Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

Oh!!! I see. The reason we have exponentially worse rates is mass murder is that only Americans suffer from video games, mental health issues, poverty, and hopelessness. 

Which, we know, have spiked under Trump.  

35 minutes ago, twa said:

True, then combine it with people that have no hope or that believe they can benefit from killing people.

it's easy to say something like 'but there are people with little or no hope, yet who don't kill" but for me humans killing humans is part of life

and history is full of people whose lack of hope is part of what translated into killing others in angry and misplaced retribution, but their choices were made against a backdrop that didn't involve the weaponry available now....never has it been so easy for a single rogue agent to do so much damage, so we have these age old problem of people on people issues having been hugely exacerbated by population expansion and major recent technology changes in armament and social communication platforms and their ease of access, and especially lately, national leadership is another real contributing factor 

there have always been, and for at least a very long time there will be people who think they benefit from killing certain people and they may be right from their self-centered pov or wrong and it "wouldn't matter" but now we're down another tangent

one thing that is material is when you go to kill like that, one of the biggest concerns you have is efficacy---to not 'fail" in making a mark and the bigger the mark, the better (not unlike "jihadist/guerrilla/insurgent thinking")...and the weapons and their availability are maybe the biggest changes (technology and its distribution tends to be so)..

so the very fact that this kind of mentality these days can have dangled in front of them the kind of weapons specifically designed to inflict  maximum damage to humans at their disposal is newer and hugely significant..it's a draw to many a borderline case when they can imagine their potency, something they deeply desire,  is now extended so dramatically by this armaments and it availability

in some military circles i travel, most of the folks think this, too, even the conservatives in uniform, and  so do most leos i know..but i also know the "no gun legislation" people point to them as biased in wanting to keep the armament to themselves so their power isn't threatened 

1 hour ago, ClaytoAli said:

what is a black vote?

ballott.gif

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I've played video games my entire life. I've never had the urge to shoot someone.

1)  How long you been driving?  

2)  In baseball, things are pretty calm, most of the time.  You might win, you might lose, but overall, it's still OK.  In football you may rest assured that at least 17 times during the game you will be perfectly capable of killing another human being, preferably a stranger.  

- George Carlin.  

11 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

one thing that is material is when you go to kill like that, one of the biggest concerns you have is efficacy---to not 'fail" in making a mark and the bigger the mark, the better (not unlike "jihadist/guerrilla/insurgent thinking")...and the weapons and their availability are maybe the biggest changes (technology and its distribution tends to be so)..

We are certainly more productive with our advances/availability in weaponry and information.

Luckily most neglect another factor or two.

8 minutes ago, twa said:

We are certainly more productive with our advances/availability in weaponry and information.

Luckily most neglect another factor or two.

i was gonna add you seem to be of a softler, gentler mind on the wrongness of humans killing humans, overall,  than i do at times

i like to think i'm more of a detail/circumstances-oriented guy when it comes to judgments on that, but since that's what i like to think about me, it's suspect :D

maybe i should contact one of them there spiritual advisors

maybe  ms. williamson will be available soon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

i was gonna add you seem to be of a softler, gentler mind on the wrongness of humans killing humans, overall,  than i do at times

Maybe because I've had to remind myself more often.

or maybe I just like inflicting pain and manipulating them more.

Image result for we all got issues

So how long before we forget about these shootings while absolutely nothing is done?

I'll give it a week.

Still waiting for the GOP to start scaring their base that the Dems are going to take their guns away. Going to be super productive when it gets there.

20 minutes ago, Mooka said:

So how long before we forget about these shootings while absolutely nothing is done?

I'll give it a week.

Still waiting for the GOP to start scaring their base that the Dems are going to take their guns away. Going to be super productive when it gets there.

Just look at Virginia Beach. No one talks about that shooting and it's only been 2 months and a week.

It should have dominanated the news for many months. Now it's just a monthly thing and people move on. 🙄

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Aides: "POTUS, if you include immigration into this issue you will only draw attention to the explicit motivations stated by the El Paso shooter, we will gain nothing by injecting it into this news cycle."

POTUS: "Ok, that makes sense....."

.....a few minutes later

POTUS: "Leeeeeeerooooooooyyyyyyyy Jeeeennkiiiiiiiiinnnnnssssss!!!! Full send ****es!!!"

1 minute ago, RonArtest15 said:

His eyesight is failing, guarantee he read that as "Toledo Ohio" and not "Texas and Ohio". And look how big that sucker is! 

• Haha 3

Video games = gun violence memes are now hitting soc media.

The talking points have been handed out and now the time to watch the spin.

As predictable as the ****ing sunrise.

Nothing will change because of this.

The old farts and gun-cultists have convinced themselves that the reason these things happen is because people don't have Jesus. If they were just raised like they were none of this would happen. 

Hey grandma, tell me about this news story where the ******* were trying to eat lunch and grandad sicked the dogs on them.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
wow, apparently the nword isn't caught by profanity filter.
  • Like 1