Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

https://www.kwch.com/content/news/Off-duty-firefigher-stops-man-armed-with-100-rounds-of-ammunition-at-Springfield-Mo-Walmart-528789431.html

Off-duty firefighter stops man armed with 100 rounds of ammo at Springfield, Mo. Walmart

Police say the man walked into the store, grabbed a cart and began pushing it around the store. They say he used his cellphone to record himself walking through the store.

KY3 reports the store's manager pulled a fire alarm, urging people to escape.

Police say the man then made his way out an emergency exit where an off-duty firefighter held the man at gunpoint. At that moment Springfield Police arrived on scene and detained the man," KY3 reports.

*Click Link for More*

12 hours ago, Llevron said:

I still think im at greater risk to get shot by the police than a mass shooting in MD/VA so im going to roll no gun until these white supremacists feel like a legit threat. If I was a bit further south or if I was out of the house often maybe that would change. But my life as currently constructed keeps me away from large amounts of people so im not really worried about a mass shooting yet. 

If I was carrying a gun and got pulled over I might as well be playing Russian roulette. 

For whatever reason, I never knew you were a Bro. Lol. Just do what I do. Don’t disclose that you have a weapon unless you’re asked directly and your state law requires you to do so. Be sure to keep your hands in plain sight, make no threatening moves, be friendly, AKA act like a Clarence Uncle Thomas (see below for an example). Finally, and perhaps most importantly, remember that the constitution doesn’t apply to you.

6 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Image may contain: text

I used to think that gun rights would get taken away one day when we had a massacre so horrible that the country collectively said, enough is enough. Sadly, I’ve been disabused of that notion repeatedly. Of course, I’m the moron who just knew there was no way in hell the ‘Muricun populace would be dumb enough to vote a racist, sexist, morally defective, imbecilic devil like Tя☭mp into office, even with Putin pulling the lever by proxy. So I’ve had to re-learn P.T. Barnum’s old saying about ‘Muricuns.🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Out of everything horrible Trump does every day, nothing has filled me as full of rage as his responses to human tragedy. Seeing his grinning mug with that baby... I just get an overwhelming urge to snap his thumb off and break my hand on his face. 

And **** you too Uncle Tito for ****ing all over the memory of your brother so you could get this picture. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

A child orphaned because the shooter was inspired and motivated by Trump's hate filled racist rhetoric and now you heap on the insult by using it as a prop in a ****ing photo op.

Jesus Christ the tone deafness with these trolls is off the damned charts.

Remember when we were concerned about Presidential "optics"?! 

HA!

What a ****ing laugh!

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

A child orphaned because the shooter was inspired and motivated by Trump's hate filled racist rhetoric and now you heap on the insult by using it as a prop in a ****ing photo op.

Jesus Christ the tone deafness with these trolls is off the damned charts.

Remember when we were concerned about Presidential "optics"?! 

HA!

What a ****ing laugh!

C'mon man, its not like he wore a tan suit or something........

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Larry said:

Been true so far. 

in the short term yes, however in the long term I think the NRA has a real problem.  The number of households with guns has been declining.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/despite-mass-shootings-number-of-households-owning-guns-is-on-the-decline/   

The less people owning guns, the less they are likely to sympathize with extreme gun positions. 

I think once the baby boomer start dying off, you could see some real political change. 

8 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

in the short term yes, however in the long term I think the NRA has a real problem.  The number of households with guns has been declining.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/despite-mass-shootings-number-of-households-owning-guns-is-on-the-decline/   

The less people owning guns, the less they are likely to sympathize with extreme gun positions. 

I think once the baby boomer start dying off, you could see some real political change. 

I hope this era we are living through is the death throes of "conservative" politics... demographics are not in their favor over the next 20-30 years. 

But this era has also exposed some real structural deficiencies in our system of government that are being exploited by a dying belief system. Conservatives are *certainly* heading for a prolonged period of being the minority party in our country. Hell they already are. That doesn't necessarily mean they won't be in power though. Potentially permanently. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

How many of their membership are "lifetime" with people aren't alive anymore?

Add in what sounds like their leadership shifts money from their non-profit side to buy themselves clothes and trips and homes.

I'm surprised another Org hasn't popped up that is focused on responsible ownership with background checks, regular training for members, and heavy on what we wouldn't consider automatic or semi-automatic. 

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

But I think that one thing that distorts the numbers on this topic, is that polls and statistics don't factor in how important people think the issue is.  Just to use some made up numbers for "closing the gun show loophole":  

OK, so 90% of people favor it, and 10% against.  

But, suppose that none of the 90% are going to change their vote based on that issue, whereas half of the 10% will.  

Almost all of the politicians will do what those 5% (of the total vote) wants.  

I think when it comes to gun control, we're at least close to that situation.  Not gonna change much until a chunk of the 90% are willing to vote based on that one issue.  (Or at least, consider it to be the straw that broke their backs.)   

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So wait, a guy with a gun opened fire cause of road rage and another person with a gun came along and shot the first guy with a gun?

Am I reading this correctly?

Either that or drug related and the guy came along and shot at the first shooter.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So wait, a guy with a gun opened fire cause of road rage and another person with a gun came along and shot the first guy with a gun?

Am I reading this correctly?

The way I read it:

The shooter and his buddy performed a “pit maneuver” on a car.

The shooter then gets out and kills the two people in the car

Another guy nearby sees the shooter, gets scared, pulls out his own gun and opens fire on the shooter

The shooter and his buddy get in their vehicle and drive away

Police found drugs in the two dead guys’ car - it could be road rage, it could be drug related, who knows?

• Like 1