Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mass Shooting at Texas Church

No Excuses

9 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

What is a greater loss of freedom? Not being able to buy as many mass murdering weapons as you want or the apparent alternative which is a metal detector at every retail, restaurant, worship, school, bank etc 

The former obviously. The latter is an individual business decision which is often attacked by NRA cultists for creating gun free zones or intentional soft targets. “Shall not be infringed” is an absolute, but then all of the cultists ignore the fact that the 2nd Am. specifically relates to the 18th century necessity for militias to be involved in the national defense, especially considering that the Founding Fathers specifically opposed a standing army, and considering that the United States in the 1700’s had no industrial means to create the military hardware in the event of a threat to national security.

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

You said ANY, there remains many.

Just now, Elessar78 said:

I think the biggest loss of freedom is the loss of life. The dead literallly can’t do anything or choose anything.

Contemplating writing my church council about stationing someone at the entrance to just watch. Doesn’t even have to be armed security-just someone watching our backs while everyone is facing forward.

True, which is why we have so many laws forbidding taking most life.

A good idea we instituted long ago.

Just now, twa said:

You said ANY, there remains many.

True, which is why we have so many laws forbidding taking most life.

A good idea we instituted long ago.

There it is the twabot has just admitted that he’s willing to accept these shootings because the laws agaibst taking life are sufficient for punishing the murderers.

As far as the laws and mentally ill, I’m sure the NRA has gutted those and rendered them toothless. All so the gun indistry can protect the rights of gun manufacturers to sell lots and lots of guns.

1 hour ago, twa said:

I hear they don't let you carry guns on planes, they can do that for some reason.

wanna guess

My first instinct would be to save lives but then when I consider that you're allowed to own a killing machine that can spray 9 rounds a second into a crowd of thousands, it becomes a puzzlement.

2 minutes ago, twa said:

he was also prohibited since it was a domestic violence conviction.

This has been reported. When he bought the gun, he checked the box that said he had nothing in his background that would prevent him from owning one. So there you go. Nothing we can do about it. Criminals are still going to check the box that says that it's ok to sell them guns.

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

This has been reported. When he bought the gun, he checked the box that said he had nothing in his background that would prevent him from owning one. So there you go. Nothing we can do about it. Criminals are still going to check the box that says that it's ok to sell them guns.

What can you do? Criminals will get guns. I mean, some are so devious that they will go so far as to check a box, and the backround check is so complete that it didn’t catch that he filled out a form incorrectly.

Oddly enough that’s the same crime Flynn is accused of, filling out forms incorrectly...must be an epidemic.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

If somebody invented a gun that could shoot an airplane out of the sky, would it be legal?

Barrett 50 cal. 

Can shoot through 4 ft of concrete. 

One of my coworkers bought this thing for like 4 grand. 

If you could actually hit the plane in a vital spot you'd have no problem bringing it down. 

1610934_423374417824614_371493710124454508_n.jpg

10698034_342534489241941_507515129_n.mp4

But he wasn't dishonorably discharged.  He was a bad conduct discharge.  It was the result of abusing his spouse, but who knows what level they actually tried him for.  I believe a bad conduct discharge can be for  misdemeanor crime.

**EDIT**
Reading more at least attempted assault, which is treated as assault in the military so not a midermeanor, but still not a DD.

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

You're reading that incorrectly. You have to look at "White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, July 1, 2016, (V2016)". So that's 61.3% white folks. Doesn't say anything about male or female though.

missed the initial male portion of the comment

22 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Well, there you have it. It's not a guns problem, its a mental health and box checking problem.

Unless you're an immigrant or a muslim, then it's a totally different issue.

Immigrants and Muslims don't have to worry about boxes. They've got the color of their skin to solve that problem. 

Sadly this incident won't impact people's thoughts on guns. It's just going to entrench them further. Sadly, this incident will reinforce the mantra of, "Enforce the laws on the books." While there is some truth to that, solving issues like these are much more nuanced than the conversation after a tragedy. The problem is after a few days of spouting off talking points, the discussion will move to something much more important like tax reform and Hillary's emails. 

is there agreement in principle that if a portion of the population- whether its white males committing more apparent random mass shootings or radical islamists committing a disproportionate amount of acts (or via body count, either/or), that we as a society have a responsibility to ask why, and proceed to find a solution?

or are we just taking political shots?

You telling me checking the box means they don't check records?

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The one that engaged him deserves major props and probably saved lives.

Ya wait around for the police and it would be awhile.

Archived