Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, hail2skins said:

Call me crazy, but would you put it past Trump to stage a "counter-inauguration" of sorts to be sworn in for a second term?  Maybe not in DC where the official one will be, but perhaps at Mar-A-Lago?

It won't count, and no I don't think he does that. I think he'll resign an hour before the inaugural so Pence can pardon him. He can only be pardoned for past bad acts, not future ones. It will kill Pence's career just like it did Ford's.

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Call me crazy, but would you put it past Trump to stage a "counter-inauguration" of sorts to be sworn in for a second term?  Maybe not in DC where the official one will be, but perhaps at Mar-A-Lago?

He can whatever the **** he wants, it won't make one bit of difference.

The states are going to certify the election results.  The Electoral College will vote. I think they count the EC votes on Jan. 6 and Joe Biden will officially have been certified the EC winner then.  Noon- Jan. 20; Joe takes over.

Trump can do whatever, he will not be president after 12:01pm on 1/21/20.   There's nothing he can do.  His lawsuits are failing left and right.  There will be no states being flip.

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

It won't count, and no I don't think he does that. I think he'll resign an hour before the inaugural so Pence can pardon him. He can only be pardoned for past bad acts, not future ones. It will kill Pence's career just like it did Ford's.

What if Pence decides not to pardon him, that will be rich.

Throughout all this, the question has always been asked "what would it take for his supporters to turn on him?"

If he did decide not to attend the inauguration, would that be where enough of his backers would admit "what an ***!"  Or would they still feel he'd be justified for doing so?

44 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

There is sooooooo much flawed logic in the Trump supporters’ arguments that they can’t see, that it’s exhausting to read through them without wanting to tie them to a chair and attempt to deprogram them. 

At this point, the hold is so strong, that if you sever them from FoxNews they likely might die of Reality.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’d venture a guess the majority of his backers think not attending the inauguration is the right thing to do.  

Haven't you seen enough of the bad sports parents to know?  They don't understand sportsmanship, congratulating your opponent, etc.  It's just yell, blame the refs, throw a tantrum...only on a larger scale.  

Interesting article by Elizabeth Bolts man on Trump pardoning himself. Following are a few paragraphs from the article.

In the aftermath of his electoral defeat, we are confronted with the possibility President Donald Trump might pardon himself. No other president, not even Richard Nixon, has dared to do so. But Trump may want to extricate himself from the web of criminal accusations surrounding him. A self-pardon would be an assault on the rule of law and the principle that no person, including the president, is above the law. The public outcry would be enormous.

Although there is no case law on the subject, a self-pardon is unconstitutional and invalid — and therefore cannot guarantee Trump, once he leaves the presidency, protection from prosecution for any federal crimes he may have committed.

The Constitution gives presidents broad powers to issue pardons for any federal (not state) crime. But allowing presidents to pardon themselves contradicts the whole thrust of the Constitution, and the notion that people cannot be judges in their own case. The Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel has also opined that a self-pardon would be invalid.

The Constitution’s framers feared unbridled power and sought to check the presidency in various ways. A self-pardon would sidestep those checks, creating a zone of impunity around presidents that would threaten democracy with autocracy.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-shouldnt-able-pardon-himself-090010089.html

When confronted with reality, Trump spins into magical thinking. The virus is going to go away. The laptop will sink Joe. The votes don’t count. The Supreme Court will save me. 

Coming to us Jan 19, 2021: “I’m pardoning myself to protect from a rogue justice department led by shifty Adam Schiff.” (Or insert AG name/bad nickname here) 

Archived