Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

5 minutes ago, c slag said:

Is this some kind of master plan Bruce Allen has with Smith and Cousins to pull a trade on draft day that will net the Redskins all kind of picks?

Keep dreaming... but I do see a tag and trade easily executed with Cousins.

look, having Alex smith on your roster ain't the worse thing in the world. Giving up Fuller and a 3rd is asinine 

1 hour ago, TK said:

Word is the FO is trying to work a Kirk trade to Denver.

Or what? The Redskins tag him and match any offer? Why would Kirk and/or any team agree to that? Makes no sense. The Redskins have devoted 100% of their cap space to qb at that point. Just silly.

I've been digging for trade rules too and a lot of misinformation from media right now.  Apparently, you can tag/sign/trade opening day of FA after agreeing in principal.  I still feel like prior to all this stuff going down with Smith, Skins went to McCarthy and said look, we're going to tag him and if you want to be free we want to execute a trade.  Go find a trading partner.

Just think, if Bruce had cut his losses last offseason, he gets value in a trade for Cousins.  Most likely to SF.  But because this FO tends to act like children, there wasn't any deal they'd take on that most likely.  Still, Cousins value was much greater then.

They could have turned that into Jimmy G.  Then again that would require Bill to have some semblance of respect for Bruce to ship him here.

44 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I've been digging for trade rules too and a lot of misinformation from media right now.  Apparently, you can tag/sign/trade opening day of FA after agreeing in principal.  I still feel like prior to all this stuff going down with Smith, Skins went to McCarthy and said look, we're going to tag him and if you want to be free we want to execute a trade.  Go find a trading partner.

PFT and Tandler wrote articles saying you can't because you have to absorb both salaries on the books of both Alex and Kirk to take that next step.  But I wonder?  Can't they delay the trade for a day or two?  Trades don't happen from what I recall until both teams submit the papers for it.

Having said that I wonder why Kirk would oblige?  With the transition tag (before the trade) the Redskins had the threat of keeping Kirk in the fold.  Now, that threat isn't real.

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just think, if Bruce had cut his losses last offseason, he gets value in a trade for Cousins.  Most likely to SF.  But because this FO tends to act like children, there wasn't any deal they'd take on that most likely.  Still, Cousins value was much greater then.

They could have turned that into Jimmy G.  Then again that would require Bill to have some semblance of respect for Bruce to ship him here.

Last year they should have made it the non-exclusive tag.  Then if he didn't want to be here teams would have had to give us something.  Now there is little to no incentive.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

PFT and Tandler wrote articles saying you can't because you have to absorb both salaries on the books of both Alex and Kirk to take that next step.  But I wonder?  Can't they delay the trade for a day or two?  Trades don't happen from what I recall until both teams submit the papers for it.

Having said that I wonder why Kirk would oblige?  With the transition tag (before the trade) the Redskins had the threat of keeping Kirk in the fold.  Now, that threat isn't real.

It was reported by skins and Fuller wasn't told.  I wonder if they didn't want the info to get out just yet.

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just think, if Bruce had cut his losses last offseason, he gets value in a trade for Cousins.  Most likely to SF.  But because this FO tends to act like children

A trade to SF was NEVER going to happen because Dan wasn't going to help out Kyle. Because, well you already know why. :) 

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Bolded is what I understand too is that since KC is an UFA he must wait until 3 days before 2018 FA starts and then they can negotiate.  The reason AS to DC took place is because AS was still under contract but the contract won't become official until the start of FA.  Papers are filed but we wait until then.  I don't know if McCartney is the kind of agent that would illegally (it happens a lot) talk on the side to other teams and have a trade set up tomorrow and agreed upon as an example. There has been a lot of speculation about Denver.  Plus, we have to fork over between $28 to $29 mill.  Right now we have a cap savings of $36,213,160 and this includes Smith's contract according http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/cap/

5 hours ago, Bonez3 said:

Keep dreaming... but I do see a tag and trade easily executed with Cousins.

look, having Alex smith on your roster ain't the worse thing in the world. Giving up Fuller and a 3rd is asinine 

I wish all of this was just one bad dream uggggh 

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Kirk's gone and we're getting nothing for him(except a comp pick in 2019). Stop with these ridiculous trade scenarios. It's. Not. Happening.

I'll bet that they don't get any comp pick because they are going to be signing some players to make this idiocy seem like the right move. Watch them add major upgrades to the offense and then proclaim victory when the offense looks almost as good next year as it did last year with 0 talent but Cousins instead of Checkdown Alex.

They still won't win more than 8 games though.

Archived