Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

It'll be interesting to see how the debates re-open in the wake of all this. "No... really Sen. Cruz, tell me more about how unamerican this election was just as building services comes by to sweep up all the broken glass and the remnants of the fake IED the police had to detonate."

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

One person is dead at the Capitol today.  Not sure if it's the same woman who was reportedly shot earlier today.

Yeah, pretty sure it's the same woman. I've heard several reports that she has passed.

You guys remember this?

Republican official asks what the 'downside' is of 'humoring' Trump after election loss

"What is the downside for humoring him for this little bit of time?" a senior Republican official told the Post. "No one seriously thinks the results will change. He went golfing this weekend. It's not like he's plotting how to prevent Joe Biden from taking power on Jan. 20. He's tweeting about filing some lawsuits, those lawsuits will fail, then he'll tweet some more about how the election was stolen, and then he'll leave."

https://www.yahoo.com/now/republican-official-asks-downside-humoring-135240153.html

Interesting - I was wondering what all the sirens going off the last couple of hour was for.

In Virginia - Governor Northam sent members of the VA National Guard and 200 VA State Troopers to DC.  And, three local jurisdictions in NOVA sent officers as well.  DC Mayor must have enacted mutual aid.  They showed pictures of FBI SWAT in the Capital.  First, they called them because they can get there in a hurry, but to call the ELITE FBI emergency response team is F-in serious.

This is pretty much shocking.  First, Capital Police was completely unprepared.  Second, That MPD and Capital Police couldn't handle this tells a lot.  They work protests like every weekend in DC.

I'm really not sure how to put this.  I've wrapped myself in cynicism when it come to our country and its politics.  I abhor so much about it and the people that are involved.  But, and maybe I've always known this about myself, there was always a little core of me that believed in the beauty of what our country could be.  With all its faults and foibles, the brutality and flaws in its history...just something deep in my soul fundamentally believed in something pure.  I honestly don't know what that something is...just unformed hope and possibility that we could be better than we have been....better than we are.  And even at this moment, I still believe and still hope, that core hasn't disappeared.  And maybe its that fact that explains why right now my heart is breaking.

2 minutes ago, Fred Jones said:

Interesting - I was wondering what all the sirens going off the last couple of hour was for.

In Virginia - Governor Northam sent members of the VA National Guard and 200 VA State Troopers to DC.  And, three local jurisdictions in NOVA sent officers as well.  DC Mayor must have enacted mutual aid.  They showed pictures of FBI SWAT in the Capital.  First, they called them because they can get there in a hurry, but to call the ELITE FBI emergency response team is F-in serious.

This is pretty much shocking.  First, Capital Police was completely unprepared.  Second, That MPD and Capital Police couldn't handle this tells a lot.  They work protests like every weekend in DC.

Like I said earlier.  How many riots happened across the country that started from situations just like this and yet not prepared?  How does that happen? There should have been riot police and guard ready.  There’s no excuse for being prepared hours after all this happened. The claim before the rally was the area was ready for this. 

5 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

I'm really not sure how to put this.  I've wrapped myself in cynicism when it come to our country and its politics.  I abhor so much about it and the people that are involved.  But, and maybe I've always known this about myself, there was always a little core of me that believed in the beauty of what our country could be.  With all its faults and foibles, the brutality and flaws in its history...just something deep in my soul fundamentally believed in something pure.  I honestly don't know what that something is...just unformed hope and possibility that we could be better than we have been....better than we are.  And even at this moment, I still believe and still hope, that core hasn't disappeared.  And maybe its that fact that explains why right now my heart is breaking

That is very well said and encompasses pretty much how I feel.  Other countries might be thinking we're falling apart right now but I expect after a suitable amount of thrashing about we'll move forward... some way or another.  Are we Polly Anna's?

8 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

Like I said earlier.  How many riots happened across the country that started from situations just like this and yet not prepared?  How does that happen? There should have been riot police and guard ready.  There’s no excuse for being prepared hours after all this happened. The claim before the rally was the area was ready for this. 

In fairness to the police, when the insurrection is being led by the President and members of Congress, hard to plan for it.

WTOP is reporting the reason they were able to get into the Capitol was that they sprayed police officers with a chemical agent. 

could you imagine what would happen if the BLM sprayed the officers with a chemical agent? They would massacre the protestors 

Archived