Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

2 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Well, it's a good thing Dump got that travel ban in place just in time.

Good thing he relaxed gun laws too! We can do this all day with the ****er. And whats horrible is that he is going to double down. He knows he literally cannot lose his base and eventually he will be faced with these questions. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Seriously just stop. What possible hunting use is a semi automatic rifle? What the hell are you hunting, velociraptors?

If hunters are true sportsmen, then they should be able to get it done with a friggin lever gun or bolt action rifle.  Hunting with an AR is chicken ****.

Edited by stevemcqueen1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Seriously just stop. What possible hunting use is a semi automatic rifle? What the hell are you hunting, velociraptors?

Did you read the post I responded too?

Coyotes and such for one, but they are in general as useful as bolt action for most large game.....don't own one myself, but I do have a semi-automatic shotgun. 

6 hours ago, brandymac27 said:

But never have I ever thought about hurting another person regardless of what I have been through.  

Some people will say I'm mentally ill because of what I've been through and I would agree.  You don't just forget about **** I've been through.  But just because you've been through a lot in life doesn't mean you would ever harm another human being.  

I would never even think about hurting another person no matter how mad I get at them. 

There are a lot of people like me who wouldn't hurt a fly.  

Unfortunately there are others who really are a risk to society.  How do we distinguish between the two?  How do we stop this from happening again?  

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, twa said:

Coyotes and such for one, but they are in general as useful as bolt action for most large game.....don't own one myself, but I do have a semi-automatic shotgun. 

Yeah I read the post you responded to.

You might or others might find hunting with semi automatic weapons USEFUL but they are not needed. There is simply no reason for any civilian to own a semi automatic weapon other than they want to - and that’s just not a good enough reason when you see the results.

We have coyote and mountain lions here in the Phoenix area by the way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MartinC said:

Yeah I read the post you responded to.

You might or others might find hunting with semi automatic weapons USEFUL but they are not needed. There is simply no reason for any civilian to own a semi automatic weapon other than they want to - and that’s just not a good enough reason when you see the results.

We have coyote and mountain lions here in the Phoenix area by the way.

The post I responded to said no rifles at all to hunt.

The useful was as in dual use.

We don't need many things.

20 minutes ago, twa said:

I don't really care about semi-automatic shotguns but I'll take a ban and buy-back of semi-automatic rifles.  You don't need those to kill any legal game in North America.  If coyote hunters claim they need it solely for hunting them and **** about needing an AR to do the job, then let them be the ONLY ones allowed to own AR and let them go through a million hoops to get them.  The hunters who think they should have a right to hunt with the preferred platform of mass murderers are self indulgent losers and the price of them getting to own and play with their toys is we get a mass shooting every couple months.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

18 minutes ago, twa said:

BULL, I have a good friend who hunts coyotes professionally. He uses bolt action exclusively, and even had one built for it. 

The AR-15 et al is for guys who want to act like Rambo. 

1 minute ago, twa said:

Who doesn’t want many things?

Interesting stat about gun ownership these days:

Although total guns owned in the US continues to increase significantly, the % of households owning at least one gun continues to fall.  This indicates that most gun purchases are made by small segment of collectors, sportsmen and....psychopaths.  Ownership of motorcycles and electric guitars follow similar trends.

• Like 2

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

BULL, I have a good friend who hunts coyotes professionally. He uses bolt action exclusively, and even had one built for it. 

The AR-15 et al is for guys who want to act like Rambo. 

Bull that they are useful for them....I think not.:rolleyes:

I prefer bolt action myself....but others differ, feel free to convince them.

The thing about this is we know nothing is going to happen. Not a thing. We know the price of human life to the penny and we know it isn't as much as the profits made by gun manufacturers and distributors. 

Besides, changing laws won't be enough. It will require changes in our collective thinking - in our attitudes toward guns and the explicit and implicit power they hold.

But hey - that's hard and we got things to do and money to make so **** it, right? This is the "price of freedom." This is what it costs to let people (usually men) to quench their thirst for blood and live out their power fantasies. I'm sure a few "thoughts and prayers" will make it all better but actually reexamining the political, social, and economic elements that led us here? What are ya, some kinda pinko freedom hater?  

What's better than owning an AR.... a friend that owns one.... hate cleaning the damn things... and I was a 240 gunner in the Corps.

I don't actually own an AR, but I can't fault anyone for wanting to own one strictly for gun range purposes... then again, you can rent them there most of the time and you don't have to clean them lol

handguns suck at the range. Give me a Tommy Gunn and let me go to work in my leisure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reading some clown earlier with the tired arl rhetoric of 'Guns don't kill people. People kill people.'

THAT'S what you're up against. And they continue to be the majority. Not least those making the most out of weapons. 

Seriously, 'Guns don't kill people ..... ' ..... I'd of loved to of seen this lad try to kill 59 innocent people from a 32nd story hotel window with a set of kitchen knives .....

Hail. 

17 minutes ago, twa said:

The post I responded to said no rifles at all to hunt.

The useful was as in dual use.

Again, I read the post.

I’d ban all private ownership of firearms apart from very restricted cases (as is the situation in the UK for example). But I accept that’s not the majority view here and simply not going to happen. As for ‘dual use’ when one of those uses is the mass slaughter of innocent people (or guilty for that matter) someone’s desire to own an unneccasary object is heavily outweighed by everyone else’s right to not get shot.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, twa said:

I prefer bolt action myself....but others differ, feel free to convince them.

We live in democracy. If it’s working properly we don’t have to convince the minority who own semi automatic weapons, we have to convince a majority that having them in private hands is both dangerous and unneccasary. 

If if we don’t have a properly working democracy because of special interest groups like the NRA holding elected representatives literally to hostage and (legally) bribing others - that’s a root cause issue that also needs dealing with in the fall out.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, MartinC said:

A semi-automatic rifle simply means 1 trigger squeeze, one round fired. So very useful in hunting.  If you don't drop the animal on the first shot, it is very useful to be able to squeeze off a 2nd round quickly without having to reload.

These is a semi-automatic hunting rifle:

Image result for semi automatic hunting rifles

45 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

If hunters are true sportsmen, then they should be able to get it done with a friggin lever gun or bolt action rifle.  Hunting with an AR is chicken ****.

This is a semi-automatic hunting rifle:

Most sane hunters arewn't using an AR-15 for deer hunting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Popeman38 said:

A semi-automatic rifle simply means 1 trigger squeeze, one round fired. So very useful in hunting.  If you don't drop the animal on the first shot, it is very useful to be able to squeeze off a 2nd round quickly without having to reload.

These is a semi-automatic hunting rifle: 

Fair point. So there needs to be nuance in which specific weapons are banned.

3 minutes ago, twa said:

If someone like him decides to kill large numbers a gun ban wouldn't stop him.....which is their point.

Like their point has ever had any concern for horrific instances like this?

Their 'point' is wrapped up within that to continue to oppose any ban for their own self-interest/ preservation. That's the crux of it with many. 

Hail. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, twa said:

If someone like him decides to kill large numbers a gun ban wouldn't stop him.....which is their point.

A travel ban wont stop Terrorism but im sure you championed that ****. The fact is that a gun ban was supported by both sides of the isle it would have a much better chance at slowing these kinds of things and doing nothing. 

Simple rules - like the mentally insane shouldn't have guns. There is no reason to let crazy people have guns. Argue that.