Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

I know Enten in his tweets was kind of sort of trying to distinguish an election between Trump in a wide-open election and Trump in an election where he is the incumbent. Laying low is working for Joe right now (and a lot of it is out of necessity, and it is good politics to at least appear supportive during this time), but at some point he needs to go on offense, which I don't think Hillary ever really did and I believe cost her the election. Joe needs to provide a positive vision as to why he should be elected, while at the same time hitting Trump on the deficits (which were bad even before the virus), kissing up to dictators, and his bad public response to the virus. 

Oh, agree. I think Hillary demonstrated that simply staying quiet, and counting on Trump to drive the voters to her, isn't guaranteed. 

(Although, Trump is much more a known quantity now.)

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I know Enten in his tweets was kind of sort of trying to distinguish an election between Trump in a wide-open election and Trump in an election where he is the incumbent. Laying low is working for Joe right now (and a lot of it is out of necessity, and it is good politics to at least appear supportive during this time), but at some point he needs to go on offense, which I don't think Hillary ever really did and I believe cost her the election. Joe needs to provide a positive vision as to why he should be elected, while at the same time hitting Trump on the deficits (which were bad even before the virus), kissing up to dictators, and his bad public response to the virus. 

Actually, Hillary did go on offense, early and often. She attacked Trump. going negative in ads and on the trail from jump street. Going on offense wasn't an issue for her.

The problem she had (well, one of them) was she never really made the case for why people should vote for her, as opposed to giving them reasons to not vote for Trump.  Voters really don't trust that kind of thing, someone who's rationale for being elected is "because the other guy sucks".  People already knew the reasons they shouldn't like Trump, and the didn't. But they had no reason to like her, and went with the one they hated the least, while just enough of her voters just stayed home or went third party.

18 hours ago, Koala said:

Anyhow, IF Biden has to bow out, which is a huge if, Bernie has earned the nomination, period.  And if the Democrats try to weasle their way out and screw Bernie again, I will vote for Trump I kid you ****ing not. 

That's soooo cool. That just means you don't care about the environment, civil rights, women's rights, workers rights, public education, and health care to name a few. So like I said, that's cool. 

Just to be 100% clear, Bernie absolutely, positively did NOT "earn" the nomination, Biden dropping out or not. Winning the nomination means getting 50%+1 of the delegates, which he came nowhere near doing.  He's got a solid slice of the electorate that loves him, and he did zero to expand it. If anything, his campaign hardened the antipathy towards it, as well as the terror of what would happen if he got the nom. 

He didn't lose to Biden because he got nudged out by someone who people liked just a little more than him. The strong majority of the party did not want Bernie as the nominee, and once they figured out who the alternative was, they went that way. Given a 1 on 1 showdown, he'd very likely lose to a bunch of the other candidates as well, in spite of his advantages on name recognition and fundraising. 

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If she became veep, I think she would use the 25th amendment to remove Joe.

I don't agree with you, but if she tries, it would jus be further indication she doesn't know what she's doing and isn't ready to be President. 

The standard, for better or for worse, is we haven't done it for Trump yet, how would that look if she pushed to do it to Biden?  

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

you have some of the wildest takes. They really undermine the good posts and contributions you make 

I say what’s on my mind.  I feel she’s a bit too eager for the job. I do believe that if Joe presented mental decline while in office; she would get the cabinet to go along. 

While I did say, she is someone Joe should consider; I think she has played herself out if being considered.

She would hardly be the first veep to want their boss gone. 

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Was watching Stacey Abrams on MTP yesterday, she need to stop acting so GD thirsty with this VP talk, it's becoming a turn off.

Do you have a link to this? I could not find it. I cut the cord so no TV (it's been glorious!). I saw her campaign in GA since I live here and I saw a strong woman willing to say what she needed to. I agree she does not mince words but I find that refreshing. Is that being "GD Thirsty"? It's an honest question since i have not seen the interview. Can you give me examples of what you had issue with?

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If she became veep, I think she would use the 25th amendment to remove Joe.

You have no grounds for this comment outside your own personal biases. Please provide one fact that leads to this conclusion? And it has to be a fact - not a "you know what THAT means!" what ever THAT is. 

I like Abrams, especially after listening to her on Pod Save America, but there are a lot of reports lately about her putting herself out there as a vp candidate. 

But is that her or the media going to her and asking her?  I haven't been paying enough attention to be sure.

On the other hand, I notice Harris and Biden and his campaign seem to be collaborating a lot lately online.

30 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Do you have a link to this? I could not find it. I cut the cord so no TV (it's been glorious!). I saw her campaign in GA since I live here and I saw a strong woman willing to say what she needed to. I agree she does not mince words but I find that refreshing. Is that being "GD Thirsty"? It's an honest question since i have not seen the interview. Can you give me examples of what you had issue with?

MTP on Sunday's is on NBC, so rabbit ears and a paper clip coulda got you that : )

Fair questions, though.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meet-press-april-26-2020-n1192616

Joe Biden is going to be the president of the United States. And he and his team are going to decide who should be his running mate. He's been very clear that he wants someone that he is compatible with, someone with the skills and the capacity to help him lead and help us recover from four years of incompetence and chaos. And I think a President Joe Biden will know the kind of team he needs. I'm the daughter of two ministers. I was raised to tell the truth. And so when I'm asked a question, I answer it as directly and honestly as I can. And as a young black girl growing up in Mississippi, I learned that if I didn't speak up for myself, no one else would. So I am not -- my mission is to say out loud if I'm asked the question, “yes, I would be willing to serve.” But I know that there's a process that will be played out, that Joe Biden is going to put together the best team possible. And I believe that he will pick the person he needs.

My only guess is she spent so much time saying she didn't want to be President yet that she's doubling down to make up for it.

But she needs to chill, point made, now focus on getting Biden elected instead injecting herself as filling a need.  We need Biden President more then we need her as VP, and he's being quiet for most part so the discussion is dominated by what Trump is saying. 

The last thing she needs is some Twitter storm in her direction, that brings Biden back in the spotlight when he's trying to lay low right now to let it be totally on why Trump shouldn't be president anymore, let him hang himself.

6 minutes ago, visionary said:

I like Abrams, especially after listening to her on Pod Save America, but there are a lot of reports lately about her putting herself out there as a vp candidate. 

But is that her or the media going to her and asking her?  I haven't been paying enough attention to be sure.

On the other hand, I notice Harris and Biden and his campaign seem to be collaborating a lot lately online.

I am not sure either. That's why I was asking the other poster for the link to see. If she is though, my guess is she is being encouraged by the party but maybe not. 

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I am not sure either. That's why I was asking the other poster for the link to see. If she is though, my guess is she is being encouraged by the party but maybe not. 

I responded to you with the link and transcript, what I quoted doesn't sound like party pushing her to me at all, that's her being honest.  

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

MTP on Sunday's is on NBC, so rabbit ears and a paper clip coulda got you that : )

I have a digital antenna but I hate watching TV that isn't sports. TV never comes on so I never know when things are going to be on. So no way for me to know when to watch. That is by design. In case i didn't mention it I hate TV that is not sports.

Besides, I can get people like to let me know what I should bother watching.  Saves time... 😉   So thanks!  :cheers:

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Fair questions, though.

https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/meet-press-april-26-2020-n1192616

My only guess is she spent so much time saying she didn't want to be President yet that she's doubling down to make up for it.

But she needs to chill, point made, now focus on getting Biden elected instead injecting herself as filling a need.  We need Biden President more then we need her as VP, and he's being quiet for most part so the discussion is dominated by what Trump is saying. 

The last thing she needs is some Twitter storm in her direction, that brings Biden back in the spotlight when he's trying to lay low right now to let it be totally on why Trump shouldn't be president anymore, let him hang himself.

I do not understand why she needs to chill??  Let her take the **** storm. She is an adult. She can handle it - probably better than Biden to be honest. ALso, they may trying to get the republicans to show their hand on how they attack her. I doubt she is politicking on her own. She is taking direction from the party. Like the results or not, the entire democratic side is being orchestrated.  

How helpful will it be to find out now what her weak points are. Maybe they cannot be overcome. They find out now so they put that idea to rest and pick someone else. Or it could be the complete opposite. I diversion so the republicans cannot get ready for who the real nominee is going to be. 

My point is that she is very politically savvy. So I doubt she is doing this without being urged to by the party. Just a guess on my part but I have watched her a lot. 

@visionary here is the question, they asked her.

CHUCK TODD:

I'm going to ask you the VP question. I've been, I’ve been interested in watching -- your answer on this question has evolved over the last year. You started with giving the very, sort of, careful answers. Number one, "I don't believe in you run for second place." And then you said, a few months later, "I'd be honored to be considered." And then earlier this week, you made the case that you'd be an excellent running mate. Do you believe you'd be the best running mate Joe Biden could find?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I responded to you with the link and transcript, what I quoted doesn't sound like party pushing her to me at all, that's her being honest.  

If it sounded forced would she be a good politician? I think not... 🙂  Also, both could be true. The party is pushing her so she is expressing her true feelings. Why not? Why hide yourself. I respect your opinion here but have to disagree. I see it a totally different way. 

Archived