Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

30 minutes ago, visionary said:

These new Republican registrations go all the way back 2-3 years ago which isn't necessarily a bad thing for Democrats. I'm sure there are many cases of people that registered as Republicans a couple of years ago that aren't feeling the same way about Trump now after the last 6 months. 

That Ben Sasse leaked audio is an insight into what the cowardly GOP members think about Trump behind closed doors, but refuse to say publicly.  It could also be a sign of them seeing the writing on the wall for the 2020 election and already trying to plant the seeds of "we were actually against Trumpism the entire time"

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

They can prep Kamala all they want.  While she will be favored, she is no way a lock.  I expect to see many people who ran this time to try again in 24.  I fully expect the left to have their own candidate.  That could be AOC.  I don't think Kamala is a lock for the 24 nomination.  The only way she's a lock is if she's running for a full term; meaning Joe didn't serve his full term for whatever reason. Even then, the left may run a candidate against her.

Would AOC be eligible to run in '24 because of her age?  The the law is you have to be 35 to hold office and she just turned 31 a few days ago. So she'd turn 35, 20 days before the '24 election.  Not sure if there's a cut off date after the primary or something.  If there's not and she did run I'm sure the GOP would make up a rule.    

5 minutes ago, drowland said:

Would AOC be eligible to run in '24 because of her age?  The the law is you have to be 35 to hold office and she just turned 31 a few days ago. So she'd turn 35, 20 days before the '24 election.  Not sure if there's a cut off date after the primary or something.  If there's not and she did run I'm sure the GOP would make up a rule.    

She has to be 35 when she takes office, not when running.

3 minutes ago, drowland said:

I think you have to be 35 by the day of the election. Personally, I think she needs be a governor or mayor first. Get some executive experience. She seems impatient; so she could run in 24.

Archived