Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins vs. Bengals

TSO

Alrighty guys and gals... hoping for a good time today, we all need it. It's been a rough go thus far in the preseason. 

Got the coverage blog up and ready to go here: 

This time I'm going to spend more time in here, providing live updates and focusing on the trenches like I usually do. Let me know if you guys want me to focus on something in particular or ask a player/coach any specific question. :)   

So pretty cool deal, after I finished taping him like a weirdo I walked up and talked to him for a little bit. He was very nice. Asked him what he thought about the Redskins this year, said "the offense hasn't looked good, but I think they'll be just fine, question is the defense". Asked him about Dak and if he thinks he'll continue on his trajectory, said "he looks like it so far, has looked really good, but we'll find out". 

So, yeah, standard answers but I don't care, it was neat talking to him. We got in the elevator together and he didn't know what floor the broadcast booth was on. I told him I have no idea, I just go to the press box on the 2nd floor. He pressed every button said he's going to try them all. Once we hit the 2nd floor he said "oh, this is actually it". :ols:

So I had a good laugh with Troy Aikman. Fun stuff.  

Jeez TSO you give him a big ol smooch and thank him for all the paddlings he gave our Redskins in the 90's?

Just playin' I actually enjoy Aikman as a broadcaster. One of the few ex players that doesn't rely on being overhyped and reference his playing experience constantly. He also does a decent job of being unbiased. 

And I met the clapping ginger in Alexandria 2 years ago before our Monday night showdown (desean running backwards and fumble game). Even though he's a cowboy you can't ignore when opportunity calls. 

Yeah, to be honest, I've always liked Aikman as a commentator. Think he does a good job, which is a departure from many here. Made it easy for me to have a conversation with him, there were no hostilities on my end. :ols: 

Just now, Califan007 said:

Do I wanna know what this means? lol :mellow:

:ols: Nice. 

Dude is friggin big, though. I was surprised. Just super tall and well built. Never got that sense watching him on TV. 

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Why is it always mandatory in commercials for wives to be calm, smart and in control and husbands to be clueless dolts? lol...

Truth in advertising?

@thesubmittedone ah, i knew once you got called up to the bigs you'd be a star....i should've asked for 10% of all the money you'll make off this deal...

Archived