Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

I just want to say I don’t like this. At all. I don’t think a decision to bring a vote to impeach anyone should be based on how it impacts their re-election bid. 

I understand why you say/think that. I get it. I still don’t like it. 

It's Machiavellian, for sure.  The times call for that IMO.  I wouldn't say it in a world where, even if I disagreed vehemently with the POTUS on policy, he was not actually assaulting most of the underpinnings of our society and place in the world order.  

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'm all in on Warren. She looks great for 70 as well and I think the "America's mom looking out for us" type of image is going to play well in the general to coincide with all of fantastic policies. 

I'd be happy with Warren although she's not my first or second choice. I just wonder if she can really get the people out to vote. Or will the growing anti-Trump movement do that for her?

Strategically, a Warren/Tim Ryan ticket would be interesting as it would force the GOP to heavily campaign in Ohio.

Edit..the same could be said for Castro and Texas...although the Dems have a better shot at Ohio.

9 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Edit..the same could be said for Castro and Texas...although the Dems have a better shot at Ohio.

There is good reason Castro ain't running for Senate here :pint:

Advanced issues found

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Castro is a fraud imo. He's not some hugely popular candidate even in Texas and ran away from statewide elections to protect his resume. 

Agree about Castro being a fraud. I am not too worried about him though because he polling at 2% but people should look at his HUD record.

30 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'd be happy with Warren although she's not my first or second choice. I just wonder if she can really get the people out to vote. Or will the growing anti-Trump movement do that for her?

Strategically, a Warren/Tim Ryan ticket would be interesting as it would force the GOP to heavily campaign in Ohio.

Warren will pick Castro. Ohio probably remains Trump but they can at least scare Trump into spending needed money in Texas.

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Warren will pick Castro. Ohio probably remains Trump but they can at least scare Trump into spending needed money in Texas.

That's one thing that makes me nervous about her. She seems too friendly to him and is prepping for a VP spot. He has some things he is going to have to answer for in his past in addition to his border policy which is already being quoted directly as an open border policy. 

7 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

That's one thing that makes me nervous about her. She seems too friendly to him and is prepping for a VP spot. He has some things he is going to have to answer for in his past in addition to his border policy which is already being quoted directly as an open border policy. 

She will have a plan for that.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Warren/Castro?

Looks like another 3rd party vote for me......

Dems gonna shoot themselves in the foot.

that won't be a ticket

but dems being dems, there's always plenty to worry about if they're who you're rooting for

imagine a swalwell/williamson ticket :P

yet far far worse, imagine if the gop filed a trump/pence ticket....😬

1 minute ago, twa said:

I still think Kamala and some whitebread tbd later.....Pete seems to be struggling , I had hopes he would be it

i've been a tad disappointed in kamala so far, started out with high hopes, but far from done with her...there's a lot i like about pete, some questions, but mainly think just a little too green (always within the context of anybody but trump for me of course)

there's actually quite a few people among the 24 dems i think govern from acceptable to quite well, whether i agree with all their policies or not

and there are still...yes still...gopers (not many, and others have left or will leave the gop) that i'd like to see run...for two years i've been talking up hurd and kinzinger as great examples of young gopers who have a lot on the ball and are good for the party/country and hurd especially...of course now he's likely on the way out...now conservative people (when i use the word  'people' i mean non-trumpers) closer to their districts may have issues/knowledge my reading up on  them didn't fully cover, but that's my take to date

i'd have fun with  a hurd/warren ticket just for intellect/integrity/policy or a hurd/harris combo could be awesome

but i'm just a dreamer, barefootin' across the country smokin weed.....

14 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

The Dems could nominate a labradoodle and a goldfish and it STILL wouldn't be a ticket that would cause me to vote third party in 2020.

Half eaten, moldy, potato!

I really want Bernie, Biden might be more popular, but I don't want another centrist democrat. As a black man, I'm proud of Obama, he was a good president, but he tried to please and convalesce the GOP, they straight up refused to even talk to him. Right then, Obama should've tried to steamroll them into oblivion and do whatever he wanted policy wise. I think Bernie is the only "dem" who understands this and won't waste his time on negotiating with an opposing party.

13 minutes ago, twa said:

I still think Kamala and some whitebread tbd later.....Pete seems to be struggling , I had hopes he would be it

He dissed single payer health care and stumbled on racism. He isn't out, but he totally put his foot in his mouth recently.

Something to keep in mind, just because a candidate supports or proposes something now, does not mean it will get through Congress in that form or survive judicial scrutiny. I wouldn’t worry too much about some of the more left ideas right now.  The Democrats have enough trouble coming together against Trump.

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

This should be required reading in the center, Left and far Left.

I’ve been saying this for months... most here reject it. 

They think its a time to push their progressive policies. 

I think that’s a mistake. 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

I’ve been saying this for months... most here reject it. 

They think its a time to push their progressive policies. 

I think that’s a mistake. 

It's time to beat Trump, and going Left will NOT do that because the middle will plug their nose and vote for him again or stay home. And if they stay home then the Right wins because the Right actually shows up to vote.

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

that won't be a ticket

but dems being dems, there's always plenty to worry about if they're who you're rooting for

imagine a swalwell/williamson ticket :P

yet far far worse, imagine if the gop filed a trump/pence ticket....😬

Swallwell dropped out. Maybe Williamson/Yang

Archived