Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

One of Trump supporting nurses at dialysis said she hopes Trump wins just to see the reaction of those who hate him.  

I hope I can walk in on W: 11/4 with Joe having won. Not to rub in but it would sure be nice to see Trumpsters down.  If

the election can be called on election night; then that means Joe flipped some red states.

I'll be bummed if Trump wins, knowing that it will be the end of America as we know it.  I'll just go about my life.  If I had to leave, I do have some friends in Canada.

I know there would be protests if he won outright but eventually it would die down. Now, if he stole the election that's a different thing altogether.  You would see 

the country split apart. 

I still hold the position that everyone who wants to vote can vote and have their votes counted; then Biden wins.  If this goes to the Supreme Court or to the House; then Trump probably steals a win.

Despite all the polls, I know Joe could still lose because the majority of Joe's support isn't because of him but because the voter is anti-Trump and voting against Trump. I think Dems and their supporters knows that a possibility; which is why they will not be letting up one bit the next 2 weeks.

Trump has brainwashed his supporters thinking he can't lose. How will they react if he loses?  Especially, if it's landslide?  A landslide means former Trump voters switched to Biden.  I know a close Biden win, they probably won't accept and will be listen to Trump complain for 4 years before either running himself in 2024 if he's not in prison or setting up one of his kids, if they aren't in prison.

I gave up on the SNL video after the fourth or fifth time they said or implied that all the people at Biden's town hall were supporters of his.  WTF? 

That's a huge mischaracterization that would be really misleading if people hadn't watched the actual town hall.  

5 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Despite all the polls, I know Joe could still lose because the majority of Joe's support isn't because of him but because the voter is anti-Trump and voting against Trump. I think Dems and their supporters knows that a possibility; which is why they will not be letting up one bit the next 2 weeks.

At least based on my Twitter feed, this has changed to a degree. I think people have generally warmed up to Joe. I think his speeches, his town halls, and down to earthness has actually warmed the public to him. So, it's not only anti-Trump (though that's there to a large degree) It's pro-Biden, too.

One of the measures of that is that Biden's Town Hall trounced Trump's town hall in the ratings despite Trump being on Both NBC and MSNBC while Biden was only on ABC. That means people are tuning in to hear what Biden has to say. Normal and sane does have its appeal. Plus, Biden is doing the "vision" thing.

Profiles in courage right here.  :rolleyes:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/larry-hogan-ronald-reagan/2020/10/16/ad14ecca-0f53-11eb-8074-0e943a91bf08_story.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wp_local

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan (R) said he “voted for Ronald Reagan” in this year’s election, writing in the name of the late president and conservative icon after concluding that he could support neither President Trump nor Democratic nominee Joe Biden.

Also amazing that Republicans have to go back FORTY YEARS to find a broadly-acceptable write-in candidate.  

John Bolton implies he was doing something similar.

These clowns don’t seem to understand what it is to make a choice. “When the alarm clock goes off in the morning am I going to get up OR stay in bed. No, I’ll fly around the room like a hummingbird.”

Governor Hogan, that was not one of the options.

I wrote Frank Zappa in '92.  He got me with an interview (I want to say "Arsenio"?) where he said, "We used to just have bag ladies on the streets, and they could get friendly help...but thanks to Reagan, we have homeless families now." 

That's when my change began.  

Just use your common sense. No one benefits from homelessness or hunger. 

Do something about it.  Vote for the person who has met those people and cares about their suffering, not the one who thinks they're "disgusting". 

So we applied for mail in ballots, went to fill it out and suddenly realized it has to match the signature on my driver's license and I got lazy at the MVA and only signed my first initial, something I do with credit card receipts. 

So now I have to wait in line for who knows how long to go early voting.   I'm such an idiot.  

19 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I would have much preferred that he say that he left it blank as he didn’t have a candidate that he supported. 

34 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Also amazing that Republicans have to go back FORTY YEARS to find a broadly-acceptable write-in candidate.  

One who actually had a lot in common with the current GOP.  

I keep pointing out the Reagan administration's response to AIDS.  Which was basically "Hey, it only kills people who didn't vote for us.  So what's the problem?" 

Although I'll give the dude some credit, too.  When trickle down economics exploded the deficit, he actually admitted that it exploded the deficit, and raised taxes some, to reduce it.  He paid attention to reality, eventually.  

19 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So we applied for mail in ballots, went to fill it out and suddenly realized it has to match the signature on my driver's license and I got lazy at the MVA and only signed my first initial, something I do with credit card receipts. 

So now I have to wait in line for who knows how long to go early voting.   I'm such an idiot.  

In most cases, I understand it has to match your most recent voter registration application.  

15 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Agreed. Stupid thing to do, and worse to announce it. If he runs for Senate or something, maybe people should write in Ronald Reagan. 

Last R President who didn't leave office with a bigger deficit than when he came in, was Eisenhower.  

just saying.  

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Profiles in courage right here.  :rolleyes:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/larry-hogan-ronald-reagan/2020/10/16/ad14ecca-0f53-11eb-8074-0e943a91bf08_story.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=wp_local

Also, a long dead one at that.

32 minutes ago, Larry said:

In most cases, I understand it has to match your most recent voter registration application.  

Last R President who didn't leave office with a bigger deficit than when he came in, was Eisenhower.  

just saying.  

When I voted in that primary in August, I signed it as what the envelope said.  My first name, middle initial, last name.    Then a few days later, I realized that they probably have my full name on file.  No big deal, just some local judges was all on the ballot for the primary.

My roommate switch my registration to match my signature on my driver's license; which has my full name.  So, when I mailed in the ballot for the general election; it has my full name and will match what they have on file.

The maddening thing about the whole Trump = Good Economy thing is that it is 100% just people listening to what Fox and other right-wing outlets are saying.  When you look at the actual data, nothing Trump or those outlets say stands up.   For starters, you can't claim the economy was great under Trump without acknowledging that Obama handed off a strong economy to Trump.  Now I have been critical of some aspects of Obama's recovery, but those criticisms remained largely in tact into Trump's first term, so I am calling it a wash on that for the sake of the overall economy issue.   The actual numbers in fact show that the economy slowed down under Trump, and this was before the Covid effect.  Where we are TODAY is largely in part due to Trump politicizing Covid to begin with and allowing it to have much longer lasting effects then if he would have come up with a unified message on it to begin with, 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

just saying.  

Eisenhower was the last Republican President of We the People. He gave his military industrial complex warning on the way out. Pretty much every president since has ignored it.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I wrote Frank Zappa in '92.  He got me with an interview (I want to say "Arsenio"?) where he said, "We used to just have bag ladies on the streets, and they could get friendly help...but thanks to Reagan, we have homeless families now." 

That's when my change began.  

Just use your common sense. No one benefits from homelessness or hunger. 

Do something about it.  Vote for the person who has met those people and cares about their suffering, not the one who thinks they're "disgusting". 

You don’t understand how the Grand Oligarch’s Party and evangelicals work. Cut taxes, cut safety net programs and increase corporate welfare under the notion that the “job creators” will fix the problem by increasing the number of minimum wage jobs that don’t come with benefits. That then allows you as an individual to do several things, pretend your church donations do enough to alleviate any of these problems so you can feign caring about any of it and blame the poor for their own poverty when the “job creators’” minimum wage jobs aren’t enough to cover basic living expenses. Back when I was a Muslim, one of the posters here used to always throw out “but it’s a religion based on peace” whenever an extremist group did something horrendous. It’s pretty sad and telling that evangelicals can’t see the irony and hypocrisy in their contention that Xtianity is a religion based on love. But then they can’t see it in this country always bleating about freedom and democracy either, so there’s that.

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Aside from Republiklan chicanery, this is the other reason we decided to vote in-person. We changed our names last year and our signatures have almost certainly changed since we had our drivers licenses reissued. Hell, mine still looks different most of the time even now. 

1 hour ago, NoCalMike said:

The maddening thing about the whole Trump = Good Economy thing is that it is 100% just people listening to what Fox and other right-wing outlets are saying.  When you look at the actual data, nothing Trump or those outlets say stands up.   For starters, you can't claim the economy was great under Trump without acknowledging that Obama handed off a strong economy to Trump.  Now I have been critical of some aspects of Obama's recovery, but those criticisms remained largely in tact into Trump's first term, so I am calling it a wash on that for the sake of the overall economy issue.   The actual numbers in fact show that the economy slowed down under Trump, and this was before the Covid effect.  

I hate how Trump claims that his economy is the best in the history of the world, but I'm not sure if the economy slowed down during his presidency pre-covid.  GDP growth under Obama was under 2 percent some years and above 2 percent in others......like Trump, his best yearly GDP clip was 2.9 percent, but it was below 2 percent in 2016. Job growth between the two presidents is probably about at the same clip, with Obama's numbers probably a little bit better. The area where Trump probably has bragging rights is in wage growth......it was picking up toward the end of Obama's presidency, but seems to have accelerated a bit under Trump. 

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I hate how Trump claims that his economy is the best in the history of the world, but I'm not sure if the economy slowed down during his presidency pre-covid.  GDP growth under Obama was under 2 percent some years and above 2 percent in others......like Trump, his best yearly GDP clip was 2.9 percent, but it was below 2 percent in 2016. Job growth between the two presidents is probably about at the same clip, with Obama's numbers probably a little bit better. The area where Trump probably has bragging rights is in wage growth......it was picking up toward the end of Obama's presidency, but seems to have accelerated a bit under Trump. 

The rate of growth slowed under Trump, it wasn't a crazy amount, but the economy did contract.  What Trump did when he came into office is essentially what Dubya did.  He took a good situation and started spending the capital on tax cuts for the wealthy. Just like how Clinton's policies were starting to come to an end as far as their effect on the economy, so did Obama's the longer Trump's tenure went on.  It is how the GOP candidates chose to react to that, that is the issue.  This is more the pattern of the GOP and not just Trump himself.  Anytime they are handed off a situation where the numbers looked going in, the decision they make is instead of stimulus or ways to keep the economy expanding, they instead decide to start cutting taxes which usually sends the economy in the opposite direction.  It doesn't happen instantly, but you start seeing the trends.

Archived