Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

He looks pretty big! So cute!  Does Tazette like himq? Really, how could she not?!

Yep, she loves him, we all do.  But he is a handful at night, he will be super sweet then just get all this energy and start barking and trying to bite.  I know it's because he's a puppy and that's what they do, but it gets frustrating. 

We are trying to teach Tazette how to handle him when he starts doing that, she has a bad habit of putting her hands out in attempt to distance him from her and he takes that as playing and an invitation to bite her hands.  Also didn't help that my wife allowed him to start chewing on her shoes because "he couldn't hurt them" despite me telling her that was going to throw a loop into his training.

After his last set of shots (2 weeks from now), we are going to take him to his vets as one of the doctors there teaches obedience and training.  He's extremely smart, already knows simple commands that we have taught him.  I'll say bedtime and he walks to his crate at night, few other commands as well.  Extremely lovable little guy and as sweet as can be when he's not got the zoomies.

Again, I know he's just a puppy and they do that stuff, but man, I've said this before, it's a lot more work than raising my daughter when she was an infant lol

• Like 1

K9 off leash is what we are planning to use on Thanos @Dont Taze Me Bro If you are not against to spending a little cheese on the training, it has worked wonders for one of his dog buddies who was a fing nightmare at the dog park until about his 3rd class. Now hes following commands from people he doesn't even know and showing the other dogs up obedience wise. 

Fun story. Took the pup to the vet yesterday for a check up (hes been sneezing alot) and they gave us a new estimate on how big hes gonna get. When we first went that said hes going to be the runt of the litter....maxing out at ~35 pounds. Next time we saw them they said between 45-50. Now these jokers are telling me this dude is gonna be over 65! How in the world lol 

• Haha 3

Yes, Taze, watch the hands thing! My SIL did this with Dancer and she still sometimes tries to go after mine. 

I had a Dalmatian once named Mimi, she chewed the toe of one of my prize Frye boots and ruined them. Was majorly pissed. Dancer has never gone after my shoes thankfully. She does go after any piece of paper that is laying around if I go out.

• Like 1

@Dont Taze Me Bro, another suggestion is to try to wear him out playing right before bed so maybe he'll be too tired to bark.  Only down side to that is that it gets the human all riled up too...but you may only have to do it a couple times?  I'll run the kitties with the laser light and get 'em goin' right after dinner so they calm down and don't chase each other all night long...I swear they can sound like a herd sometimes.  :ols:  Just a thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

@Dont Taze Me Bro, another suggestion is to try to wear him out playing right before bed so maybe he'll be too tired to bark.  Only down side to that is that it gets the human all riled up too...but you may only have to do it a couple times?  I'll run the kitties with the laser light and get 'em goin' right after dinner so they calm down and don't chase each other all night long...I swear they can sound like a herd sometimes.  :ols:  Just a thought.

Great advice Mary :cheers:  Yeah, we need to run him more than we have been.  I can say that his episodes are starting to not last as long (seem to get shorter each day), but damn, last night he bit me and drew blood (right below my calf) when I was walking away to go upstairs.  LOL @ the laser pointers, I miss doing that to my cats.

• Like 1

Bitter Apple, no carpet anywhere near the crate, not near a wall. You'll have to wear him out before you go anywhere. Find out what to do about separation anxiety on the web. You might have to work up with short times away with treats for good behavior. 

He knows he did something wrong, his little face says it all. He can't help himself. 

My wife plays with the dogs like they are dolls.

Astro is a mellow fellow,,  to him this is just something to wear while lounging.
Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

Taco is a 1 yr old beagle, and as insane as any 1 year old beagle you've ever met. i am amazed he was so patient for this. It's pretty funny to me, because the way the costume's arms fall, he looks like he's either ready for a fight or he's a Michael Jackson backup dancer.
Image may contain: dog

~Bang

• Haha 6

On 12/28/2017 at 6:03 PM, Llevron said:

Just got this from the GF who beat me home. Notice the whole in the wall as well....

Anyone want a dog lemme know

Did you just adopt?

I had this issue with my pup as well. He ripped the carpet from the seam, and destroyed the padding underneath while attempting to dig himself out of the room ...

You should identify if your dog has separation or isolation anxiety. It turned out that my dog is not so afraid of being away from me or my girlfriend, but being left alone.

We usually get him a dog sitter or leave him with friends/family, and if need be, take him to the daycare.

Training anxiety out of dogs is really difficult.

Edited by No Excuses