Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

And the markets are tanking. 

Whoa now.... The markets are down less than 1% on the day, and are actually up around 7% for the year, even including the drop in the Spring, which barely took us into Bear Market territory. This is just a blip.

Note: This is not really a defense of Trump, so much as a reminder of how stick markets work, and that matters, because a lot of people panic when they read words like "tanking", and panic can lead to really bad (and expensive) decisions.

5 minutes ago, techboy said:

Whoa now.... The markets are down less than 1% on the day, and are actually up around 7% for the year, even including the drop in the Spring, which barely took us into Bear Market territory. This is just a blip.

Note: This is not really a defense of Trump, so much as a reminder of how stick markets work, and that matters, because a lot of people panic when they read words like "tanking", and panic can lead to really bad (and expensive) decisions.

Ya, skinsmarydu, don't cause a national panic! 

34 minutes ago, techboy said:

a reminder of how stick markets work, and that matters, because a lot of people panic when they read words like "tanking", and panic can lead to really bad (and expensive) decisions.

Panic! @techboyis monitoring the market for sticks! We must be headed for a total societal collapse as he’s moved beyond gold, bullets and guns.

Fox News "passing on the story" is sort of not true.  I checked their network over the weekend and they sure as hell were covering it.  Now, they might have thrown in a "can't be authenticated at this time" every 60 mins or so, but they know exactly what they are doing by even giving the story air time to begin with.   That is all this is to begin with.  

The more people focus on Trump and his failures, the worse it is for Trump.   Rudy and Bannon were just looking for an "info dump" before the election to distract people from the incumbent.  

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Panic! @techboyis monitoring the market for sticks! We must be headed for a total societal collapse as he’s moved beyond gold, bullets and guns.

Bonus points for remembering the bullets. Everyone stockpiles gold, guns, and canned food, but a lot of people seem to forget the bullets.

Also, David Swensen would appreciate it if you stopped referring to Yale's timber investments as "sticks". It's undignified.

45 minutes ago, techboy said:

Also, David Swensen would appreciate it if you stopped referring to Yale's timber investments as "sticks". It's undignified.

He lives in New Haven, CT so he knows what “undignified” looks like.

I’be heard that people who don’t want to appear to brag about going to Harvard say that they went to college in Boston. I’ve never heard anyone say they went to college in New Haven.

Fire intentionally set inside ballot box in Baldwin Park, officials say

Investigators are searching for the person who set a fire inside a ballot drop box in Baldwin Park on purpose, potentially compromising dozens of votes.

The incident happened around 8 p.m. Sunday near Baldwin Park and Ramona boulevards in front of the city's public library.

Firefighters say someone purposely tossed burning newspaper into the official drop box. One passerby told Eyewitness News the box looked like a chimney with smoke billowing out of it.

Arson investigators have not yet released information about how many ballots were destroyed. Mayor Manuel Lozano said he believes there were close to 100 ballots in the box at the time of the incident that were burnt or wet.

"People are frustrated across the country, it's no different in Baldwin Park," Lozano said. "The incident that happened...does send a very bad message, as it is, the frustration with the voting box and then this occurs."

Fire crews say they did their best to save as many ballots as possible.

Click on the link for the full article

36 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

I’be heard that people who don’t want to appear to brag about going to Harvard say that they went to college in Boston. I’ve never heard anyone say they went to college in New Haven.

“Cambridge.” They’ll still give you a big enough hint.

43 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I just early voted for the first time in my life.

Not a single person was there but one person was waiting when I was done.

Must have been rush hour.

Wow, what state? I plan on needing a thermos and lawn chair here in Florida. Ok, a flask, but who's asking.. 😳😜

15 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Wow, what state? I plan on needing a thermos and lawn chair here in Florida. Ok, a flask, but who's asking.. 😳😜

Massachusetts, and its a small town in western ma.

Never any wait to vote, I'm very lucky.

I feel so bad for those people that have to wait hours, its not right but it gives me hope for democracy. 

Ps. Maybe you can bring a thermos of hot chocolate and just put some dr mcgillicuddys in it killing two birds with one stone, lol.

Done, my wife and I voted this evening.  49 minutes from the end of the line to running the ballot into the scanner.  Not bad.

Now for a personal anecdote.  I have been personally yelled at and chastised by one of the New York Post writers who is on the by-line of this recent "bombshell" in the course of my official government duties.  This makes me think that I probably did my job well if I offended her.

Sorry if this was posted. But I found it fascinating. It's a gooks look atr the polls this year vs. 2016. He has taken the most recent polls for this year. Then looked at the difference between the poll averages at this point in 2016 vs what the final % was for each state and then superimposed that delta on this years polls. This let's us look at what the final vote would be if the same % shift happens this year as it did in 2016. For example - the first state that he analyzed was Minn: 

Average of polls up to 3 weeks out - 6.2%

Final Poll in 2016 - Hillary +1.5%

+1% for Biden due to being a stronger candidate. 

So you would give trump a 3.7% shift in his direction. The closest poll has Biden up by 6%. So even with the full 2016 shift Biden would win by 2.3%. Others have Biden up by more. 

The end result is with Fl going to Trump, Biden wins 290 to 248- meaning Fl does not matter. If Biden wins Fl he gets to 319 and drops trump to 219. 

However, he does finish the video quoting a guy who has picked virtually every election including 2016 who says trump wins in a landslide. The primary reasons are primary participation and the huge surge in new voters registering republican. 

3 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

I’be heard that people who don’t want to appear to brag about going to Harvard say that they went to college in Boston. I've never heard anyone say they went to college in New Haven.

"The buffoon lessons... The four years of clown college..."

"I'll thank you NOT to refer to Princeton that way!"

Archived