Makaveli

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Recommended Posts

This is a NJ paper below.  Ian Rapoport was asked on air recently how does Bruce keep his job, he just started laughing and said God Bless America that people like Bruce Allen can stay employed.  Bruce has surpassed Cerrato as a national punchline.  

 

I think he can gain a little traction back if he gets a stadium and leaves the team with some draft capital next season.   But if this Trent thing ends bad and they fumble through the stadium, wow what a legacy that dude is going to have.  Personally, I am not throwing in the towel that a Trent deal doesn't get done.  Heck I'd put it at 50-50 especially with the backdrop of this week being the Nationals in the WS. 

 

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/10/nfl-trade-deadline-with-emmanuel-sanders-mohamed-sanu-dealt-who-is-next-broncos-chris-harris-redskins-trent-williams-jets-leonard-williams-giants-janoris-jenkins.html

 

 Washington LT Trent Williams: He is still holding out, and Washington is going nowhere. Trading Williams would be the smart thing to do, but Washington rarely does the smart thing. Williams is under contract through next season, when he is due to make $12.5 million in salary. He is a Pro Bowl talent, so he would have plenty of trade suitors. And Washington is rebuilding, so it could use the nice draft pick haul it would surely get from a Williams trade.

 
Edited by Skinsinparadise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Bruce Allen is the epitome of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

 

As Sheehan likes to say about Bruce-Dan, the worst combination to have in business is the combination of arrogance and incompetence.   And that's Dan-Bruce.

 

Sheehan (and he's not the only one who says this) goes when he asked around via the people he knows at the FO -- Dan-Bruce are described as people who think their crap doesn't stink.  It's astonishing that they are that full of themselves but he says they think the team has just suffered from bad luck.  And as for their issues with fans-- to them  its purely a temporary thing that they blame on the bad stadium and about some bad luck losses.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

So they wont listen for Trent, but they're open for business on Kerrigan.  

 

And funny they say Snyder was asking for too much, not Bruce.

Edited by justice98
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce has made this into a personal vendetta with Trent Williams. He put the pissing match ahead of whats best for the team and for the player. 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone think that Dan and Bruce know how much disdain and hatred the fanbase has for them or are they that sheltered and surrounded by "yes" men that they're oblivious? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, justice98 said:

And funny they say Snyder was asking for too much, not Bruce.

 

Finally somebody got it right because Bruce is just a front man doing exactly the things that Doofus Dan would do.

 

What a coincidence!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Does anyone think that Dan and Bruce know how much disdain and hatred the fanbase has for them or are they that sheltered and surrounded by "yes" men that they're oblivious? 

I'm pretty sure Bruce knows. And I'm also pretty sure he doesn't care. Dan genuinely may not though. I've read in the past that he really doesn't keep up with and read a lot of press. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, VeroViper said:

I'm pretty sure Bruce knows. And I'm also pretty sure he doesn't care. Dan genuinely may not though. I've read in the past that he really doesn't keep up with and read a lot of press. 

 

No but he must see the signs in the stadium and i'm sure he's had people come up to him to let him know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VeroViper said:

I'm pretty sure Bruce knows. And I'm also pretty sure he doesn't care. Dan genuinely may not though. I've read in the past that he really doesn't keep up with and read a lot of press. 

 

So you believe that Bruce knows and doesn't care, meanwhile Dan is willfully oblivious to reality.

 

But Dan wants to win and build a better stadium for the fans. It's not totally 100% about Dan making money off the fans of a team that he really doesn't give a **** whether wins or not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first post on this thread...Have not read through many pages, but it seems like I'll be the only one moderately defending Dan & Bruce.....This is not Larry Michael, Dan or Bruce..haha.

 

The biggest reason We've sucked for the most part of the past 25+ years is subpar coaching and QB play....you can blame them for hiring and keeping certain coaches too long, but I completely reject the idea that these coaches have failed because of Dan and Bruce.

 

My biggest problem with both is their terrible PR...they have failed to create the narrative....they have let the media do that and it's been a disaster for them and the franchise.

There are other things not to like as well....I'm not saying Bruce is great...if he gets fired, I won't lose any sleep....In regards to Dan, I want the old Snyder back....I want him to be aggressive and fire people if they are not getting it done...don't wait till year 6 to realize Gruden stinks....The old Snyder combined with quality coaching and QB play = Superbowls.

 

We have not had good coaching and QB play (for the most part) since Gibbs left the first time.....I include Gibbs 2.0...I love him like everyone else, but he was not a good coach the 2nd time around.

 

If we just look at the last 10 years of Bruce:

 

1)  The first 4 years don't count....that was ALL Shanny....let's not forget that he hired Bruce.....The idea that Dan/Bruce did the Shanny's dirty is a joke.

    Shanny is a great manipulator....he finds media stooges to feed the public propaganda....in Denver it was Schefter...in DC it's Sheehan.

 

2)  The best drafts this team has had in decades were all drafts that Bruce has overseen...2014, 2017-19

 

3) Bruce has done a solid job with cap management and free agent signings.

 

4) I blame Bruce for hiring and keeping Gruden 2 years longer then she should have.

 

The Skins have a better chance of winning with Dan/Bruce plus a top coaching staff/QB then they do with a great owner/GM and subpar coaching/QB play.

 

This is one of the best jobs in football, because if you succeed, you will be a hero....if you fail, it won't be your fault....at least that will be the perception.

 

I expect to get crushed  with the above sentiment...have at it.

 

Edited by NYCSKINS83
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NYCSKINS83 said:

My first post on this thread...Have not read through many pages, but it seems like I'll be the only one moderately defending Dan & Bruce.....This is not Larry Michael, Dan or Bruce..haha.

 

The biggest reason We've sucked for the most part of the past 25+ years is subpar coaching and QB play....you can blame them for hiring and keeping certain coaches too long, but I completely reject the idea that these coaches have failed because of Dan and Bruce.

 

My biggest problem with both is their terrible PR...they have failed to create the narrative....they have let the media do that and it's been a disaster for them and the franchise.

There are other things not to like as well....I'm not saying Bruce is great...if he gets fired, I won't lose any sleep....In regards to Dan, I want the old Snyder back....I want him to be aggressive and fire people if they are not getting it done...don't wait till year 6 to realize Gruden stinks....The old Snyder combined with quality coaching and QB play = Superbowls.

 

We have not had good coaching and QB play (for the most part) since Gibbs left the first time.....I include Gibbs 2.0...I love him like everyone else, but he was not a good coach the 2nd time around.

 

If we just look at the last 10 years of Bruce:

 

1)  The first 4 years don't count....that was ALL Shanny....let's not forget that he hired Bruce.....The idea that Dan/Bruce did the Shanny's dirty is a joke.

    Shanny is a great manipulator....he finds media stooges to feed the public propaganda....in Denver it was Schefter...in DC it's Sheehan.

 

2)  The best drafts this team has had in decades were all drafts that Bruce has overseen...2014, 2017-19

 

3) Bruce has done a solid job with cap management and free agent signings.

 

4) I blame Bruce for hiring and keeping Gruden 2 years longer then she should have.

 

The Skins have a better chance of winning with Dan/Bruce plus a top coaching staff/QB then they do with a great owner/GM and subpar coaching/QB play.

 

This is one of the best jobs in football, because if you succeed, you will be a hero....if you fail, it won't be your fault....at least that will be the perception.

 

I expect to get crushed  with the above sentiment...have at it.

 

1) Misinformed

2) Incorrect

3) Not him

4) Fair enough

 

Please see my signature for instructions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, NYCSKINS83 said:

My first post on this thread...Have not read through many pages, but it seems like I'll be the only one moderately defending Dan & Bruce.....This is not Larry Michael, Dan or Bruce..haha.

 

The biggest reason We've sucked for the most part of the past 25+ years is subpar coaching and QB play....you can blame them for hiring and keeping certain coaches too long, but I completely reject the idea that these coaches have failed because of Dan and Bruce.

 

My biggest problem with both is their terrible PR...they have failed to create the narrative....they have let the media do that and it's been a disaster for them and the franchise.

There are other things not to like as well....I'm not saying Bruce is great...if he gets fired, I won't lose any sleep....In regards to Dan, I want the old Snyder back....I want him to be aggressive and fire people if they are not getting it done...don't wait till year 6 to realize Gruden stinks....The old Snyder combined with quality coaching and QB play = Superbowls.

 

We have not had good coaching and QB play (for the most part) since Gibbs left the first time.....I include Gibbs 2.0...I love him like everyone else, but he was not a good coach the 2nd time around.

 

If we just look at the last 10 years of Bruce:

 

1)  The first 4 years don't count....that was ALL Shanny....let's not forget that he hired Bruce.....The idea that Dan/Bruce did the Shanny's dirty is a joke.

    Shanny is a great manipulator....he finds media stooges to feed the public propaganda....in Denver it was Schefter...in DC it's Sheehan.

 

2)  The best drafts this team has had in decades were all drafts that Bruce has overseen...2014, 2017-19

 

3) Bruce has done a solid job with cap management and free agent signings.

 

4) I blame Bruce for hiring and keeping Gruden 2 years longer then she should have.

 

The Skins have a better chance of winning with Dan/Bruce plus a top coaching staff/QB then they do with a great owner/GM and subpar coaching/QB play.

 

This is one of the best jobs in football, because if you succeed, you will be a hero....if you fail, it won't be your fault....at least that will be the perception.

 

I expect to get crushed  with the above sentiment...have at it.

 

 

  Bruce Allen came here while Jim Zorn was still the HC.  After he got here he got rid of him and the Shanahans were hired.

 

 Ref.# 3 -- um, ok, did ya forget 2012 ? You know, where the league penalized the Redskins 18 million in cap space due to Allen's actions? 

 

 Ref. # 4 -- Gruden probably shouldn't have been hired in the first place; there were a couple much better coaches with much better qualifications. The Gruden hire was a payback for his buddy Jon Gruden. He was a JAG in Cincy, mediocre at best and couldn't get the offense prepared when they needed it the most; just like here.

 

Snyder is one thing; he's the majority owner, so until he's caught with his pants down, literally, there's not much that can be done.

BUT, a good GM can sit Snyder down and tell him he MUST stay away from any and all aspects, just stick to writing checks and let the GM do his job, IF he wants a winner.

 

Bruce Allen on the other hand? HELL to the NO !!  The current trip he's on with Trent Williams, well, lets just say it was this exact same thing Allen was doing in Tampa that got his ass run out of there. He didn't want to pay proven good players, and eventually Tampa tanked and Bruce was shown the door.

 

Its ok if you're an Allen believer, in fact you're just like him; wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

 

  Bruce Allen came here while Jim Zorn was still the HC.  After he got here he got rid of him and the Shanahans were hired.

 

 Ref.# 3 -- um, ok, did ya forget 2012 ? You know, where the league penalized the Redskins 18 million in cap space due to Allen's actions? 

 

 Ref. # 4 -- Gruden probably shouldn't have been hired in the first place; there were a couple much better coaches with much better qualifications. The Gruden hire was a payback for his buddy Jon Gruden. He was a JAG in Cincy, mediocre at best and couldn't get the offense prepared when they needed it the most; just like here.

 

Snyder is one thing; he's the majority owner, so until he's caught with his pants down, literally, there's not much that can be done.

BUT, a good GM can sit Snyder down and tell him he MUST stay away from any and all aspects, just stick to writing checks and let the GM do his job, IF he wants a winner.

 

Bruce Allen on the other hand? HELL to the NO !!  The current trip he's on with Trent Williams, well, lets just say it was this exact same thing Allen was doing in Tampa that got his ass run out of there. He didn't want to pay proven good players, and eventually Tampa tanked and Bruce was shown the door.

 

Its ok if you're an Allen believer, in fact you're just like him; wrong.

 

 

Shanny wanted Bruce hired...Dan wanted to hire Shanny a year earlier....it's a big reason they were trying to trade for Jay Cutler.

 

The cap penalty I blame John Mara...we did nothing wrong

 

I'm not an Allen believer..I have issues with him as well....he's not Bobby Beathard or Bill Polian...If he got fired I wouldn't be upset....but it doesn't matter who the personnel man is if the coaching and QB play is not good enough.

 

I think it would also be fair to point out that 4 out of 5 years of above average QB play under Bruce ; we had winning records.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kurd Cudins said:

1) Misinformed

2) Incorrect

3) Not him

4) Fair enough

 

Please see my signature for instructions.

If your comment is meant to tell another poster to go kill themselves, you go too far.

Disagree, destroy the argument, but don't go so far as to tell someone who disagrees with you to kill themselves.

If I misunderstood your intent, I will stand corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I hope SkinsPassion4Life, I mean @NYCSKINS83, got his Ownership/TP defending in while he could. 
 

This is his second duplicate account (literally rule 1) after he got perma-banned originally.
 

These types, ladies and gentlemen, are the types who defend Dan and Bruce. Think about your life choices and who you want to associate yourself with the next time you decide to do such a thing. 😛 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Well, I hope SkinsPassion4Life, I mean @NYCSKINS83, got his Ownership/TP defending in while he could. 
 

This is his second duplicate account after he got perma-banned originally.
 

These types, ladies and gentlemen, are the types who defend Dan and Bruce. Think about your life choices and who you want to associate yourself with the next time you decide to do such a thing. 😛 

I promise I don’t defend Dan or Bruce in any way but didn’t we all make the poorest life choice of all rooting for this team?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

I promise I don’t defend Dan or Bruce in any way but didn’t we all make the poorest life choice of all rooting for this team?

 

No I think most of us were fans of this team before Dan Snyder's marketing department took it over and then pretended to be actual fans that want to win.

 

Now that the stadium is the big focus of the marketing department it's becoming quite clear to almost everybody that it's really always only been about the money.

 

Yeah but "We're close"!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Allgoodthingscometoaend said:

I promise I don’t defend Dan or Bruce in any way but didn’t we all make the poorest life choice of all rooting for this team?


On a serious note, you don’t have to promise that or anything, that isn’t the reason he was banned in the past, I was just poking fun at the whole thing. People are free to defend whomever they like and it doesn’t matter how ridiculous it makes them look. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NYCSKINS83 said:

My first post on this thread...Have not read through many pages, but it seems like I'll be the only one moderately defending Dan & Bruce.....

 

 

1 hour ago, thesubmittedone said:

DimZealousHornedtoad-size_restricted.gif

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NYCSKINS83 said:

 

The cap penalty I blame John Mara...we did nothing wrong

No, he did wrong and we paid the price. He decided to use his “I-4 Off Ramp” strategy (symbol of his arrogance), while the League had advised all franchises to not use the 2010 uncapped season as a way to create cap room.

Shanny was supposed to have final say on football matters, yet danny boy force the stupid McNabb trade and sold the house to select RG3. :rolleyes::)

BA was the one who offered a five year $78 million extension to a 34 years old washed up QB, not the best way to manage the cap imo. He just did it again with the stupid Alex Smith contract.

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex Smith, Norman, Williams, Kerrigan, Collins, Reed, Moses, Richardson.

 

Those 8 players account for an estimated 50% of our 2020 cap space. Staggering.

 

Smith likely stays on, won't get too hung up on that for now. Clearly Collins stays as well.

 

We are heading towards a 3-13 season, optimisticly at best.

 

So Bruce and Dan, it's obviously a great time to start over. Clear the books of all this dead wood, accumulate draft stock, create upwards of 50mil in additional cap space, reinvigorate the roster. Give the younger core group of this roster a reason to want to be here. 

 

The best plan shouldn't be that difficult to see right under your noses.

 

How depressing, a highly skilled and competent organisation really could step up now and start the rebuild. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Alex Smith, Norman, Williams, Kerrigan, Collins, Reed, Moses, Richardson.

 

Those 8 players account for an estimated 50% of our 2020 cap space. Staggering.

 

Smith likely stays on, won't get too hung up on that for now. Clearly Collins stays as well.

 

We are heading towards a 3-13 season, optimisticly at best.

 

So Bruce and Dan, it's obviously a great time to start over. Clear the books of all this dead wood, accumulate draft stock, create upwards of 50mil in additional cap space, reinvigorate the roster. Give the younger core group of this roster a reason to want to be here. 

 

The best plan shouldn't be that difficult to see right under your noses.

 

How depressing, a highly skilled and competent organisation really could step up now and start the rebuild. 

 

 

SOURCES: After reading a impassioned plea by ExtremeSkins forum goer "UK SKINS FAN '74", Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen leapt into action, attempting to appease an immensely frustrated fanbase and in the process allowing those fans to know that the franchise values all that they give to the franchise. Without hesitation, the Redskins went and acquired RB Stephen Davis to reignite the spark that he once lit in the late 90's on a 6 year/$150M contract. 

 

The team made no other moves. They did, however, workout former 1st overall pick QB JaMarcus Russell.

Edited by KDawg
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now