Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Without a doubt, 4 minutes of pure, unadulterated, ass kicking.  I could watch that thing on repeat all day.

I watched it 3 times last night, filmed it on my phone, put it on my FB, and watched it twice again today.

I lost a lot of respect for Theismann yesterday after hearing him on the radio being an apologist for Snyder. 

"It hurts him so deeply," he said. "He wants to win so badly, and he is so hurt by this." As if he's not RESPONSIBLE for all of this. Joey T wouldn't even acknowledge that Snyder has any responsibility for the last 20 years because he clearly has some sort of socially beneficial relationship with the guy. People in that circle - if they truly care about the team and their own legacies (if they were players or former coaches) -  have to get some balls and point out what's glaringly obvious to everyone, even if it costs them a seat on Snyder's yacht. 

10 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

I lost a lot of respect for Theismann yesterday after hearing him on the radio being an apologist for Snyder. 

"It hurts him so deeply," he said. "He wants to win so badly, and he is so hurt by this." As if he's not RESPONSIBLE for all of this. Joey T wouldn't even acknowledge that Snyder has any responsibility for the last 20 years because he clearly has some sort of socially beneficial relationship with the guy. People in that circle - if they truly care about the team and their own legacies (if they were players or former coaches) -  have to get some balls and point out what's glaringly obvious to everyone, even if it costs them a seat on Snyder's yacht. 

I agree 100%.  Those closest to him, with the most influence, fail us regularly by attending the pity party.

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Breer

Their job isn’t very attractive right now, especially for someone who’s got good options.

And the reason why was made clear for the one millionth time on Monday through the in-plain-sight finger-pointing we all witnessed coming from that podium. The bottom line? Chances are, if you sign up for this particular job, you’re probably signing up for the same kind of ending that Gruden got

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/10/07/jay-gruden-fired-washington-redskins-bruce-allen?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=themmqb

Six years of proving he was out of his league as a HC? I can't stand Danny and Brucie as much as the next person, but Gruden was woeful as a HC, made the same mistakes repeatedly, had his pet projects that wouldn't be caught on most rosters and was stubborn to a fault... his own fault. Let's not act as if he was short-changed here or something. The dude sucked.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

I keep hearing that Dan doesn't know how bad his team is or how upset the fans are with this franchise and I have a hard time believing that.

I think when you hear that from the beat reporters its Dan's way of taking the easy way out because then he doesn't have to address the issues.

Does anyone believe this is true, I'm not buying it for a second?

You're assuming they pay attention to any of this stuff other than Brucie telling Dan "Oh, this is just a dry spell. We're close."

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

You're assuming they pay attention to any of this stuff other than Brucie telling Dan "Oh, this is just a dry spell. We're close."

Yes, I'm assuming his 3 children who are late teens and early 20's live on social media and are well aware of the bashing their father takes.

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Yes, I'm assuming his 3 children who are late teens and early 20's live on social media and are well aware of the bashing their father takes.

Or that they tell him... they could be worried about being excommunicado if they do... 🤣

Never thought I would say this about my beloved Skins but I am so pleased to see the national sports media jumping on the bandwagon, PFF, ESPN, NBC, etc and just skewer Bruce Allen and this organization.  Guys who have interviewed BA in the past like Peter King and Stephan A are going crazy on him this morning. 

It's just something that is impossible to ignore, even at Snyder's level.  #FIREBRUCEALLEN

15 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Never thought I would say this about my beloved Skins but I am so pleased to see the national sports media jumping on the bandwagon, PFF, ESPN, NBC, etc and just skewer Bruce Allen and this organization.  Guys who have interviewed BA in the past like Peter King and Stephan A are going crazy on him this morning. 

It's just something that is impossible to ignore, even at Snyder's level.  #FIREBRUCEALLEN

Are you able to post the Stephen A bit?

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I agree 100%.  Those closest to him, with the most influence, fail us regularly by attending the pity party.

I mentioned it before, with him making sure that a lot of the former greats of this team were beholden to him in some way

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Honestly, Williams could be the team’s best bet given Allen is still handcuffing this franchise. If he’s run out he will blow things up quick. He won’t be humble/respectful like Gruden. He will say how meddling the owner/his mouthpiece are.

Rex Ryan is another one. For those reasons  alone I support those hires. 

But let’s be real, I don’t see any possible way Allen allows that. 

As much as I can see Gregg Williams or Rex Ryan doing it, I can hardly believe this would really blowing things up for Dan and Bruce.

They could bash them all day long on radio, they would just sue them for money and do not care about eveerything else.

What could they know that we already don't. It's a mess, and both heads have no clue about it (or they do have a clue but just don't care at all as they're still making money and getting paid).

Snyder absolutely cannot ignore that fans are not going to games, and Bruce Allen blaming those same fans for selling tickets to get money. That's kinda like politicians complaining people are not voting and trying to find ways to force them to vote without ever wondering why they aren't doing it. 

When will this guy understand that they aren't going because our FO sucks, that team sucks and everything that goes with it?

Gregg Williams could bash them all he wants, they wouldn't blink at all...

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

I agree 100%. Anyone that acts as shill for Snyder is complicit in this debacle and, as far as I'm concerned, does not care about the franchise if it competes with their spot on the yacht. Anyone who spouts the "he wants to win so badly" line is a moron and/or a promoter and just needs to shut up. SVP outlined the sorry state of the franchise last night and took to task the absurd claim by Allen that the culture is "damn good." Someone in the national media needs to lay out how the Skins go about their business. I have no issues dismissing Gruden but it is all kinds of sleazy to leak the video of him on the eve of the dismissal. I long ago concluded that the team I grew up rooting for is run by terrible people at the highest levels.

I could see Gregg Williams taking the job but if he's smart he will know how it's ultimately is going to play out and realize its just not worth it. If I were Greg I'd be remembering the leaks to the media claiming that he took potshots at Gibbs in the interview. Gee, where did that come from?

Timing, timing, timing...

At this current stage of the season is not appropriate to share there are issues and changes that need to be made. 

If nothing is said in form of accountability during off season, then 100% deserve criticism. 

-

Archived