Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

23 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Yet, by your thinking any one could be said to have a mental illness for committing just about any premeditated violent crime. I am not willing to change our justice system to allow for that. El Paso put on hearing protection, he's NOT mentally ill, unless being a MAGAt is a mental illness.

"Mrs. Watson, the results did come in...your son has MAGA.  I'm really, really sorry."

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

57 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

How in the world is he dominating the black vote at this point for any other reason then his relation to Obama and this myth Biden is the only one who can beat Trump?

Comes down to brand name recognition.  It's early and Biden has been around long long time, and he's been politicking black Democrats for a long long time.  He's got a relationship with the black vote.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

"mental illness" abounds in every major nation/society

so do video games and "violent" social themes/history, though the latter does differ more widely

mass proliferation/easy availability of every type of firearm, inc. high-tech rifles made for killing people specifically and with high efficiency,  isn't in every nation/society

notice a correlation that might be of priority to examine?

duh duh duh duh duh duh 

read what the actual scientific research guys---my people----do say...they sound closer to mainstream "gun control' people than elected gopers senators for sure  but it's not cuz of their political affiliation

True, then combine it with people that have no hope or that believe they can benefit from killing people.

7 minutes ago, twa said:

True, then combine it with people that have no hope or that believe they can benefit from killing people.

Oh!!! I see. The reason we have exponentially worse rates is mass murder is that only Americans suffer from video games, mental health issues, poverty, and hopelessness. 

Now, 

25 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Comes down to brand name recognition.  It's early and Biden has been around long long time, and he's been politicking black Democrats for a long long time.  He's got a relationship with the black vote.

what is a black vote?

23 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Its more pronounced on senior black people, especially down south. Being that close to Obama is a panacea for alot of folks in that group

Just now, Burgold said:

Oh!!! I see. The reason we have exponentially worse rates is mass murder is that only Americans suffer from video games, mental health issues, poverty, and hopelessness. 

Now, 

We have the mentality killing people changes things for the better.....escapism

most other folk have a foot on their neck , which is what disarming them is.

there is also more societal control and pressure

2 minutes ago, ClaytoAli said:

what is a black vote?

Something that must be suppressed at all costs according to the GOP playbook

1 minute ago, twa said:

I know you don’t believe this drivel. You’ll repeat it, but you know it’s trash. 

• Thanks 1

just to be clear, then i'm out so as not to derail the thread with extended tangents that may be better placed in another thread,  i'm not saying it's all and only about "gun control"....just that intelligent, precise, focused, legislation per firearms is the major place to start to my analysis, along with determining how to address the internet holes that support this stuff (the other major factor besides weapons-based issues) and better public education on existing data (if presentations could be done in a less-politicized atmosphere, so that's out for now)

and on my way out for now, i'm adding this very non-scientific anecdotal view that i don't advocate as some killer premise at all, but more food for thought/prompt exploration of facts/data given "the times have changed"

i was of elementary school age at the beginning of the 60's. we watched a lot of tv even back then. even in anchorage when we only had 4 channels and nfl football games had to be flown up on reels for you to see two weeks after they were played. cops shows and westerns  and war shows were all in their heyday. people were killed by the dozens every day. it wasn't nearly as graphic, obviously, but just the acts themselves, and often seemed to occur at the drop of a hat, fand or all kinds of reasons (like insulting somebody or bumping into some guy in a saloon).

as a kid, like most every male kind i knew, i had all kinds of army toys that caused death and destruction irl, and a huge variety of firearm toys from six-shooters to man from uncle sniper rifles to rayguns. and we all played war and cowboys and were killing each other and imaginary people alla time. and some people were worried about all of it then, too, of course. then in the late 60's we had vietnam war and protests, "race riots", the '68 dem convention, major assassinations, 4 students killed at kent state by nat'l guard, etc. and violence in our society was much in the news. but not these kinds of now routine mass shootings.

humans haven't changed in any manner to account for that, but some social things have.

number/availability of military style weapons, the internet amplification of such tendencies offering support and validation that didn't previously exist,  and that we have half our culture and all of one party trying to argue, down deny, derail, obstruct,  or overrule any further adjustment to gun availability out of unreasonable fears, $$$, almost-fetishiism, or just stupid "me get guns! it says  me get guns. me need guns, lots of guns, so me be as strong as other guys!" while at the same time dedicated to stoking division of and  hate of poc, gays, and certain kinds of "foreigners" and division, for at least since nixon in my lifetime 

so yeah, focus on the guns and how all this ugly other-hate is not only sheltered or denied, but encouraged and rewarded now, and by whom, instead of constantly, regularly, being ostracized by everyone and resource being devoted to actually xchanging something, or at least trying something and see

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm going to say this and dont care who it offends: Biden is making black democrats who support him look bad. 

How in the world is he dominating the black vote at this point for any other reason then his relation to Obama and this myth Biden is the only one who can beat Trump?  Biden is slowly flubbing himself out of being a serious candidate if he hasnt already, stop being lazy, there's 19 other candidates. 

You are propping this fool up and he doesnt deserve it.

I think it’s more older black voters. Younger folks and myself (since I’ve been 29 years old for far longer than I care to admit nowadays) are way more likely to be into the other candidates. So far for me it’s a tossup between Warren, Harris, Gov. Pete and the Yang dude. I’ll vote for a ham sammich if that’s what comes out of the primaries to go against Tя☭mp but so far, I think those are the only ones in the group with much of anything new/compelling going on. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Now, 

When did you start wearing blinders all the time?

What did you overlook while focusing on making this reply and others like it?

24 minutes ago, twa said:

Whatever.🙄 Let us know when you’ve figured out you can stop arguing in favor of  the right to falsely yell “fire” in a crowded theater on the basis of your right to free speech too. All rights have limits and the imposition of those limits does not always equal tyranny. Sorry to bust your bubble.

1 minute ago, The Sisko said:

Whatever.🙄 Let us know when you’ve figured out you can stop arguing in favor of  the right to falsely yell “fire” in a crowded theater on the basis of your right to free speech too. All rights have limits and the imposition of those limits does not always equal tyranny. Sorry to bust your bubble.

I'm all about limiting and imposing on others , I even do it to myself since I don't think killing makes things better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, visionary said:

He then led the audience in a chant of "Send them back".  Then pointed out the enclosure where "the enemy of our country" were accurately filming what was going on.  Before spending the next half hour announcing the horror of the brown-skinned invasion which is designed to destroy our civilization.