Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

It's dem gatdamn godless librawls!!!

Funny how after Oklahoma City we restricted access to ammonium nitrate.

After 9-11 we restricted access to airplanes and created a no fly list.

And in WWII we ran the Nazis over with tanks.

These ****ing people will believe ANY justification to keep their lead slinging phalluses.

0D2489D1-4AD8-4AF9-8312-AEC8DAE22E9F.jpeg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, visionary said:

Not that I've seen.  His supposed political beliefs seem more like a mask than anything else, judging by his behavior and attitude towards women.

Even if it's not a mask, if they want to talk about mental health it would seem to be more relevant here than El Paso. If he was in a state of psychosis he could have been on either end of the political spectrum and it'd have nothing to do with the shooting. 

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Thats the reverse of the nightclub ISIS shooter, who stated plainly why he did it and the narrative went towards “it’s because he was secretly gay” instead.  Can’t let reality get in the way of a good story.  

Politicians and voters would more effectively improve this country of ours if they focused on the problems we actually have, instead of the ones they wished we had. 

Plausible that repressed homosexual urges drive a young male to a state which leads him to commit such an act. I'm not saying that's for sure why he did it but it's not completely unfounded. 

1 hour ago, LD0506 said:

The constant shootings and predictable progunners digging in their heels makes it more likely.

Yea, because Sandy Hook couldn't spur change but this will.....:wtf:

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Heller will become the left's Roe

And Roe has still stood.  By the way, have you looked at the SC leanings lately?

18 minutes ago, twa said:

Dems complaining about nasty and personal :ols:

You should expect the Dems to act like demons, the GOP is supposed to be the party of Jesus....seems ya'll lost your way.

oh wait no, I remember this part, "you're not perfect, just forgiven."

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

12 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yea, because Sandy Hook couldn't spur change but this will.....:wtf:

This isn’t true. Post-sandy hook, there have been a series of substantial reforms at the local and state level on gun control.

There really weren’t any organized gun control groups lobbying in opposition to the NRA pre-Sandy. Last election, most newly elected Democrats in moderate districts were backed and endorsed by gun control groups.

Decades of bad policy isn’t changed overnight. It is far more likely that in the next 10-15 years we move towards stricter gun control than in the opposite direction. 

The NYT has an article out that is quite informative about this.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/04/us/politics/gun-control-laws-mass-shootings.html

Edited by No Excuses

Kind of unreal to think how the USA puts out travel advisories about going to certain countries during certain times, and right now countries like Japan and Uruguay as shown above in those tweets are putting out advisories about coming to the USA.

But hey, let's ban video games because that is what is causing all of this.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

You should expect the Dems to act like demons, the GOP is supposed to be the party of Jesus....seems ya'll lost your way.

oh wait no, I remember this part, "you're not perfect, just forgiven."

they listened to you and now you complain?

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Decades of bad policy isn’t changed overnight.

It’s not just bad policy, it’s cultural.  You’re right though, these sorts of things take time.  Change is coming.  The pendulum is swinging in favor of much tougher regulation.  The right is setting itself up for another major loss, something they should be used to by now.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

And Roe has still stood.  By the way, have you looked at the SC leanings lately?

I meant that in the sense that it will drive people to be single issue voters.  No matter how liberal, far left a candidate may be, the lure of cementing a liberal block to overturn Heller will be the cudgel to drive left voters to the polls.  It's a sad state of affairs when most of Americans agree on moderate middle of the road policy on these two issues, yet it's being used as a wedge to drive the party base.

12 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Video games are part of the problem. He's right.

Years of playing video games have crippled my joints and left me in chronic pain.

Of course I still have no urge to kill anyone.

This is where Biden proves himself to be out of touch.  Whack jobs will exist with or without video games or hollywood.  Pretty sure that guns are a necessary ingredient to mass shootings though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Video games are part of the problem. He's right.

Years of playing video games have crippled my joints and left me in chronic pain.

Of course I still have no urge to kill anyone.

I don't know about you but it took me years of rehabilitation and prayer to stop putting on overalls, taking shrooms and jumping on turtles. 

• Haha 7