Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

7 hours ago, visionary said:

This will do nothing, everyone involved knows this, but they have to look like they're doing something and so they've settled on this.  This is the political version of trying to look busy when your boss walks by. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Destino said:

This will do nothing, everyone involved knows this, but they have to look like they're doing something and so they've settled on this.  This is the political version of trying to look busy when your boss walks by. 

True, but we still should be doing this.  Some of them dont want to die, how they get taken alive.  You get convicted of mass murder, should be automatic death penalty, this isnt the same as not wanting to kill innocent people accidentally, so many of the arguements for not doing this dont apply here.

16 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Dude is basically saying there is no value in human life unless that human life worships HIS god. The same god that does nothing to stop these shootings no matter how much we pray. And wonders why people dont fall for this **** like they used to. Yall do it to yourselves. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/31/2019 at 7:04 PM, Larry said:

One?  

(Although have to say, I think "multiple shooters" is going to become a new cliche.  If it hasn't happened already.  Something that almost always gets reported, but rarely turns out to be true.)  

Columbine. Sorry if someone answered and I missed it. 

14 hours ago, Llevron said:

Dude is basically saying there is no value in human life unless that human life worships HIS god. The same god that does nothing to stop these shootings no matter how much we pray. And wonders why people dont fall for this **** like they used to. Yall do it to yourselves. 

If you don't own a bible or a gun, you should just be on the outside of the wall around his country 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Isn't cracking down on these private sales (or at least strictly regulating them) part of the reforms that have been proposed? So I guess the current right wing meme on this shooting "this guy couldn't pass a background check already, so no new laws would have stopped him" is actually bull****. 

Has there been any indication that this guy couldn't pass a background check?  I haven't seen anything that says so.  

In fact, I came into this thread to acution people about jumping on the notion that closing the "gun show loophole" would have prevented this.  Until I see something that says he wouldn't have passed, I'm proceeding with believing that maybe he bought it in a private sale because, I dunno, maybe it was cheaper?  

(Now, if somebody shows that he wouldn't have passed a background check, then climb on that horse and start beating it.)  

• Like 1

@Larry

AP: Texas Shooter got gun in private sale; denied in 2014 check

https://apnews.com/e7eb1dc5241c4daa9d93b58e826a93ec?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow

On mobile so cant be sure link is posted correctly.  

obtained his AR-style rifle through a private sale, allowing him to evade a federal background check that blocked him from getting a gun in 2014 due to a “mental health issue,” a law enforcement official told The Associated Press.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

the sad fact is that the United States has ZERO gun control in place at the national level.

False.

You could argue there needs to be more (and I'd agree) but saying there is zero gun control laws at the federal level simply isn't true.