs over Wrs. If they had just fired Gruden then, ok. But all this horse**** has gone on long enough with Loser Allen and now a decade later to pretend that this was the idea all along is just too much too late. The dumpster fire is almost burnt out already.

Archived