Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

7 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Biden's speech today was extremely good.  I mean, not that a speech condemning white supremacy and marching through Trump's enthusiastic embrace thereof should be that hard to pull off, but still.

Yup.  Was stuck waiting to see a client in a jail, and they had MSNBC on during his speech.  Was very good and is exactly what he needs at this point, when people are getting concerned about his age.  He looked presidential.

8 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

Yup.  Was stuck waiting to see a client in a jail, and they had MSNBC on during his speech.  Was very good and is exactly what he needs at this point, when people are getting concerned about his age.  He looked presidential.

i almost feel like if he got a young VP that he could put in front of him to do the dirty work I might actually like him. I can be tolerant of him working with the racists in the GOP to get **** done as long as hes got someone talking to the people who wont pull any punches. Maybe. 

I dunno. Im like Trump in the sense that I dont know how any of this works anymore. 

13 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Seriously, how is that important at all?  The places you call “wealthy areas” are also where over 60% all voters live (in cities), which comprise 3.5% of the land on a map. 

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-33.htm

And it’s way more than 60% of Dem voters. 

did you see the NY Times map and article?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/08/02/us/politics/2020-democratic-fundraising.html

Before I go any further, you should at least read that.

@BenningRoadSkin  I saw the map.  I can't read the article, I don't subscribe to the NYTimes.

Some maps don't reflect population density.  The Washington Post, which I do subscribe to, did a similar analysis for Q1, but expressed it on a map that does reflect population density and showed it as dollars raised, not who contributed.  And remember, Bernie had the best Q1 and was only 4th in Q2.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/09/geography-how-early-money-is-flowing/

The Q1 map reflecting population density looks like this:

image.png.237724d35689fffcf3c9c856cc147c8f.png

Again, my question is why is it important the Bernie has more donors than others in large swaths of rural areas?  Actually, the term used was "dominating."  How is he dominating fundraising because he has more donors in large swaths of rural areas, even though he is only leading in funds actually raised by a small amount (and losing ground) and not winning in population centers? It's so weird how things get spun. 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I dunno. Im like Trump in the sense that I dont know how any of this works anymore. 

It's kind of simple.

Biden isn't the best candidate for this moment in history.

Biden is quadrillion times more qualified to run the country than a moron who represents the lowest common denominator of society.

This primary is going to be miserable. 

What Republicans do:

1. Vote for whoever they like in the primary

2. Vote for whoever wins the primary in the general

It is that simple. I'd feel good about 2020 if Democrats acted the same way. Democratic voters can't seem to accept that winning requires you to be part of a coalition, one that doesn't universally share your beliefs.

We have too many people who are more invested in winning internet fights than defeating Trump. Sure, the president shows no remorse for inciting domestic terrorism but Kamala Harris was a prosecutor, so I could never vote for her because I'm a narcissist who needs to be 100% catered to. 

I guess I hoped that at some point people would accept that the only thing that matters is getting this terrible person out of office. The stakes could not be higher. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/equinox-soulcycle-respond-calls-boycott-owners-trump-ties/story?id=64844565

The Twitter backlash on SoulCycle and Equinox is furious and hilarious today.  There are one of each 2 blocks from my office, and I used to go to Soul on a regular basis.  Given both of their branding as inclusive and empowering, this could be very damaging. 

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

**** Tom Steyer.  The "He's rich AF and must therefore be qualified to be POTUS" line of thinking has been emphatically proven to be bull****.  

Too many people equate rich with intelligence/ability 

1 hour ago, PF Chang said:

This primary is going to be miserable. 

What Republicans do:

1. Vote for whoever they like in the primary

2. Vote for whoever wins the primary in the general

It is that simple. I'd feel good about 2020 if Democrats acted the same way. Democratic voters can't seem to accept that winning requires you to be part of a coalition, one that doesn't universally share your beliefs.

We have too many people who are more invested in winning internet fights than defeating Trump. Sure, the president shows no remorse for inciting domestic terrorism but Kamala Harris was a prosecutor, so I could never vote for her because I'm a narcissist who needs to be 100% catered to. 

I guess I hoped that at some point people would accept that the only thing that matters is getting this terrible person out of office. The stakes could not be higher. 

Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line.

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/equinox-soulcycle-respond-calls-boycott-owners-trump-ties/story?id=64844565

The Twitter backlash on SoulCycle and Equinox is furious and hilarious today.  There are one of each 2 blocks from my office, and I used to go to Soul on a regular basis.  Given both of their branding as inclusive and empowering, this could be very damaging. 

I think the backlash is disgusting, and any backlash like this urging people to boycott because of an investor or an owner's political views.  I agree it could be damaging.  Damaging to the employees at each one of these establishments if enough people follow the boycott, which is going to hurt people making their day to day living here.  For Ross, it might be a drop in the bucket if a few franchises (or however its structured) end up closing because of boycotts.

6 minutes ago, superozman said:

I think the backlash is disgusting, and any backlash like this urging people to boycott because of an investor or an owner's political views.  I agree it could be damaging.  Damaging to the employees at each one of these establishments if enough people follow, which is going to hurt people making their day to day here.  Ross it might be a drop in the bucket if a few franchises (or however its structured) end up closing because of boycotts.

We just going to act like this guy isn't separating families. Telling people to go back to their country. Saying Nigerians won't go back to their huts. If you're funding that why would I want to give you my money? The market is speaking. 

11 minutes ago, superozman said:

I think the backlash is disgusting, and any backlash like this urging people to boycott because of an investor or an owner's political views.

Yeah, bull****. If that was some strongly held belief of yours, you wouldn’t support the party you support with Trump’s targeting of Amazon, the NFL, and any media that doesn’t spin up a bunch of bull**** to pretend that he isn’t a complete piece of ****. One set of rules for the party you like, one set for everyone else... it’s the GOP way.

p.s. A free market used to be one of the tenants of conservatism before the GOP changed the definition to “do whatever the **** we tell you and like it.” If people don’t want to buy your product because you support a piece of ****, tough titty.

1 minute ago, Cooked Crack said:

We just going to act like this guy isn't separating families. Telling people to go back to their country. Saying Nigerians won't go back to their huts. If you're funding that why would I want to give you my money? The market is speaking. 

Weaponizing politics in such a manner will result in much harm....but feel free

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

You don't have to.  You have a choice.  A gay couple doesn't have to go to that bakery that was made famous by that lawsuit.  A person who loves small business doesn't have to shop at WalMart.  A priest doesn't have to shop at Condom Kingdom.

I'm strictly talking about that its an extremely dangerous game if people in positions (Celebs, mass boycots, petitions, etc) are continuing to demand boycotts of customers because of an investor or owner.  Because again, that hurts the people who make a living.  Not the investor who makes a small drop in the bucket.

25 minutes ago, superozman said:

I think the backlash is disgusting, and any backlash like this urging people to boycott because of an investor or an owner's political views.  I agree it could be damaging.  Damaging to the employees at each one of these establishments if enough people follow the boycott, which is going to hurt people making their day to day living here.  For Ross, it might be a drop in the bucket if a few franchises (or however its structured) end up closing because of boycotts.

People have a 100% right to use or not use service providers in accordance with their own values.  If SoulCycle and Equinox decline, FlyWheel and 100 different gyms will take their place (and the associated jobs).  It's especially hypocritical when SoulCycle's entire brand is all about inclusivity and positivity, for its chairperson to raise money for Trump, a person who spends every single day fanning the flames of intolerance.  

12 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yeah, bull****. If that was some strongly held belief of yours, you wouldn’t support the party you support with Trump’s targeting of Amazon, the NFL, and any media that doesn’t spin up a bunch of bull**** to pretend that he isn’t a complete piece of ****. One set of rules for the party you like, one set for everyone else... it’s the GOP way.

Well this escalated quickly. 

I'm not sure how this boiled down to party support?  And I mean this in a serious and not to sound mean, but I'm not sure this is a cohesive response, I don't know how to respond to it.  But willing to have a discussion on it if you want.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Too many people equate rich with intelligence/ability 

Lyrics from If I Were a Rich Man, Fiddler on the Roof

The most important men in town will come to fawn on me
They will ask me to advise them,
Like a Solomon the Wise
"If you please, Reb Tevye?"
"Pardon me, Reb Tevye?"
Posing problems that would cross a rabbi's eyes

Ya va voy, ya va voy voy vum

And it won't make one bit of difference
If I answer right or wrong
When you're rich they think you really know.

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

People have a 100% right to use or not use service providers in accordance with their own values.  If SoulCycle and Equinox decline, FlyWheel and 100 different gyms will take their place (and the associated jobs).  It's especially hypocritical when SoulCycle's entire brand is all about inclusivity and positivity, for its chairperson to raise money for Trump, a person who spends every single day fanning the flames of intolerance.  

Correct, people can use or not use (and I think my post says that, but you were probably typing yours when mine came through).  I just think these trendy boycott this, celebs demand  you don't use this, etc is extremely dangerous.

For the next piece what your saying is that it's ok for those gyms to close, because a new gym will move in and those people will get the same exact $ and benefits in those new places?  And they won't go without a job for much time?  I think that's wishful thinking, but we can differ there.

8 minutes ago, superozman said:

Well this escalated quickly. 

I'm not sure how this boiled down to party support?  And I mean this in a serious and not to sound mean, but I'm not sure this is a cohesive response, I don't know how to respond to it.  But willing to have a discussion on it if you want.

Wait a minute, are you the same guy that I thought was a right wing troll a couple weeks ago? Did there used to be another ozman or something on here that was because somehow your screen name triggers me.

Archived