Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thank you Josh Doctson..Thank You!!

Taylorcooley1

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I got no problem taking a few years to develop a 3rd rounder.  Not a 1st.  In the 1st, you better come out and perform.

that's not the way WRs work most of the time.  Plus he was injured his rookie year.

3 minutes ago, PotomacGator said:

Not to be too cynical but he's just doing his job...finally.

Anyway, amazing catch!!!

To be fair a lot of receivers in this league drop that pass nor do they have the ball tracking abilities to have a chance to make that catch. Same thing as in the chiefs game which people hated on him for not catching that ball. But how many receivers in this league even have a chance to go up and high point that ball the way he did come down with it and if not for the roll and the face mask on that play he probably makes that catch. The talent is all there and it's pretty amazing and he's starting to out it all together. 

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Should we have a thread for everyone who deserves a game ball ?

How about Manusky, who's taken a **** sandwich, and turned the defense into Prime Rib ?

We used to. I don't really mind as long as there's a substantial reason for the thread and room for analysis. This could go into the receivers thread, but Doctson is still an important player for the team's future if he develops and thus could rate his own YAHOO type thread.

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Way too long to develop for a 1st round pick.

It is really his first season playing. He was out all last year with the weird achilles injury.  Cousin's has been somewhat reluctant to go to him with any consistency.  But I think down the stretch he will.  Guy proved himself today.  That was a 1st rounder catch IMO.  

2 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

It is really his first season playing. He was out all last year with the weird achilles injury.  Cousin's has been somewhat reluctant to go to him with any consistency.  But I think down the stretch he will.  Guy proved himself today.  That was a 1st rounder catch IMO.  

Thing is we knew about that injury.  And took him anyways.  This being his "first season" is our fault, not his.

6 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Got to throw up top to the guy and stop throwing it short, He can climb the ladder and get the ball. Kirks got to start to trust this guy or if he doesn't have the arm to it out there, IDK..

If Kirk can't trust him after that catch, I don't know what it will take. :) 

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thing is we knew about that injury.  And took him anyways.  This being his "first season" is our fault, not his.

Do you have source on that? I know he had a wrist injury in college but I have never read or heard anything about the achilles until he hit OTA's last year. If we took him knowing that then you are right he should have been taken in the 3rd round.

Archived