Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Biden is the definition of a "meh" candidate. I mean, I'll still vote for him if its him or Trump, but seriously if that's the best the Dems can do they deserve to lose again...

I think a lot voters want a little "meh" after the madness of Trump

5 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

I think a lot voters want a little "meh" after the madness of Trump

I would.  If I thought there was a chance in Dallas that "meh" would lead to a de-escalation of the hate.  

Not a chance.  

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He can dominate fundraising all he wants,,he isn't becoming president.

In any event, Bernie isn't dominating anything.  The most recent quarter Bernie was outraised by Mayor Pete, Warren and Biden.  Overall, he is not significantly ahead of Warren or Mayor Pete, so that map seems very misleading.  Biden has some catching up to do because he raised zero in the first quarter.  Bernie had a big advantage in that he's been running nonstop since 2015, but he's fallen back to the back and has been overtaken by more capable, likable and interesting candidates.  

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In any event, Bernie isn't dominating anything.  The most recent quarter Bernie was outraised by Mayor Pete, Warren and Biden.  Overall, he is not significantly ahead of Warren or Mayor Pete, so that map seems very misleading.    

Wait, what?

The map is about where the donations are coming from. Biden and Buttigieg are concentrated in wealthy areas while Bernie is getting money from all over the country.

45 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Biden's speech today was extremely good.  I mean, not that a speech condemning white supremacy and marching through Trump's enthusiastic embrace thereof should be that hard to pull off, but still.

Biden can give a really good speech when he's fired up.  Remember the convention? 

He's been kind of just going through the motions a lot during his campaign though. 

Maybe that's changed now.  We'll see,  A few of the candidates seem to have more intensity after the shootings.

tim ryan's made a lot of solid commentary lately and when he got emotional about these shootings he was blunt, cursing on camera, but remained coherent and on point and seemed sincere more than opportunistic

been kinda disappointed in harris and also booker these last few months cuz i had them ranked high some time back, but booker started to slip with me during the kavanaugh hearings---the spartacus moment was painful----and harris has just been more flustered, flip-floppy, and unconvincing than i'd expected and it surprises me given her prosecutorial skills and her work i've seen on committees...but i'm still very open to them and still have a very positive take on them overall

Harris always was going to have trouble with some of her prosecutorial decisions back in the day. She also never seemed the strongest on policy. She came out of the gate with a couple of weird proposals, like a quasi income guarantee that was riddled with problems. I thought she might get better, she hasn't so far. And it's going to be tough now. It's rare that a candidate could have their "moment" like she did, fade and then have another moment to rise. We'll see.

I never thought Booker was a contender. His only real hope was, and is, that Harris implodes and the black vote abandons Biden and he can then pick up large amounts of it.

I think Booker has done pretty good, (probably better than expected coming in) during the debates, but it hasn't carried over to the rest of his campaign at all and he's picked up no support in the polls so far.

People seems pretty set on Biden, Bernie, and Warren at the top right now.

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Wait, what?

The map is about where the donations are coming from. Biden and Buttigieg are concentrated in wealthy areas while Bernie is getting money from all over the country.

Seriously, how is that important at all?  The places you call “wealthy areas” are also where over 60% all voters live (in cities), which comprise 3.5% of the land on a map. 

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2015/cb15-33.htm

And it’s way more than 60% of Dem voters. 

Archived