Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

14 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

1. His dad was George Allen.

That is the list in it's entirety.

Maybe add in the fact that Snyder is able to achieve whatever agenda he'd like by tightening the neck tie, which he owns, that's hanging around Allen's neck. 

18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The sad thing here, oddly is we don't even have the solo guys let alone a stud group.  No Paul. John. George as individuals.  Heck I don't even think we got one guy with a Ringo reputation here.

Give Eric Schaffer his due

8 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

I can't really give the guy due considering we really don't know what he does.  That's not necessarily his fault.  But it's a component of what maddens many of us about the FO, nobody really knows who does what.  We think he's a 'cap guy', not a football guy.  Maybe that's right, maybe it's not.  I'd be interested if the FO has received inquiries on him for higher positions with other organizations.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'd be interested if the FO has received inquiries on him for higher positions with other organizations.

When has any team taken away somebody from Dan Snyder's front office?

Has it ever happened?

Oh yeah, Cleveland :rofl89:

6 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

When has any team taken away somebody from Dan Snyder's front office?

Has it ever happened?

Oh yeah, Cleveland :rofl89:

Twice. Remember the great Morocco Brown?

28 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

If they put Schaffer as Pres of Football Ops, with a legitimate GM and FO structure below him, I could get behind that. Maybe hire Joey T the President of Keeping Snyder Away From Anything Meaningful? Appoint Dexter Manley as the VP of Do Anything Regarding Player Personnel And I'll Danny White Your Ass.

2 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I can't really give the guy due considering we really don't know what he does.  That's not necessarily his fault.  But it's a component of what maddens many of us about the FO, nobody really knows who does what.  We think he's a 'cap guy', not a football guy.  Maybe that's right, maybe it's not.  I'd be interested if the FO has received inquiries on him for higher positions with other organizations.

The Redskins site lays it out well what he does. 

http://www.redskins.com/team/staff/eric-schaffer/819b8c58-3134-48d7-b525-8fa34651542c

17 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

I wonder how often Snyder reviews Allen's performance and what he believes are the reasons to keep him around? Would love to hear the reasons.

1. Redskins Legacy? Check.

2. Has corporate experience? Check.

3. Strong network and ties in the league? Check.

4. Political connections in the Metro area? Check.

Honestly, I don't think he really needs to know football to keep his job. Given Snyder's history, the idea of hiring someone strictly for their football experience and acumen is a concept totally absurd to him, like the idea of promoting the in-house guy with the most experience over the outside hire in a better looking suit who can quote Marcel Proust and goes skiing in Gstaad on the 12th hour of every Winter Solstice.

3 minutes ago, elkabong82 said:

The Redskins site lays it out well what he does. 

http://www.redskins.com/team/staff/eric-schaffer/819b8c58-3134-48d7-b525-8fa34651542c

It sounds like he's got too much on his plate if he's "taken on more of a leadership and oversight role within the club's personnel department" in addition to all the other stuff he's doing.  I'm not saying he's bad by the way.  It's just that quote pretty much sums what I'm talking about with the FO under Bruce.  Who takes on more of a...?  You either do or you don't in most organizations.  I don't even have to know that much about the guy to know that I'd be more than fine with him replacing Bruce.

This thought doesn't warrant its own thread and this was the most appropriate one...

With the bizarre circumstances around Josh McDaniels staying in New England, wouldn't it be something if Belichick has coached his last game with the Patriots and was looking for a new challenge? After watching "The 2 Bills" I would love someone like him to come in and gut the front office and build this place into a functional NFL organization. Imagine how quickly giving HIM full authority would have us moving in the right direction! 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This thought doesn't warrant its own thread and this was the most appropriate one...

With the bizarre circumstances around Josh McDaniels staying in New England, wouldn't it be something if Belichick has coached his last game with the Patriots and was looking for a new challenge? After watching "The 2 Bills" I would love someone like him to come in and gut the front office and build this place into a functional NFL organization. Imagine how quickly giving HIM full authority would have us moving in the right direction! 

I'd imagine the only risk you would truly have, would be him remaining in the background regarding day to day operations.  Maybe that's something he would WANT to do?  

2 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Belichick... would he be primarily a GM or were you meaning he'd also be the HC and other roles? 

Oh, got it. I'd want him to be the head of football operations so he's in charge of building the front office, picking the head coach, setting the culture, etc. I think a role like that would allow him to stick with the organization longer...

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Oh, got it. I'd want him to be the head of football operations so he's in charge of building the front office, picking the head coach, setting the culture, etc. I think a role like that would allow him to stick with the organization longer...

Hey, I'd be ok with it... for whatever that's worth. 

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

Hey, I'd be ok with it... for whatever that's worth. 

Of course...granted it's never going to happen, but I feel like that's what we need to help us. Snyder gave authority to the wrong guy and now we need a shinier object to distract him from Allen. I think our only hope is that someone famous and well-known is actually competent. 

While we are day dreaming, If I was Dan I would offer Belichick a percentage of ownership in the team if it meant getting him here. In whatever capacity. We need that kind of change here and no one could blame him if it didnt work.  

Archived