Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, tshile said:

Of course lost in all of this are actual issues that plague communities Democrats don’t really make any attempt to appeal to. 

This isn't really true.

The Democrats absolutely have made efforts to appeal to those communities in terms of job programs and training and etc (e.g. Democrats proposed a bill under Obama to clean up old coal mines and help prevent pollution from them.  It would have made the environment cleaner and safer and created jobs.  McConnell wouldn't even let it come to a vote in the Senate.).

Obama called for more money to be spend on the opioid epidemic for treatment.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/288943-obama-signs-opioid-bill

And Hillary had a whole detail plan.

21 hours ago, tshile said:

There is the same element on the pro-choice side. I have no idea what the % would be. 

Guns has the same thing, again on both sides. Again, not sure the % of each. 

The only other topic I can think of that has a sizable % that behaves that way would be some people on the Israel issue 

21 hours ago, mcsluggo said:

i think all other "issue-blocks"  would sometimes tolerate somebody that mostly aligns with them on a broad array of issues, but is broadly "agnostic" on one specific issue they hold strongly.   (for instance... tries not to take a side on abortion, but is not overtly hostile to their pro-choice views).   

the most vehement Anti-abortion groups will have NONE of that.   its a litmus test, 100% with-us-or-you-are-against-us issue.

A recent single-issue bloc is the "Get Trump the Hell Out of the White House" bloc.  I am firmly in that camp.  I would vote for literally anybody without a murder conviction over Donald Trump right now. 

Edit: After reflection, I would probably vote for the convicted murderer too.

7 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

This isn't really true.

You should see what the dem voters have to save about those people. 

You can find some of it on this board. 

Ill make sure to tell the next one I’m talking to that they should be ok with all the insults and such that they should look past it all because by Obama and Hillary had a plan. 

40 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Thats fair. i did intentionally paint this with a broad brush because I am a bit uncomfortable saying 'white women' even though I recognize that is the reality here. Im not sure when its appropriate or not. I dont know at this point if it is helpful or not. Calling them out could make them see the light or it could drive them further from it. At this point im not sure which is more likely. 

It's totally appropriate.  The reason I posted 2 links was because one (538) was about all women, the Vox one was about white women.

Using the figures from those 2 articles together, 59% of ALL women voted Democrat in 2018, but only 49% of WHITE women voted Democrat.  That means that somewhere around 80-85% of non-white women voted Democrat.  

23 minutes ago, tshile said:

You should see what the dem voters have to save about those people. 

You can find some of it on this board. 

Ill make sure to tell the next one I’m talking to that they should be ok with all the insults and such that they should look past it all because by Obama and Hillary had a plan. 

People that are racist, bigots, and/or ignorant should be called out for the racism, bigotry, and ignorance.

People that freely associate with racists, bigots, and/or ignorant for some other gain should be called out for it.

That doesn't mean we also can't recognize those people have problems and attempt to help them.

What you said is false.  Democrats (locally and nationally) have suggested and tried to implement many programs to help these communities.

That also doesn't mean that we can't recognize they have problems and help them.

@BenningRoadSkin telling you, that second day lineup looks like a group that won't be ready to go after Harris with a setup for another Harris/Biden show-down.  I know you predicted the opposite, but those single digit bammas ain't bout that life and Harris going to be on that stage by herself with Biden, she might as well go after him again since he's still the front runner.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

@BenningRoadSkin telling you, that second day lineup looks like a group that won't be ready to go after Harris with a setup for another Harris/Biden show-down.  I know you predicted the opposite, but those single digit bammas ain't bout that life and Harris going to be on that stage by herself with Biden, she might as well go after him again since he's still the front runner.

I think because they are low digit, they will go after Kamala and Biden. They are desperate and this is their last chance.

PS, CNN is an absolute clown show for having an effing lottery for the debate. Just put it out. No one gave an eff.

I can stand corporate media making everything a damn horse race.

18 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I think because they are low digit, they will go after Kamala and Biden. They are desperate and this is their last chance.

It'll be a competition to say the stupidest **** possible, somebody has to stop this.

18 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

PS, CNN is an absolute clown show for having an effing lottery for the debate. Just put it out. No one gave an eff.

I can stand corporate media making everything a damn horse race.

I agree 110% with you on this, said that when I first heard about it.  I absolutely believe cable news played a fault in Trump getting elected by having him up for entertainment.  Their insistence to entertain us is destroying our democracy

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

She's going to eviscerate Joe.  His campaign should go into a tailspin after she crushes him.

On 7/18/2019 at 7:34 AM, TheGreatBuzz said:

I used to get pissed when people would try to find some way to label me pro-trump.  Now?  Meh, I think I've built up my anti-trump street cred enough.  You want to try to label me as something I'm so obviously not? Whatever.  

Said for a while now that Trump would win again because the Left tries to go too far left.  Blame me if it makes you feel better.  Always seems like Dems live in a house without mirrors.

Also, I've said before I think our government is broken and done.  You could resurrect the best leader in all of history and they wouldn't be able to fix this mess.  So at the end of the day, I don't think 2020 really even matters that much.

That's an excuse you've taught yourself to insulate you from your complicity. It's a natural mental defense mechanism, I get it, but people who are aware and mature realize when their brains are ****ing with them. 

Here are your choices if you are anti-Trump:

1. Vote against him in a meaningful way that will actually help get him out of office.

2. There is no 2.

If you do anything other than that then you've decided that Trump isn't really that bad, and that you can tolerate another four years of the last three years.

49 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

That's an excuse you've taught yourself to insulate you from your complicity. It's a natural mental defense mechanism, I get it, but people who are aware and mature realize when their brains are ****ing with them. 

Here are your choices if you are anti-Trump:

1. Vote against him in a meaningful way that will actually help get him out of office.

2. There is no 2.

If you do anything other than that then you've decided that Trump isn't really that bad, and that you can tolerate another four years of the last three years.

Meh....that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.  But remember opinions are like assholes etc......

I'm going to post this here since it ties to the election.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/18/742981792/why-do-some-trump-supporters-avoid-the-word-racist-one-expert-explains

NRP morning edition had a scholar of racism on to discuss how we discuss racism, why it's hard, and how we're screwing it up. I thought it was interesting. It's only 7 minutes long, so I realize people who are into the subject will probably find this incredibly basic and obvious; you're not the target audience for it.

I certainly always thought of the word 'racist' as a label; particularly one people can't really change (you either think others are inferior because of their skin color/culture, or you don't... and to me I don't see how that changes... you can say you've changed, but i have the feeling underneath you haven't...)

thinking of it as an idea you can change, and that it doesn't necessarily mean you're a bad person to the core, is an interesting way of seeing things.  it would certainly make it easier to discuss if everyone saw it that way.

43 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Meh....that's your opinion and you are entitled to it.  But remember opinions are like assholes etc......

It's hilarious to watch. They've chosen this moment to push their policies hard core. Trump is so bad, you must choose us! Wait... They must choose us.... we better take full advantage of that...

They want to run an election on hard-left ideology, take all the anti-trump support they get, and declare 'See, the country wants THESE ideas. They support THESE ideas. We now have a mandate!"

Then we complain that we don't like those things and can't vote for them.

So they pretend that's not what it's about, and then try to beat us over the head about how terrible Trump is. They think we're too stupid to see what they're doing.

Never once will it cross their minds that their decision to take political advantage of the situation (Use how awful trump is to push their policy agendas) places (some of the) responsibility on them for the outcome. They are completely obvlivious to the fact that some people may hate trump, but also hate their policies, and might be willing to take 4 more years of Trump (which at this point, we know what that is) over possibly 8 years dems with control and a very progressive platform (which we don't know what that will look like, and they can tell us all day long 'yeah but we can't pass these policies' but that's just as much bull**** as the GOP telling us 'yeah but we wont let that tax cut expire.')

It's 2016 all over again. "Don't choose that candidate, she sucks, and I won't vote for her."  "She's awesome and you're just stupid!" *election* "Told you she sucked..." " No ,you're just racist!" "......"

A “hard left agenda” wouldn’t even pass a Dem controlled house and it’s probably unlikely that the Dems win the Senate anyways. 

You guys are being seriously overdramatic vote divas. Besides Bernie, every other Dem candidate would run your standard liberal administration. If you think that is somehow equivalent in terms of badness to the current ****show so be it. 

The political paradigm has veered so far to the right, that asking for what other industrialized countries have is considered “hard-left.”

Some how this:

is crazy and leftist. So instead let’s move more towards the right and help out our corporate lords. 

This country has lost its minds.

That includes some of you who think you are on the left but only as far as neoliberalism takes you left.

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

It's also interesting how the goalposts keep getting moved by admitted ex-republicans. 

They wouldn't vote for a mostly conservative Democrat in 2016. So what Democrat would they actually ever vote for in 2020?

They are only interested in voting for Republicans who do what Trump does but isn’t crass. But more than anything else, they are attention whores because they have no home so they tell everyone they have no home. They also aren’t as big a group as they want to believe. Democrats should not listen to “Never trump” conservatives.

Archived