Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins vs. Bengals

TSO

4 minutes ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

Is Doctson just really injury prone or soft like charmin?

I'm starting the think Doctson is as soft as a hot stick of butter. Between him and Reed they're pretty much regulars in the cold tub.

9 minutes ago, Alexa said:

I love Norman but he is simply not worth the money the Redskins are paying him. 

I 100% do. He may look like he gets beat frequently but the truth is QBs rarely throw to his side of the field and for the most part he is shadowing the other team's #1, usually 1on1. He's eliminating a good portion of the field from a QB's comfort zone. Now it's all moot if the front 7 gets no pressure as absolutely no corner could guard a receiver for 20 seconds lol. Fact is without him, who is to say Bree didn't still struggle. Could you go through the season knowing Breeze was your #1?

1 hour ago, Taylor 36 said:

For someone who likes prunes so much, you don't eat enough...because you're full of ****. ;) LOL!!!  (I couldn't resist).

The Redskins and their QB Colts.  They look great playing against second and third stringers and guys that will be bagging groceries in two weeks, so some of our fans think they are super great and should be the starters!!!!  Geez!!! Two of those three easy drops held onto by our starters, and Kirk's day looks a lot better.  But, that was against bonafide starters,so it doesn't count.

Nobody thinks Colt should ne the starter. Thats ****ing idiotic.

Prunes only make you **** if you have an awful diet and have no fiber, otheriwse they're like any other dried fruit. Dr. Pepper is prune soda.

1 hour ago, Gibbit said:

Joe and Troy look ****ed up

They just had to sit through a Redskins Bengals game, so....

1 hour ago, Hail2theSkins24 said:

Is Doctson just really injury prone or soft like charmin?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Alexa said:

Nope and he's gone after this year anyway. What a pointless signing.

38 minutes ago, thesubmittedone said:

Gruden just said Doctson with a "stiff leg", just wasn't feeling right. 

Elaborated about Doctson that it was the hammy/groin area. Not Achilles. 

I also saw on the twitter thread that Gruden had said that if this had been a regular season game, Docston would've played.

1 minute ago, owa said:

Doctson always being out is getting to be annoying.  I hope they don't start him.  He may be talented but if you're not playing what good is it.  He needs to toughen up or get out.

We have a couple of refined, high performance, delicate swiss watches in Reed and Doctson, what we need are more Timexs like crowder

9 minutes ago, owa said:

Doctson always being out is getting to be annoying.  I hope they don't start him.  He may be talented but if you're not playing what good is it.  He needs to toughen up or get out.

Gruden made it sound like it was his decision to sit Docston, and not risk his "stiff leg" getting worse in a preseason game.

At least that is what I got. It doesn't sound like Docston went to Gruden and told him he couldn't play.

Let's face it; Jay Gruden's Redskins teams start slow.  And considering the fact that we're breaking in a (basically) new Receiving Corps, there have been some misadventures this Preseason.  I won't deny that.

But I saw some good things today.  After that 1st Possession, I felt like The Defense played decently.  And The O got going in the 2nd Quarter.  Not too bad.

But everybody's panicking.  Not me, because I see a team led by a Veteran QB that's improved on D & has the most depth of any Skins team this decade. .

We're going to be fine.

@RandyHolt Well you're going to be happy to know I finally got to talk to McGee.

Asked him about his weight and what he was listed at last year. He said he definitely wasn't 310, more like 325 last year. I asked him if they had him gain any weight this year and if they asked him to play more on the Nose. Said no to both, they always had the intention to play him all over the line. Asked him what he weighs now, he said 330. So I guess he gained 5 pounds, lol. 

It was a pretty funny part of the interview... I'll be uploading the audio here eventually. But good stuff.     

57 minutes ago, Alexa said:

I agree.  He's definitely a top shelf corner but we're paying like a game changing corner and that's not the case.

Well I know it's just me 'cuz I'm in a different place today, but I was thrilled to just be able to sit n watch a game, turn off the stress/worry overload circuit for a few hours. After the last 72 hrs w/ my wife in ICU, there was nothin' the Skins were going to do -good or bad- that was gonna move my needle.

44 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

Let's face it; Jay Gruden's Redskins teams start slow.  And considering the fact that we're breaking in a (basically) new Receiving Corps, there have been some misadventures this Preseason.  I won't deny that.

But I saw some good things today.  After that 1st Possession, I felt like The Defense played decently.  And The O got going in the 2nd Quarter.  Not too bad.

But everybody's panicking.  Not me, because I see a team led by a Veteran QB that's improved on D & has the most depth of any Skins team this decade. .

We're going to be fine.

I would say the fan base is "concerned" or has some "trepidation" in regards to the offense. Not necessarily panicked. And I think that concern is legitimate. Last years preseason game no 3, Kirk threw for three TD's and the first team offense scored 21 points. And it felt like a continuation of the offensive momentum the offense had ending 2015. But this year, the first team offense has looked pretty bad, barring a few drives. I think there's reason to be somewhat concerned. 

17 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Well I know it's just me 'cuz I'm in a different place today, but I was thrilled to just be able to sit n watch a game, turn off the stress/worry overload circuit for a few hours. After the last 72 hrs w/ my wife in ICU, there was nothin' the Skins were going to do -good or bad- that was gonna move my needle.

Glad you got some relief.

41 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

Gruden made it sound like it was his decision to sit Docston, and not risk his "stiff leg" getting worse in a preseason game.

At least that is what I got. It doesn't sound like Docston went to Gruden and told him he couldn't play.

Geez, my internet went down when typing my response so will make this one shorter (and ha not as good).  I guess I long for the days when the guys seemed more like football players...willing to do whatever to stay on the field and make an impact.  These days, the guys seem to want out if they break a nail while typing on twitter.  I'm exaggerating of course but that is what it seems like.  Seriously...a stiff leg.  Even if preseason, that is a lame excuse.  I'd rather go with guys willing to put it on the line whether it is preseason or regular season.  This sort of thing is why I think we're soft and getting bullied on offense and defense against the number ones.  We have too many guys afraid to break their nails.

1 minute ago, shakinaiken said:

I would say the fan base is "concerned" or has some "trepidation" in regards to the offense. Not necessarily panicked. And I think that concern is legitimate. Last years preseason game no 3, Kirk threw for three TD's and the first team offense scored 21 points. And it felt like a continuation of the offensive momentum the offense had ending 2015. But this year, the first team offense has looked pretty bad, barring a few drives. I think there's reason to be somewhat concerned. 

That's entirely reasonable sir.  I didn't mean to condescend anyone.

It's my mistake, because I was on Twitter for the game & were saying outrageous stuff ("3 & 13 this year" etc.).  Yes, there are some areas of concern but I am sticking by the fact that we'll be fine.

1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

I 100% do. He may look like he gets beat frequently but the truth is QBs rarely throw to his side of the field and for the most part he is shadowing the other team's #1, usually 1on1. He's eliminating a good portion of the field from a QB's comfort zone. Now it's all moot if the front 7 gets no pressure as absolutely no corner could guard a receiver for 20 seconds lol. Fact is without him, who is to say Bree didn't still struggle. Could you go through the season knowing Breeze was your #1?

What??  They throw at him all the time. Do you remember the Bengals game last year? Do you remember Dallas? Giants? Teams do not fear him. Yes he is competitive as hell, tackles and plays hard, but he does not have the speed to play one on one bump and run. To me he's a 8 million dollar corner, no more. Darrell Green in his hey day was a true shut down corner. Norman isn't that and it's not even close yet he's being paid like one. 

4 minutes ago, Diehard Otis said:

That's entirely reasonable sir.  I didn't mean to condescend anyone.

It's my mistake, because I was on Twitter for the game & were saying outrageous stuff ("3 & 13 this year" etc.).  Yes, there are some areas of concern but I am sticking by the fact that we'll be fine.

Well, your first and most egregious mistake is that you were on twitter- which you admitted :)

im not overreacting, but I'm I'm not particularly optimistic at this point. Some work needs to be done 

Blog updated with @Spaceman Spiff's sweet pics of the on field action here: 

Also got the ES exclusive interviews with Roullier (great interview), McGee (funny stuff when I asked him about his weight, you'll want to hear it), and Fuller uploaded here: 

Hope you all enjoy! :) 

1 hour ago, perez24 said:

How did Rouillier look?  I thought he looked ok but I'm interested in knowing the opinion of someone who knows something about what centers should do.

I think the consensus is he had an overall positive outing.  Obviously we don't know how well he handled the line calls, but he certainly didn't look overmatched.

Archived