Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

26 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Wear/find some kevlar

As soon as the chair says "meeting adjourned," I'm making a bee line from the book store to the 30th Street Station and back on the Amtrak to Harrisburg. No way in hell I'm sticking around for that - especially if they (God forbid) win.

20 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Foles had one great season when Chip Kelly took the league by surprise. The next year, he was mediocre, at absolute best.

Bradford, Keenum, even Austin Davis put up solid numbers under Fisher. Foles could not.

I agree with you about Foles, but if he wins the Superbowl and is available I could see a team trading for him. 

Also, QB performances while playing for Fisher don't count. 

17 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I don't think I said no one would trade for him. If I did, I retract. I was just dealing with the notion of a "bounty" for him.

Watch Bruce Allen get a ham sandwich for Cousins and then trade a 2nd rounder for Foles or Alex Smith.

• 2 weeks later...

I've said in the Pats thread, they will win 27-16. It will be a close defensive affair in the first half and then the Pats pull away in the Fourth Quarter to seal the win.

Quarter 1

Patriots 0

Eagles 0

It will be a defensive slug fest in the first quarter and for most of the second quarter.

Quarter 2 

Patriots  7

Eagles 3

Halftime 

Patriots 7

Eagles 3

The late Prince's Hologram appearance will be better than Justin's performance. No wardrobe malfunctions this time.

Quarter 3 

Patriots 10 

Eagles 10

A fairly evenly matched third quarter. Pats go into the 4th quarter with a 17- 13 lead.

Quarter 4 

Patriots 10

Eagles 3

Eagles score first to bring the game to within 1 point, 16-17.  The Pats pull away scoring 10 unanswered points.  Foles who plays well most of the game, throws 2 Ints in the 4th quarter; killing the Eagles comeback chances.

Final Score

Patriots 27

Eagles 16

MVP - Tom Brady

Well, good news is: I didn't have to go to Philadelphia today. Started snowing in Harrisburg so everyone I was gonna take said "to hell with that." Dodged that bullet. 

Bad news is: I don't have TV so I'm gonna have to either play "find the strongest signal" on my 15 year old radio or go across the street to the pub and mingle with all the local Eagles fans. 

Archived